Game of Thrones... The final season

last reply
106 replies
6.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I was a little disappointed with this recent episode. Mainly because it was so short. 54 minutes is way too short when there are only 6 episodes in this final seasons.

Over all, I thought it was decent. It was mainly characters coming to together tying up 8 years of threads.

The one thing I could have done without was the John Snow/Denaerys Alladin style flight of the dragons. I was just waiting for them to breakout into a rendition of "a whole new world."
The Linebacker
0 likes
I am looking forward to the battle scene against the Whitewalkers/Dead in the next episode. But l expect some of our favorite characters will be killed off.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Tonight’s episode was amazing....I can’t wait for the battle.....

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Lurker
0 likes
I must say that I am a little irritated at the slow pace of the first two episodes. With the next episode being the battle of Winterfell, I feel as if there will not be enough time to wrap the series up in 3 episodes.

Everything done was quality, but I have a suspicion that they might now have to rush through the last few.

This whole thing should have been ten seasons. They fucked up by rushing things in season 7. Now we have 3 more episodes to tie everything together, and I feel like they might be rushing things.

I'm actually surprised that more people weren't pissed off about the Arya sex scene. I know that the actress is 22 and the character is 18, but I assume most viewers still see her as a little girl. It was strange, since we started watching her since she was a child, but I was surprised that more dummies weren't outraged.
Lurker
0 likes
The show has went downhill after ever it went beyond the books (which are better, it's a fact).

The first episode of season 8 was extremely frustrating. Like Damon X said, nothing happened. Silly scene with the dragons which didn't do anything but try to establish that Jon and Dany fancy each other. They have known each other a week and are now meant to be in love. Please.

Second episode was pretty good. No complaints there. Nice character building moments with the characters that are due to die next week.

Excited to see how it all ends as I have no idea where it is going at the moment.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
I must say that I am a little irritated at the slow pace of the first two episodes. With the next episode being the battle of Winterfell, I feel as if there will not be enough time to wrap the series up in 3 episodes.

Everything done was quality, but I have a suspicion that they might now have to rush through the last few.

This whole thing should have been ten seasons. They fucked up by rushing things in season 7. Now we have 3 more episodes to tie everything together, and I feel like they might be rushing things.

I'm actually surprised that more people weren't pissed off about the Arya sex scene. I know that the actress is 22 and the character is 18, but I assume most viewers still see her as a little girl. It was strange, since we started watching her since she was a child, but I was surprised that more dummies weren't outraged.

There are four episodes left not three.

Xo
Lurker
0 likes
I'm not too critical of the first two episodes. I enjoyed them for the table setting that they were. The knighting was a touching moment. Fans are highly anticipating Episode 3 because we expect lots of death. Sad deaths too. However, with three episodes to follow, and with the minds behind the show saying a good story needs a good ending, I'm hopeful some form of good will triumph over evil. How they do that, and by whom, is immensely intriguing.

I've been reading a lot of fan theories about what will happen in episode 3 and beyond, who will live, who will die, etc. Interesting stuff. Funny stuff. Funniest was a zombie Tyrion killing Cersei.

My young son has wanted to watch GOT for a couple years, but he's still too young for some of the material. However, he loved Deadpool & Deadpool 2 (with some Dad censoring), so we are giving it a chance. Dad needs to be fast on the remote and we've agreed that when I tell him to look away, he does. So far, so good. He did see a few boobs and was aghast. He made some funny noises and commented that those ladies must get paid a lot to be naked on TV. Yes. And no. The sex stuff, and especially the more challenging sex stuff, I've removed from the equation all together. His focus is the story, the characters, and the battles. Hopefully, by the time the series finale arrives in a few weeks, he'll be ready to watch it shortly AFTER dad has.

We recently had a good chuckle.

Robert Baratheon silenced Cersei one time by blurting, "Quiet Woman!" I told my son he should try that with his mother or his teachers. Thankfully, he knows better and to not listen to my ill-conceived advice. But that would be darn funny to witness, even more so than an accidental fart during math class.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27

There are four episodes left not three.

Xo

Yes, but the next episode will be taken up entirely with the Battle of Winterfell.

Which leaves 3 left to resolve the entire series.

As I stated:

With the next episode being the battle of Winterfell, I feel as if there will not be enough time to wrap the series up in 3 episodes.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

I’m enjoying all the fan theories. Some of them are pretty incredible.

The most interesting one....is that this is all just a dream that Brahm is having.

I’m rewatching the entire series and have found this could be true.

Will see.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Lurker
0 likes
The next episode will be the climax of the entire series.

They filmed it over fifty nights in Ireland.

Night battles are less expensive to film and they allow for stuff like fire arrows that cinematographers love.

It better be as least 80 minutes though.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Ping

I've been reading a lot of fan theories about what will happen in episode 3 and beyond, who will live, who will die, etc. Interesting stuff. Funny stuff. Funniest was a zombie Tyrion killing Cersei.

Or Cersei dying while giving birth to a dwarf?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
The next episode will be the climax of the entire series.

They filmed it over fifty nights in Ireland.

Night battles are less expensive to film and they allow for stuff like fire arrows that cinematographers love.

It better be as least 80 minutes though.

90 minutes. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

90 minutes. smile

It better be.

It will hard to beat the Battle of the Bastards, but I'm assuming there will be a lot of plot points resolved.

I'm assuming that it will take one of two threads.... either they win... or have to retreat with many of the protagonists turned into wights.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

It better be.

It will hard to beat the Battle of the Bastards, but I'm assuming there will be a lot of plot points resolved.

I'm assuming that it will take one of two threads.... either they win... or have to retreat with many of the protagonists turned into wights.

we are going with being beaten and retreating to the iron isles. but what do we know? we know nothing, jon snow. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
Or Cersei dying while giving birth to a dwarf?

Sadly, you've seen part of Episode 3's script online. Don't trust it. Red herring.

Here's the truth... SPOILER ALERT!!!

The Night King, or Ice King as he prefers, has split his army. He, Blue Dragon TM, the name of his future cannabis strain and sex toy collection, are headed Cersei's way. He kills her, then brings her back to life, and they make mad, icy love resulting in a baby. Yes, this all happens in Episode 3. She is now the Ice Queen to his Ice King. In their culture, the children adopt the title of their parents as their last name. They name their baby, yes, do you see where this is going... Vanilla Ice.

I know. I know. But it's true. This is why the new series has not been promoted yet. They're keeping that hook under rap (giggle, I said rap, as in rap music - foreshadowing).

Sadly, the music lobby got involved and 'forced' the producers to create another 'equal opportunity' character. Yes, affirmative action work at its finest. The Ice King and Ice Queen have a 3-some with Missandei, after they kill her and then resurrect her, and she has a zombie baby too. Do you see where this is going? Good. If not, here it is... they have a zombie baby... Ice T.

Everyone else dies. The Ice couple and their children move to Hollywood and the kids get into the music business. Vanilla Ice was, of course, most successful with his horrible hit, Ice Ice Baby, an homage to his parents. He's now doing a home renovation show. Ice T is still doing what he's been doing.

Sorry. I didn't want to spill the beans, but this is how the show will play out, more or less.

Should I post Vanilla Ice's video to prove my point? Some here may not have ever heard the song.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I wonder if Jon Snow will marry Daenerys? In the real Middle Ages, nobility pretty much only married relatives. Uncle-niece was especially common, so aunt-nephew... no big deal. But in the real Middle Ages the upper nobility was riddled with deformities and insanity... because of marrying relatives.

PS. Does the Night King ever get any decent pussy? I'd be mean as hell and pissed off too, if all I could get was some dried up ole zombie cunt.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Quote by sprite

we are going with being beaten and retreating to the iron isles. but what do we know? we know nothing, jon snow. smile

This seems very likely since they set that up by having Yara say she was going to take the Iron Isles back. Not to be confused with the Iron Aisles, which is a giant blacksmithing store where Gendry buys all his supplies.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I wonder if Jon Snow will marry Daenerys? In the real Middle Ages, nobility pretty much only married relatives. Uncle-niece was especially common, so aunt-nephew... no big deal. But in the real Middle Ages the upper nobility was riddled with deformities and insanity... because of marrying relatives.

PS. Does the Night King ever get any decent pussy? I'd be mean as hell and pissed off too, if all I could get was some dried up ole zombie cunt.

The Night King lost his penis to frostbite centuries ago. He's looking for the biggest living stud to warg into so he can get laid. That's the whole premise for GOT. It's not the quest for the Iron Throne but for the Night King's Bone.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Ping

Sadly, you've seen part of Episode 3's script online. Don't trust it. Red herring.

I actually stopped looking at online stuff. I felt that doing so last season kind of hurt the experience overall. I thought it was sad that they had to film hours of worthless footage just to throw off uberfans. For season 8 I've gone in as a virgin.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz

I don't think marrying your aunt is the biggest issue here. After all, the Targaryens have always married brother and sister. (Something that was taken from ancient Egypt).

The issue here is that Jon is actually the rightful heir to the Iron throne.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

I don't think marrying your aunt is the biggest issue here. After all, the Targaryens have always married brother and sister. (Something that was taken from ancient Egypt).

The issue here is that Jon is actually the rightful heir to the Iron throne.

I understand that, but a marriage between the two would solve issues, as well as taking Cierse's head and putting it on a pole. maybe Arya can do that.

I guess no one remembers that only Targaryens can ride dragons or everyone would've been suspicious as to why Jon Snow was riding one over Winterfell.
Lurker
0 likes
2 1/2 more hours!!!
Lurker
0 likes
So VERY HAPPY!!!!

Loved episode 3!!!!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Yeah, that pretty much rocked. I was wondering how they could possibly deliver on the moment they've been building up to for 8 years, but they did. My only complaint is that the battle could've been split into two episodes, but that is mostly me not wanting the show to end.

They could have fucked this up SO MANY ways, but they delivered.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Loved episode three. It was so exciting and amazing. They did it well.

Hugs,
Mysteria
Xo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Unpopular opinion:
Disappointed.

It was too dark and it was repetitive and it went on too long. I got bored.

And I couldn't get past the appalling tactics they used.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Arya Stark reminds me of The Legendary Spriticus.

It was a fun episode.

But their army was decimated while Cierse's army is at full strength. Maybe they should just let Arya sneak into King's Landing and take Cierse out.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by dlcalguy
Unpopular opinion:
Disappointed.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dlcalguy
Unpopular opinion:
Disappointed.

I guess you missed the point of what and why they did what they did. Best you stick to the Roses thread.

A person needed a large TV in a very dark room. Fortunately, I had that. It felt like a movie theater experience.

Once the last three episodes have aired, we can talk more at length. I've read a number of articles today, observing some of the ooh's and ahh's, and the few complaints. There are definitely reasons things were done they way they were. I saw that and agreed with how it was accomplished. Sure, there were many different ways this could have gone, but the last three episodes are now set up to finish a fantastic series in a most satisfying manner... I hope.