0 likes

Do you find the word cunt offensive?

41 votes remaining
Yes (27 votes) 66%
No (52 votes) 127%
Lurker
0 likes
Hey guys just pondered something.
When talking about offensive words the C word (CUNT - there I said it) shocks the most people. Why?
I doesn't really bother me at all but I know it really upsets people.
What do you guys think?
Lurker
0 likes
The word (cunt) is a word ,, that has more than 1 meaning ,, depending on which context it is used in.
When describing a womans sexual apparatus ,, it can mean good or bad .
When men are speaking of a womans attitude towards them ,, then usually it is meant as something derrogetory or defaming.
Lurker
0 likes
I have no issue with people using it...I normally use it to describe men or women..it is a swear word like fuck or shit or pussy etc...(resists urge to put up the Derek and Clive clip)
Lurker
0 likes
Sometimes it offends me, sometimes it doesnt, it depends on the context of which it is being used
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cunt, twat, gash whatever nasty term you use it's all pussy and doesn't offend me in the least as long as your paying attention to it!!!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
Sometimes it offends me, sometimes it doesnt, it depends on the context of which it is being used

I second that
Lurker
0 likes
I rarely use the word I more use it if I am very pissed at something or someone.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I love the C word.. I don't feel the need to use it all the time.. because it would lose it's impact on people.. I occasionally use it in my stories and during sex if it feels appropriate and sometimes in real life I use it when I'm having a very bad day and want to blame the world. My mother witnessed me use it last year when something bad happened.. she was so shocked she burst out laughing, now it's a running joke and occasionally I quietly utter the word in an entirely wrong situation to raise a smile. surprised)
A Professional Writer is an amateur who didn't quit"
Lurker
0 likes
It depends on how it is being used.
Lurker
0 likes
"What's in a name? That which we call a pussy
By any other name would taste as sweet." – W. Shakespeare sort of
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
when we say "he's a dick" it isn't complimentary.. same as saying "she's a cunt"... they are both meant to take away identity.. there are far more sensual words that should be used intimately..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
definitely depoends on the context.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
I remember this one time in English Lit, my teacher, called another teacher a "C U Next Tuesday" as he walked through the room disruptting our class. Haha it took me a few seconds to work that one out
0 likes
The 'C' word sounds a bit harsh sometimes, but I don't normally find it offensive.

It makes me cringe though when I hear someone young say it in front of an elderly person.
Lurker
0 likes
I get the feeling it's considered much more offensive in the US than it is in the UK (and perhaps other places), since there it's often used as a slang insult, and (at least as far as I remember) it's rarely used in the US except as a vulgar term for vagina.
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
it don't really bother me at all
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
It doesn't offend me, but it will make you a mortal enemy if spoken in a derogatory manner around my wife ... she hates the word.
Lurker
0 likes

sometimes it is SO appropriate ... so I use it with great care, not flippantly!

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would say that we all would agree that its not really the word itself (just like all swear words), but the manner in which you use it. If it turns the person you're with on, or if that's how you and your friends joke, then its cool. But if you know that the person doesn't like it and you use that to intentionally cause disrespect them (once again just like any other swear word), then yes that's not a good thing.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
*looks around*
Funny how some people don't even think of it as being used to curse people while some other people don't even think of it as a word for the womans genitals.
You learn things in life... and believe me you can use the phrase "I love you" to offend and degrade people, so what would be different with "cunt."
Lurker
0 likes
Hi Cat! Where ya been? Missed seein ya.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't find it offensive but I don't use it much...
Algol
Lurker
0 likes
I dont mind people using the word as long as it is not directed at me.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I agree with Robin Williams. Cunt is a harsh word. It's short, it has corners, it's not pleasant. On the other hand, pussy is soft, fuzzy, warm, and welcoming.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hear what you’re saying, it is a strong word and only to be used in those moments of sheer and complete madness.

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think the biggest reason why it doesn't offend me so much is because it's just not a part of my life. It's not a word that's really ever used around me, and I never use it myself. I know the literal definitions for it, as well as the implied definitions - but since I never actually use it, nor does anybody around me, there's never any impact from it.
Lurker
0 likes
Not at all.

Words are words. I had a brother to whom getting the middle finger was something you got your daily dose of.

Words are words.
Lurker
0 likes
I think I don't care. And I want some pancakes....ehhhh....
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
It is a word that some do but ,depends on the context it is used in