Simple Pleasures

last reply
105 replies
7.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
What are some of the simple things in life that make you really happy?

Mine is seeing a parent play with their baby or toddler, I just think its really special and brings back so many fond memories.

Lollipop Girl
0 likes
I love seeing the smile on my sons face when we are spending time with him, He just looks so happysmile
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
i like watching people fall off of skateboards.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something. - unknown
Lurker
0 likes
Me too. especially those show offs
0 likes
My favourite simple pleasure is silence. I really enjoy quiet time.

Also - and I know this is weird - clouds. I love lying on the grass watching them.
Lurker
0 likes
Hmm, clouds are fun tp watch on a hammock, very relaxing. I find lying under the stars more comforting though.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
My favourite simple pleasure is silence. I really enjoy quiet time.

Also - and I know this is weird - clouds. I love lying on the grass watching them.

Silence is wonderful. I like lying under trees and listening to the small sounds that occur, so I don't really watch clouds that much, but yes, I can understand why you'd love that.
Lurker
0 likes
A cup of coffee,, good cigarette,, and silence.
Lurker
0 likes
Seeing a man and woman kiss; clearly into each other.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool

I always feel really awkward when I walk past two people kissing, it feels like im imposing on a private moment
Lurker
0 likes
I find peace and tranquility hiking and walking about, often off trail. I love the texture, line, balance and patterns of the natural world. Sometimes it is a time to think, others to be still and quiet.

A photo is worth a thousand words

It was 104 degrees the day I took this photo. I hiked up from the valley below.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool

Great sensitivity. Very poetic.
Lurker
0 likes
Sitting on a beach watching the sun go down with a breeze flicking past my face just glorying in the beauty of nature
Dancing around like a lunatic alone in my house just because I really love a song
Dropping to the bottom of a pool and just looking up at the light hitting the ripples of the pool surface
Lurker
0 likes
- fresh clean white cotton sheets on my bed (and if they are dried on a clothesline, even better!)
- my morning tea on the deck - regardless of the time of year - and the city is just waking up
- knitting with the perfect yarn
- a new black Sharpie
- my children's giggles
Lurker
0 likes
Right at this moment, I'm sitting by the fireplace, sipping a nice single malt 12 year old scotch.
Lurker
0 likes
-playing guitar with a group of friends
-playing guitar completely alone
-leaving my home for the day, free to do as I please and return when I please
-giving somebody a laugh when they really needed one
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Right at this moment, I'm sitting by the fireplace, sipping a nice single malt 12 year old scotch.

Bliss!

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.
Lurker
0 likes
Walking in a fresh midnight snow
Yoga on a sunny spring morning
Reading a good book while sipping tea and listening to chamber music on Sunday morning
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Kyle
I find peace and tranquility hiking and walking about, often off trail. I love the texture, line, balance and patterns of the natural world. Sometimes it is a time to think, others to be still and quiet.

A photo is worth a thousand words

It was 104 degrees the day I took this photo. I hiked up from the valley below.

Kyle, that is a spectacular photo!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Watching and listening to my daughter as she laughs/giggles at the things that I had stopped thinking were funny decades ago. I revel in her innocence and rejoice in her happiness.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hearing the voice of the one I want makes me the happiest!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by shygeek

Talisker?
Lurker
0 likes
A nice hot relaxing bath and bubbles that makes you soo warm and comfortable and relaxed that when you get back to your cosy bed with new, clean sheets on you fall straight asleep, curled up still in your towel. Heaven!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by shygeek

Talisker?

Caol Ila from Isle of Islay. I like to try different brands. This one I found very smooth, smokey and peaty. I would definitely buy it again.

Scotland keeps their really good stuff though. I loved it when I visited there back in 2001.
Lurker
0 likes
An elderly person dissing a younger person. It is funny to watch.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by shygeek

Talisker?

The very one ...

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.
Lurker
0 likes
Scotland keeps their really good stuff though. I loved it when I visited there back in 2001.

Talisker is from Scotland and if you can afford it, you can get the best they have to offer. The 30 year old is about $400.00 a bottle but well worth it.
Lurker
0 likes
Is that a beer Roc?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

Talisker is from Scotland and if you can afford it, you can get the best they have to offer. The 30 year old is about $400.00 a bottle but well worth it.

Mmmm.. I'm sure it's wonderful.