Best Beatles song ever?

last reply
56 replies
5.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
This will show My age, but I remember seeing the Beetles on the Ed Sullivan Show. Pop music changed that night. I think they did "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." When they returned to Ed Sullivan later on, I sat down excitedly to see and hear their next song. It was in their psychedelic period, and they were in a "video" sent from England, performing "Strawberry Fields Forever." Very psychedelic, with nighttime shots and piano wire in trees. Since I was still a little kid, I looked at My older sister and did a "wtf?"
I'd say My favorite song of theirs is "A Day In The Life". I love the 100 pianos they used, all at once, for the final chord.
Lurker
0 likes
George Harrison wrote it and they played it...and I loved it...

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
Lurker
0 likes
Btw, friends, did you know there's an online utility that will convert Youtube videos into MP3s? I've used it and it works well.

http://vixy.net/
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Tricky question. Norwegian Wood, Ticket to ride stick in my mind, but Eleanor Rigby probably takes it for me. "Imagine" was John Lennon only I think
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
Btw, friends, did you know there's an online utility that will convert Youtube videos into MP3s? I've used it and it works well.

http://vixy.net/

You have read my mind roccotool, I was wondering how I could rip the music out of their videos for a while, but never looked into it fully.

"Ticket to ride".
Lurker
0 likes
Plow, you can also use it to convert it to an .avi file and keep it as your very own. I like to do that with concert/music vids, line 'em up in a playlist with My favorite player, and enjoy a whole personal "concert".
Lurker
0 likes
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, anybody want a hit!!!!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me, it's "Let it Be" but the naked version, not the original. I know it's overplayed, but listening to that song is almost a religious experience for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jebru
For me, it's "Let it Be" but the naked version, not the original. I know it's overplayed, but listening to that song is almost a religious experience for me.

What is the name of the CD with the naked versions? Thanks!
0 likes
'In My Life' is my favourite.

Closely followed by 'Don't Let Me Down'.
Lurker
0 likes
can't....choose....just....one! (brain shuts down)

since I must: ELEANOR RIGBY
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WillinBK
can't....choose....just....one! (brain shuts down)

since I must: ELEANOR RIGBY

Not sure I can just nail it to one song but this is one of my top favs.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Kyle
Quote by Jebru

What is the name of the CD with the naked versions? Thanks!

Let it Be...Naked ...de-Spectored and re-McCartneyed for your listening pleasure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be%E2%80%A6_Naked
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Too many to name.
Of their early stuff, I like "I saw her standing there"
Of their later stuff, I like "The Long and winding road"
Success is doing what you love, and doing it so well that someone will pay you for it.
http://www.lushstories.com/fantasyfiction
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
God, there are so many and for so many different reasons. I remember watching them on Ed Sullivan, too. I'll have to say two - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "In My Life".
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
I'm not sure I could pick a favorite album, much less song. The wife-unit, who attended the Beatles concert in Shea Stadium (upper level WAY behind third base--you can't miss her) back in '65, has always liked, Till There Was You. My fav from that concert was "Twist and Shout.

Rumple Foreskin
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yellow Submarine...
Algol
Lurker
0 likes
eight days a week...I love dancing to it...
Lurker
0 likes
Yes ,, i forgot that 1 ,, I like all Beatles songs ,, May be (IMAGINE) would be my pick,
Lurker
0 likes
Can't name 1 great song, just too many of them. But this here has to be my greatest pic of the greatest band in music.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Charlie_Brown
Can't name 1 great song, just too many of them.

What a cop-out, Chuck! You think the rest of us only like one Beatles song? It was all I could do to not toss 20 out at once. Since you threw out the Abbey Road cover photo, give us one from that album.
Lurker
0 likes
They were all great, Revolution and Help first come to mind and usually play the BLue Album
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Back in the USSR
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.