4.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
"the Great God (snicker)" - James 'Bear' Llewellyn
0 likes
Currently getting this on the main site -

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

Home page, mail, profile, probably more.

Is this maintenance or are techs aware?
Getting it on Android and Chrome and Laptop - Win8 and Firefox

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
You're not alone. I've been getting the same most of the afternoon on the desktop site sad The entire domain seems to be screwed up.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 25 Editor's Picks, 69 Recommended Reads.
* 14 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

0 likes
Seems like everything but the forums are down (profiles, stories, etc.). Haven't tried groups or chat since I don't really use either.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Haven't tried groups or chat since I don't really use either.

By the looks of things, it's the whole 'www' lushstories.com domain that's affected. Mobile site, cams, tube and forums are subdomains so they're unaffacted at the mo.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 20 collaborations.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WannabeWordsmith

By the looks of things, it's the whole 'www' lushstories.com domain that's affected. Mobile site, cams, tube and forums are subdomains so they're unaffacted at the mo.

Same experience here, been getting error messages for around four hours now. Also experienced occasional outages nine or ten hour ago.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have the same problem, no idea what to do. I'm not very good with computers.
kisses, amy
0 likes
Quote by amy221
I have the same problem, no idea what to do. I'm not very good with computers.

My understanding is that it is a server side issue, so nothing you can do.
I do wonder if anyone is aware as I've not seen any 'we're working on it' notices.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.

0 likes
With email affected, we can't just email Nicola or Gav so I'm not sure how to ensure they are even notified. Wish the forums had tagging/@ mentions so we could just tag them to the thread. I will see if the contact form is working but I doubt it.

EDIT: Well, there doesn't seem to be a link to the contact from from the forums and the home page is still down so ... nope, that's not going to work. Anyone have them on FB or something?

EDIT 2: Remembered that Nic and I follow each other on Twitter so I DM'd her.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
I guessed their Lush email addresses and sent messages to both from my account, but whether they arrive is anyone's guess.

To my partially-trained eye, it appears to be a website misconfiguration or permissions issue or catastrophic hardware failure as it's refusing to locate any of the server pages. So direct email delivery to the domain may still be up, it's just that we can't get to the webmail interface until the site is fixed. If nicola or gav have set up email forwarding to their personal email accounts, we might be lucky.

A few times it's bombed out with a 503 instead of a 404, which may indicate the server is rebooting. Whether this is gav trying to fix it or the server periodically restarting itself and then just reverting to its previous 404 behaviour, I'm not sure.

* 20 collaborations.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i fixed it.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite
i fixed it.

You know how to chat someone up...

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Looks like the site was just taken down and restarted. Hope all the features start working as it comes back to life
0 likes
Quote by bill11
Looks like the site was just taken down and restarted. Hope all the features start working as it comes back to life

JUst got on the homepage and my timeline so I guess the reboot did it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you, Sprite.er4x88klMk0NAGG7
kisses, amy
0 likes
Well I've got it back again, the hamsters are having a pissy weekend, someone feed them please.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

0 likes
It's been going on for a while now. At least an hour, I think.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
It's been going on for a while now. At least an hour, I think.

It's been about 3 hours for me and still ongoing.
0 likes
Quote by LondonLimey

It's been about 3 hours for me and still ongoing.

I haven't been on most of the evening so just noticed around 8:30. I'll shoot Nic a message via Twitter DM in case she hasn't heard, yet.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Benn a couple of hours since I noticed it... right in the middle of trying to post a new story
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Oh fps, this shit again? Heads are going to fucking roll around her. Mother fucking hell.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Come on, Rachel, we all know it was you who pushed the red button instead of the green one again. Just own up.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Come on, Rachel, we all know it was you who pushed the red button instead of the green one again. Just own up.

Gorillas are an endangered species. Hate to see them become extinct, scooter...

0 likes
What do the chatroom users only do when the rest of the site is down?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
up again. and yes, i agree, this is unacceptable. sorry, folks.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Would whoever put the motion detecting device on Lush please remove it - everytime I sit down at the computer it seems Lush is down!
Matriarch
0 likes
Gav is trying to get to the bottom of the downtime.

He thinks it's a Windows server update causing the problem, and trying to come up with a workaround.

Don't you just love these "updates"? Seems they cause more issues than they fix most of the time.

Apologies folks. I hate the site being down more than anyone.
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Don't you just love these "updates"? Seems they cause more issues than they fix most of the time.

Don't get me started. I've been managing Windows and Windows Server for over two decades and the number of times MS updates have broken stuff ... yeah.
0 likes
And gone again...is someone trying to tell me to do some work?

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Force of Nature
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Gav is trying to get to the bottom of the downtime.

He thinks it's a Windows server update causing the problem, and trying to come up with a workaround.

Apologies folks. I hate the site being down more than anyone.

Might I ask why you are using Windows? In forty years I have never used a GUI-based server and I've never dealt with the aggravations Microsoft clients contend with on a regular basis.

My husband runs a Windoze PC because there is software he requires which is not available on any other platform. He stopped allowing automatic updates many years ago.

My recommendation would be some form of BSD or one of the commercial Linuxes. I have personally had great success in the past with FreeBSD and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Looks like we're in for a nasty spell of wether.

Gracie Goes To Hollywood's - True

The Night They Tried to Close RUMPLATIONS Bar (with JamesLlewellyn)

Dirty Stop-out
0 likes
And we are gone again... Definitely time for bed then x

Read The Key my latest story and comp entry about a submissive who needs help to be a good girl

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category