Chat Room Wish List

last reply
46 replies
6.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
Now we are live and bedded in, I'm ready to accept new feature requests for the chat rooms.

Wish away.......
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
*raises hand* I have one!!

We were talking in the chat room today, and thought that maybe it would be a good idea for Mods to have access to rooms that require a password, without actually having a password. That way we could step in faster if needed without having to enter a password.

Also.....

We thought it would be a good idea for Mods not to be invisible when being able to enter these passworded chats.

And.....

I personally would like to have a rainbow font. *giggles*
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
Okies heres a few for yas for the "action ones" could we get

1. smacks that ass
2. clobbers with a frying pan (heehee mean i know)
3.sits on your lap

Okay i think thats all for now key word being now
Thanks monkey *hugs*
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
Voice chat so that my fingers dont need to work
Lurker
0 likes
Jdy,

Zloo |rx eh fkdqjlqj wkh jdj frgh? zdv qrw kdug wr zrun rxw!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sassycheergirl
Okies heres a few for yas for the "action ones" could we get

1. smacks that ass(agree with this one)
2. clobbers with a frying pan (heehee mean i know) (IGNORE this one LMAO)
3.sits on your lap(agree with this one)

Okay i think thats all for now key word being now
Thanks monkey
Lurker
0 likes
Gav - tried to Private chat in the bedroom - but got a message saying

"Invalid chat session. Please close this window and try again."

Can you take a look????

Ta
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by patonp
Gav - tried to Private chat in the bedroom - but got a message saying

"Invalid chat session. Please close this window and try again."

Can you take a look????

Ta

I had that happen to sometimes closing out the private chat window helps then refreshing the main chat window could just be a hiccup with the server connection.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I don't think Gav is paying attention to our wishes! Anyone else think that?? LOL
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
I don't think Gav is paying attention to our wishes! Anyone else think that?? LOL

lol sorry had to use that smile
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Pixie

It does say wish list doesn't mean they will actually get done LMAO
Internet Sensation
0 likes
I wish for the chatroom to open a new window so I don't have to open a new window for the site when I'm in the Chatroom.
I'm just lazy I know.
I have to learn all them new features.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Then I go to the chatroom see the little icon next to the text... thinking: "Did I just write that post about this not being here?"
Better to choose for yourself as it is. *smiles*
(I didn't use the button even... so I had to open a new window for this...)
Code Monkey
0 likes
@catnip

I hope the new rooms meet your approval. While you were away we re-arranged this place a little, hope you like it!
Lurker
0 likes
I don't know if this is possible, but I would like to see a lock feature in the private rooms. ie. Once you have sent the friend/friends request into your private chat room, no-one else can come in.

Even though it is password protected, maybe have a lock button that even someone with the password still cannot enter, once you have the friend/friends you only want in the room.

For example:

Yesterday, I opened a room to have a private one on one chat with someone, set a password so no-one else could come in, but then the person I originally invited in, then gave someone else the password and invited them in without asking if it was ok with me.

I could of easily kicked them out, but the problem is now the third person knew who I was talking to, that I was in a private chat room, and the biggest problem is, once you enter a chat room, you can see the last 4 or 5 messages others have written before you have entered.
Lurker
0 likes
The chat rooms are meant for multiple people to chat. In your case, wanting to talk to only one person, I'd recommend "start an online chat".
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
The chat rooms are meant for multiple people to chat. In your case, wanting to talk to only one person, I'd recommend "start an online chat".

That was just an example, but it did make me consider the lock feature after that. It was a bad example, I should of made note that I meant either one on one or multiple people.

I only use the private chat room for a one on one, because I find with the online chat, I often lose connection or it is so slow in the responses. And I only use a one on one private chat room on very rare occasions. I hope that I am not abusing the system doing it this way but as said before, the response timing is so much quicker in the chat rooms then in the online chat.

I read in another topic, Rocco, that you wish to make just a friends only chat room option, which I thought was a great idea , but what is stopping one of your friends from handing out the password?

Gav has done a wonderful job with making the rooms private so no-one can see who is in the room and making it password protected for your privacy, but it doesn't put a complete halt to uninvited guests.

That's why I thought if we had a lock feature, once all your friends are in, you can lock the room as a safe guard. If, someone who you want, wants to come into the room after you have locked it, then it's a simple matter of unlocking it, then locking it again.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Ok I think I know a good solution for this. When you create a private room, you will have 3 secruity options:

#1 using a password you can issues to friends or non friends.
#2 invite friends only. only people on your friends list will gain access
#3 locked access. a member will be sent a key in the link to the room url, which is tied to their username. they cannot issue this key to anyone else as it only works with their username.

Make sense?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gav
Ok I think I know a good solution for this. When you create a private room, you will have 3 secruity options:

#1 using a password you can issues to friends or non friends.
#2 invite friends only. only people on your friends list will gain access
#3 locked access. a member will be sent a key in the link to the room url, which is tied to their username. they cannot issue this key to anyone else as it only works with their username.

Make sense?

No it doesn't make sense! Are you on drugs or something or am I?

LOL only kidding!

Fantastic gav! Number 3 is exactly wanted I wanted. Sort of like a virtual fingerprint passkey. BRILLIANT. Thank you.
0 likes
clicks doc marten boots and says, I wish I wish upon a star to have my own chatroom

And no I don't mean having to create my own chatroom.

laughs--just having fun posting and reading threads before I even knew of lush.
'tis himself!
0 likes
Quote by gav
Now we are live and bedded in, I'm ready to accept new feature requests for the chat rooms.

Wish away.......

I see this is an ancient thread that just got resurrected, so I'm going to make use of it being here.

Some of the rooms tend to fill up and stay full, and if you want in you have to keep trying. No problem; I see the purpose and point of having limited numbers of people in a room. But...

Sometimes I'll see someone who's in two or three rooms. Again, not a problem except if the same person is in two rooms that are already full and a third that's just kind of semi-full. What about a feature that notifies such people that they must log out of the rooms that are at 24 or more, or out of the other room. If they do not, they will be ejected from full rooms in the order in which they entered them, starting in 60 seconds (or some other arbitrary time) until the conflict no longer exists.

I don't necessarily have a problem with people being in more than one room, but when they contribute to filling a room to capacity, they should either be engaging in that room or get out and let others in.

Does that make sense? Am I just being a cranky old youkidsgetouttamychatroom! guy?
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

clicks doc marten boots and says, I wish I wish upon a star to have my own chatroom

There aint enough pixels in the world to host that room!
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by TheUprightMan

I see this is an ancient thread that just got resurrected, so I'm going to make use of it being here.

Some of the rooms tend to fill up and stay full, and if you want in you have to keep trying. No problem; I see the purpose and point of having limited numbers of people in a room. But...

Sometimes I'll see someone who's in two or three rooms. Again, not a problem except if the same person is in two rooms that are already full and a third that's just kind of semi-full. What about a feature that notifies such people that they must log out of the rooms that are at 24 or more, or out of the other room. If they do not, they will be ejected from full rooms in the order in which they entered them, starting in 60 seconds (or some other arbitrary time) until the conflict no longer exists.

I don't necessarily have a problem with people being in more than one room, but when they contribute to filling a room to capacity, they should either be engaging in that room or get out and let others in.

Does that make sense? Am I just being a cranky old youkidsgetouttamychatroom! guy?

Let me mull this over for a bit. If someone isn't contributing to a popular room, then their seat shouldn't be guaranteed.
Lurker
0 likes
More aesthetically pleasing backgrounds for the rooms?

Or ones a little bit easier on the eyes.
0 likes
Quote by gav

There aint enough pixels in the world to host that room!

Thank you.
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Do you think a political, current events, or 'Think Tank' chat room (you could call it the 'News Room') would work or would it be too much trouble to moderate? I used to chat on one on Yahoo a long (long, long) time ago that seemed pretty popular and usually had some lively and engaging conversations.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ooo, hello Gav I have a question. If I'm in a room and my phone rings etc, I can't get back in even though I'm still there according to the names. Not even to log out of if the room is full, I'm directed to a different room. If I'm leaving, I'd rather not wait to be timed out or others leave so I can re enter and say bye. Thanks for reading x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Do it!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It would be nice if there were less clicking needed. For example When I click on the "privately whispers to/slaps on ass/kisses the left knee of" multiple-choice thing, it should not take the focus off the type-in area. Similarly when I select a person in the right-hand column, the typein focus should stay where it was (like it does when I click right on those entries)...
Best Friend Exchange Club: Here
Artist stories start at Artist -- Chapter 1
Starbucks Reverie at Starbucks Reverie

Teacher at Teacher

And please read my competition entry:There's Always Time. A sweet love story set in a time traveling universe.