Clitorides Awards

last reply
20 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
Checked with Nicola to make sure it was okay to post a link, so here it is smile

https://clitoridesawards.org

The Clitorides Awards are currently accepting nominations for 2018. The Clitorides are a long-running contest to highlight erotic fiction. It's typically been dominated by one site, because it's been heavily promoted there, but it's open to stories from any source where the story can be read for free.

Stories/poems nominated must have been posted in 2018, be complete, and be sexual in nature. Author nominations must be for authors posting erotic fiction. There are many categories, but two in particular are a strong point of Lush, and often don't even have any nominations...

Flash Erotic Story of the year
Best Erotic Poetry

Some other categories that have few nominations are Best Erotic Horror, Best Seasonal Story, Best Exhibition/Voyeur story, and Short Erotic Story of the year.

To find a description of the categories, click the "Nominate" link. Next to the category selection box is a link describing each of the categories. Most are self-explanatory, but the word limits for flash, short, medium, etc. are something you may need to reference. Everything else you might need to know is on the FAQ page, including the description of the author categories.

While there are no prizes in the contest, nominees can expect to get a few extra clicks from readers who may never have been exposed to your work before. The finalists can expect a few more clicks, and there will be a permanent link to the story in the archives, possibly generating clicks for years to come. Naturally, anyone who places can expect some clicks when the winner's announcement comes out, plus bragging rights :)

So, if you know of a Lush story or author that deserves recognition, go sign up and make a nomination! Check the Nominees page first. If they've already been nominated, all you need to do is click the + next to the story or author to add your nomination once you sign in. The top 10 nominees become finalists, so every nomination counts.

It will take a little while for new nominations to show up, because the moderator has to check the posting date, whether it's complete, sexual in nature, etc. Once a nomination has been moderated, additional nominations are instantly processed.
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
Seems to be taking quite a while for some nominations to get processed right now. I have a couple of Lush-based ones still pending, but I'm sure they'll all get processed eventually.

NaughtyAnnie's "Knickers Off!" is on the board for Best Exhibition/Voyeur story, and Liz's "Dark Rain" is there for Erotic Poetry, so if you enjoyed those, go sign up on the Clitorides site and add your nomination to push those two works closer to the finals.

ETA: Lauradj's "Windows" is on the board for Exhibition/Voyeur story now as well.

If you know of any Lush authors or stories that deserve recognition, don't hesitate to be the first to nominate them, either. Some categories may look overwhelmed by large fanbases, but that doesn't mean an excellent story can't win the voters over and pull out an underdog win.

Remember, if your nominee is only on Lush, then that nomination is giving them an inroad to a big chunk of new readers who have never been exposed to their work before.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
I nominated a few (not my own ) in the Flash and Short Story categories. Most were approved today so please go and give our wonderful authors a vote.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find ninety-nine stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 25 Editor's Picks, 67 Recommended Reads.
* 14 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 18 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Testing The Waters.
0 likes
So far, Lush is a lock for Flash Story of the Year and Erotic Poetry. The only nominees in those categories are all Lush authors smile

Everyone feel free to add you own. Remember, anyone you nominate is being exposed to a large pool of previously untapped potential readers.

Mysteria is there for poetry with "Sexual Escapade". GreenMan is there for "So Many Secrets".

Jen is there for flash with "Scorch". Browncoffee is there for "Twilight".

Fuzzy Blue is there for short story with "Beating the Skin". GreenMan is there for "Murder on the River Thames"

GreenMan is there for Sci-Fi with "A Steampunk Trip Into a New London Town"

Saucymh is there for Medium erotic story of the year with "All That Glitters"

Mysteria is there for Incest with "Anne Approaches Her Father After a Bad Evening"

GreenMan is there for Exhibition/Voyeur with "The Kitten, The Pup, and the Aegean Sea"

GreenMan is there for Erotic Horror with "The Tree of Life"

I've got nominations for Short Story and Seasonal story in this pen name and as Les Lumens, though most of the nominations originated from SOL, and link to that site's posting.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
This seems rather exciting for some Lush writers. Glad to see it happening.
0 likes
Omg someone nominated me although Jen ought to kick my butt lol. However since we are wife and wife we should probably have a party to celebrate biggrin
0 likes
Just went through them (thanks to Laura calling attention to her nominations). Some fine Lush authors and works on there.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
Omg someone nominated me although Jen ought to kick my butt lol. However since we are wife and wife we should probably have a party to celebrate biggrin

Everyone please vote for the wifey, lol. I did. She's ace ♥️

This is a cool site. I'd not heard of it before. Thanks RR for posting about it. You rock
Force of Nature
0 likes
Quote by RejectReality
So far, Lush is a lock for Flash Story of the Year and Erotic Poetry. The only nominees in those categories are all Lush authors smile

Everyone feel free to add you own. Remember, anyone you nominate is being exposed to a large pool of previously untapped potential readers.

~`~`~`~

I've got nominations for Short Story and Seasonal story in this pen name and as Les Lumens, though most of the nominations originated from SOL, and link to that site's posting.

I am only supporting your lush work. I will go through and nominate the stories from your list which I've not already seen.

I am sure it's at least cheeky and possibly downright rude, but I am asking to be nominated. I qualify for Best New Author, Flash Erotic Story of the Year, and Short Erotic Story of the Year. If I'm out of line I humbly beg everyone's pardon and I'll report to the firing squad in the morning.

Edit: Every Best New Author nominee is from SOL. I would need at least five votes to represent Lush in the top ten.

Looks like we're in for a nasty spell of wether.

Gracie Goes To Hollywood's - True

The Night They Tried to Close RUMPLATIONS Bar (with JamesLlewellyn)

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Thank you to whoever has nominated two of my "Flash Fiction" pieces as well. The very short "Pizza The Action" and "Trouble With Erections" now join the pieces by browncoffee and Jen. Lush now has four nominees in this category!

If you want to vote for any of them, this should take you straight there.

https://clitoridesawards.org/view_nominees.php?cat=1

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
One thing's for sure - Lush is heading for a clean sweep in the Flash Fiction and Poetry categories!

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Testing The Waters.
0 likes
Lush is the only place where Poetry and Flash can get reasonably comparable numbers to longer stories. That's one of the reasons I called out those two categories specifically. smile

Quote by naughtyannie
One thing's for sure - Lush is heading for a clean sweep in the Flash Fiction and Poetry categories!
Primus Omnium
0 likes
The voting for the Clitorides Awards is still open. It will close on April 30th.
0 likes
Quote by RejectReality
Winner's announcement is up smile

https://clitoridesawards.org/archives/2018

Yep, and there's plenty for Lushies to celebrate on there, too. I know we've been toasting TonyaL's win in poetry over in Rump's but there's plenty of Lush content in there.

Congrats to all the Lush writers who are on that list. Way to make the board proud.
0 likes
Congratulations to everyone who placed. smile
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Wow! I got the top two places in the Flash Erotic Story of the Year!

I think that's the only time I'm ever going to beat both Sprite and Browncoffee in a story comp ;)