Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Does anyone here besides me even like erotic thrillers?

last reply
18 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Nerdzilla
0 likes
What it says. I'm writing one, but I don't even know if there's an audience for this. lol

Bueller?
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Ooh yeah. Don't mind a little fear with my sex. They make for interesting bedfellows smile
Primus Omnium
0 likes
This is an easily answered question, really. For folks who are always looking for a good story, along with their erotica, the genre is not so important. The good story telling is paramount. That's actually what we need all of those genres for. To allow different tastes to be filled along with the sensuality and lust to only be found in abundance on this type of site.

If you are lucky enough and talented enough to be able to write a thriller well I am certain you would find a readership, just as something like steampunk, or horror, will find an audience who enjoys their sex in those types of environments. Even tentacle sex.

Go for your own lusty ideas.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
if it's a good story, regardless of the genre, i'll read it, especially from someone with your chops. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
I like erotic and I like (some) thrillers but I'm not fond of mixing the two. Nothing against the genre, just doesn't float my boat. I tend to like my sex funny or romantic. If I want a sense of menace or fear, I have my horror fic collection.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
Yes. Verbal posted a really good one a while back--maybe early last year? Perfectly brilliant. Do it.

I don't think so (unless you find tentacles thrilling, which I think is unlikely), but maybe.

Anyway, yeah, I'd read an erotic thriller. I like both genres, and I like genre-mixing writing. And you clearly have some game. Go for it!
Lurker
0 likes
I do, I do.
0 likes
Quote by calx86
There is just something about haunted house stories with horny ghosts.

see, that doesn't have to be a "thriller", though. You could have more of a "dark fantasy" vibe or even a "Fantasy-romance" for something like that.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
I love it! Awhile ago, I saw that publications weren't really looking for thrillers anymore. I didn't submit any to them, but as I'm writing this insanity for Lush, I remembered that and wondered if the genre was decreasing in popularity in general.

You guys are awesome! Well, except seeker. *poke poke* ;D
0 likes
Quote by Katherine
Well, except seeker. *poke poke* ;D

Hey, if we all liked the same stuff, the world would be boring.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Katherine
What it says. I'm writing one, but I don't even know if there's an audience for this. lol

Bueller?

I do enjoy them, like the movie, Get Out, but I do really enjoy writing them. I don’t know if Red Delusion, in the horror section, is what you’d consider a thriller, but I do.

I also wrote one for a competition, but I needed a few thousand more words to make it coherent. It finished as it should, a distant placing.

For over a year, I’ve also been writing a lesbian thriller called, Tender. I’m hoping and waiting for a competition theme I can mold it to. However, I need at least 7500 words to do it justice. Nicola, are you listening? Otherwise, if and when I get back into writing, I’ll post it.

Do it! Write it! We will read it!

Darn. I forgot about a competition EP I received for Blueberries. It was a thriller. Is this what you had in mind?

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/college-sex/blueberries.aspx
The Linebacker
0 likes
Yes
Nerdzilla
0 likes
I finally have all three chapters published, if you guys are interested. It's in this category because it's crazy and dramatic and yes that's a part of it. No more of a focus of the story than a Game of Thrones episode or something. It's about a woman struggling with her identity as a sober person and what she has to face when she sees something she shouldn't have. I hope you'll check it out.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/incest/-this-side-of-nowhere-1-of-3-.aspx
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Yes, please recommend some good ones, here on Lush or elsewhere. Thanks