FREE Antispyware and Cleaner Program - no catches

last reply
5 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just spent 2 hours cleaning up the dross from my machine after I was noticing a considerable amount of wierd things happening - turns out there were 6 different damn spybot dealbar whatevers on there, and several trojans.

These tools are superb - and totally free, no catch, no trial - give them a whirl

Anti Spyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/ - this found several more trojans and nasties which Lavasoft Adaware didn't.

Crap cleaner: get rid of all the junk you don't need clogging up your hard drive - cleaned 340mb from my m/c! hope none of it was good stuff! http://www.ccleaner.com/

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i have ccleaner and love it
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sexysalma
i have ccleaner and love it

I have the professional one and LOVE it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have super antispyware I opted for the professional version you have to pay for, after using the free version for A year. It's worth the extra money. It does more & it really works well. I recommend either version. I have tried other programs & they fail in comparison. Go for it. You will not be disappointed.
0 likes
I'll have to look a those. I use AVG Free Edition + Malwarebytes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hiren's BCD for the win, I never leave my apartment without it. Never use two active antivirus items. They detect the virus/malware then lock down down the file, preventing it from acting on something before attacking it. Having two active antivirus softwares will cause them to lock it simultaneously, but not remove it, potentially allowing it to continue being malicious. It also eats processing power like nothing else.

By active antivirus, I mean something that is progressively scanning, rather than something that must have a manual scan only. 2 programs is less secure.

If you're paying for something, go with Kapersky, it's extremely efficient to the point that by the time somebody has cracked it, two new versions are out and have patched that exploit.
And I've only begun fucking with you people.
At the end of the day, it's all math.