Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Does telling a guy that you love him really scare him away?

last reply
43 replies
4.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I told a guy I loved him and he shyly looked at his feet, when he looked back up at me he smiled and said nothing.

Me personally I liked being told I'm loved it doesn't freek me out, as I like telling friends and lovers that I love them quite freely.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sunshine22345
Would it freak you out?

Your question has a high fear factor!!

How I react to things depends on the situation. If it is honest and meant from the heart, I can handle it even when the feeling isn't mutual. Life can get complicated but never to the point of freaking out.

It can be difficult when a person is really needy and they get the idea you can satisfy those needs. That is when "I love you" is more a cry for help. That's when "love stinks".
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Kyle
Quote by sunshine22345
Would it freak you out?

It can be difficult when a person is really needy and they get the idea you can satisfy those needs. That is when "I love you" is more a cry for help. That's when "love stinks".

Kyle knocks it outta the park!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
You might want to try to learn the difference between LOVE and LUST,,, before you get The I LOVE YOU"S going too soon.
Lurker
0 likes
It would only scare him away if....

1. he is only with you for sex and not love, or
2. he is romantically interested but not as far into the relationship as you are and think you are moving too fast.

Best to find out which it is before you decide whether to chase him or leave him.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
3. He's had a history of bad relationships and is "scared" to believe in any relationship anymore.
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde
Lurker
0 likes
It all depends on the relationship before it's told, doesn't it?
Lurker
0 likes
It doesn't sxare me I actually like to know a girl loves me
Story Verifier
0 likes
It depends if the guy wants to be loved or pleasured.. personally I am scared to death of the L word.. but only because I think it's overused.. I wanna create my own word that means so much more.. surprised)
A Professional Writer is an amateur who didn't quit"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think its nice to hear.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Depends on how long the relationship has been going on before she says it. I would be feeling awkward if she said it after a week, that would be weird. I would only be "scared" if I liked her enough to not want to hurt her feelings, but did not like her enough to return the feelings she had for me. That scares me because I don't want to hurt anyone.

In order to know virtue, you must first become acquainted with vice.
- Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade

-------
En vis mann slår aldri en hund i klubben med en stokk, fordi hunden vil vende rundt og biter mannens ballene av.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I knew the lady was being totally honest, I'd love her to tell me that
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just as long as she doesn't ask me to marry her after going out for only 3 weeks--recently happened to me
Mr Nobody
0 likes
Most men will tell you whatever you want to hear if the the one eyes trouser snake can get indoors
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DBarclay
Most men will tell you whatever you want to hear if the the one eyes trouser snake can get indoors

Shame on you DB, true, but shame on you nonetheless!! LOL

If it's said too soon, the 'L' word used to freak me out. It usually meant she wanted to share my toothbrush holder and fill my pad with fluffy pillows!
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It would depending on the time frame. If theyb were telling me that they loved me on the second week I might be a little scared. You can't really know each other after that much. A few months, not at all.
Lurker
0 likes
I think the reason some people get freeked out by hearing the words I love you, is the baggage that comes along with those words. I have a feeling that if it scares you when you hear it, it is because the person on the recieving ends thinks we have reached a certain seriousness within the relationship. Not everybody wants to feel tied to one person just because they say I love you.

Dialogue between two people.

Woman: I love you.
MansadShit, Do I have to say it back, and if I do, does that mean we are a proper couple and not just people who meet up occasionaly and have sex)
Woman:(waiting for him to say it back) I love you...
Man: ( looks around sheepishly)
Woman: (Shit, he doesn't feel the same, wow shouldn't have said that, now I've blown it between us)
Man:( if I say I love her back, that means I can't see those girls who's numbers I picked up last week, best to keep quiet!)
Lurker
0 likes
hmm... it doesn't apply for all the male species

It depends if it's said sincerely/ from the heart or just being said just for the sake of saying it. And it also depends from whom that love came from. Say it if you really do love that person

You could scare SOME guys if you'll say I love you and if he doesn't have any feelings for you, or might just be flirting with you. SOME likes it for it serves as a trophy. SOME likes it for they feel flattered.

But if a certain guy is in love with that girl and if there is a mutual feelings he would always love to hear that girl tell him "I LOVE YOU"

don't ever say "ILOVEYOU" to somebody only to force him or her to love you back. It's not love anymore and might freak him or her out
Lurker
0 likes
After dating for 3 months, I once told a guy "I love you" after a wonderfully romantic day together and he responded with "thank you." I never heard from him again. Fucker.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
After dating for 3 months, I once told a guy "I love you" after a wonderfully romantic day together and he responded with "thank you." I never heard from him again. Fucker.

My apologies Ali, but.... .....my sympathies, but your delivery just cracked me up. Most unexpected.

I loved the eloquence. Never knew you had such a potty mouth.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by mercianknight
Quote by ali2teaseu

My apologies Ali, but.... .....my sympathies, but your delivery just cracked me up. Most unexpected.

I loved the eloquence. Never knew you had such a potty mouth.

I am a Jersey girl!
Lurker
0 likes
I've always been the one to say it first. (Toe pick)
Wild at Heart
0 likes
There's nothing a guy wants to hear more. But only if he loves you back.

If he doesn't love you back this scares him because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings.
Lurker
0 likes
Nah. Doesn't bother me at all. In fact it takes a lot of pressure off. If you love her back, then its validation. If not...well you can probably convince her to do something really, really dirty.
Lurker
0 likes
If he has a fear of commitment, then you're screwed.

But, if you say it and he's not feeling the same yet, it can make for an awkward situation, just like if a guy says it and she isn't feeling the same way.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't mind a woman saying she loves me as long as she respects that I have other female friends and can live with that without getting jealous or to clingy.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
This can also work both ways.

Sometimes a guy will say it too soon, or when you don't feel the same way....

And then you either have to say it back to avoid awkwardness, have "the talk" about where you see the relationship going, or just smile back and listen to the crickets ominously chirping.

This is always a tough one. I've never been one to casually use the "L" word in relationships. I do think its something special when you do say it, and if you're not sure of the other person's feelings, its probably just better to wait.
Lurker
0 likes
NOT AT ALL!!! Only a coward afraid of commitment, or a man there to use you will be frightened off..... TRUST ME I AM A GUY...