Signature perfume that you always get compliments on from strangers

last reply
68 replies
8.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
curious as what scent you wear (or have worn) that stops people in their tracks to ask what it is?! (in a positive way of course!)..
Lurker
0 likes
"Light Blue" by Dolce & Gabbana
or
"Cool Water Wave" by Davidoff

Depending on the season, I move from one to the other .... and both men and women will stand close and ask me what I am wearing. One guy I saw, took my black scarf for his own, and then I found out from one of his friends it was because it smelled of me ... LOL (cute!).

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wear white musk from body fantasy and I always have people telling me I smell really good and asking what perfume i'm wearing and it's only a body spray...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"BODY" by Victoria's Secret. I love it. My best friend (gay man) always tells me I smell like sex and then jokingly tries to ravage me while I laugh hysterically.
Right there. Oh yeah baby. Right there.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I swear I am literally bombarded by guys whenever I wear this out asking me what it is... WARM COTTON by CLEAN.... smells like a warm towel pulled out of the dryer... literally like fresh laundry... I always think guys like it cause it reminds them on when their mom's did their laundry for them.. brings back the good feelings... LOL

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I should also say that KAI (perfume oil) and MONYETTE PARIS (perfume oil) also get lots of dives for my neck and compliments from both guys and dolls...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. It's the best purfume i've ever had, people are always asking what I'm wearing!

HN xx
"I appreciate this whole seduction thing you've got going on here, but let me give you a tip: I'm a sure thing." - Vivian Ward (Julia Roberts) in Pretty Women
Seeker
0 likes
Cotton Candy body spray. Giggles
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
i wear either sweet pea or chocolate amber by bath and body works i love their stuff..
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
DKNY Charmingly Red Delicious cuz it makes me smell eatable! I love all the scents in the DKNY Delicious line have them all but one.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have tons of perfumes and body sprays, next to shoes it’s my obsession; but I hardly ever wear them. I alternate between Michael Kors and Tommy Girl….

Summer

Winter

Those perfumes have gotten me endless compliments.
Lurker
0 likes
That brings up a side question. Do you wear different ones for different seasons, or time of day, or clubs vs. everyday?
0 likes
My favourite is J'Adore by Dior.
Lurker
0 likes
Valvoline 10w30.
Seriously, did you know that what smells good on you might not smell the same on another? Body chemistry is a funny and strange and wonderful thing.
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Valvoline 10w30.
Seriously, did you know that what smells good on you might not smell the same on another? Body chemistry is a funny and strange and wonderful thing.

This is true! A friend of mine used to wear Georgio and it smelled wonderful on her. I decided to buy it for myself but it just wasn't the same on me.
Lurker
0 likes
The only one that I have been ever complimented on by strangers is just an plain old Avon perfume called "Far Away". As to lisa and chef, my friend decided to try it one day but it smelled 'acidy' on her so the poor thing could not wear it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's the same for men's after-shave and cologne. I'm a cheap ass, so I get Stetson original by Cody. It matches my body chemistry great and is not overbearing.

Ladies and Gentlemen (using the terms loosely here in Lush!), all after-shave, cologne, perfume..etc, should be used sparingly! It only takes a little bit. Too much ruins a good thing.

I highly recommend that any such product be tried when you don't have any other on, so they don't interfere with each other. Also, try on a little when shopping, then step away from that perfume counter to a neutral area and let it sit on your skin for about 5-10 minutes before smelling, or asking another person to smell and get an opinion, before buying.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I am a bit of a fragrance whore, so I have a few other 'must-haves' from the Jo Malone line (you can layer them to create a unique signature scent)

- Wild Fig & Cassis (for fall/autumn)
- Vanilla & Anise (for winter)
- French Lime Blossom (for spring)
- Nectarine Blossom & Honey (for summer)
Lurker
0 likes
I LOVE Dior, amazing, Chanel is great. At the moment Im stuck on TaBu, really good.
Lurker
0 likes
Black Amethyst body spray from Bath & Body Works. I am not into heavier perfumes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Valvoline 10w30.

sorry gals, couldn't resist posting. Nice one Chef. Let me know when you need an oil change.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Me, being the cheapo that I am....lol I go to Catos and buy their knock offs. They smell great and are super cheap! But when I have a special occasion, or just wanna smell super good I use my Paris Hilton perfume. Smells sooo good! I also have Gwen Stefanie's collection...well a couple of the. I have Harajuku Lovers Music and Harajuku Lovers G. They smell awesome! But they are sooo expensive and it is such a tiny bottle that I only wear them on super special occasions!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Im always getting compliments on my cologne.. its either Very Sexy for men by V.S. or Contradiction by C.K.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm cheap. I like the "knock off" perfumes. I am currently hooked on Play its the "knock off" of Game by Cool Water i do believe and i'm constantly getting compliments on that. The only name brand i've bought is Hillary Duffs With Love... And it got me a few compliments.
Lurker
0 likes
Mitsouko, by Guerlain. And I have had women in shops take a deep breath, smile, and ask me if my perfume was Mitsouko. With one of them, we got into a wonderful discussion about, as she had worn it some time ago, and since she was about to go on her lunch break, she decided to go out and buy another flacon of it post haste.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by mercianknight
Quote by chefkathleen
Valvoline 10w30.

sorry gals, couldn't resist posting. Nice one Chef. Let me know when you need an oil change.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Sensuous by Estee Lauder
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bvlgari Omnia, started wearing it a few years ago, and I love it, it almost always gets questions. For hubby, I just love the combination of Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flannel and him, it's cheap, easy to find, but gawd the man just melts me when he wears it...
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Gucci Rush
Sandalwood Rose - Bath & Body Works
Exotic Coconut - Bath & Body Works

& My FAVORITE Scent To Wear.......... Fresh Pussy on the face of course!!!![/size
]
Its Rayn
Lurker
0 likes
Safari by RalphLauren