New mobile site

last reply
84 replies
10.3k views
1 watcher
0 likes
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
As there's no way to respond to the announcement of the new mobile site I thought I'd start a new thread for that.

First of all congratulations on this launch everyone, but especially Nicola and Gav of course!

It's a major step towards a mobile friendly Lush!

As with all new projects there will be start-up issues of course. One I ran into just now is that I can't login.* I keep getting an 'Invalid login' message.
* I expect Sprite to declare that a feature.

Anyway, I hope the new site will be a great success and that the mobile and desktop sites will eventually merge into 1 responsive site that works on all platforms!

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for starting a new thread Noll. I thought it best to keep it a separate announcement as those type of posts often get hijacked with technical problems and all the rest of it.

There's something up with the login process at the moment. Mods aren't able to get in either. It's being investigated. Apologies!

There are a lot of really cool features on the mobile site we'd like to merge with our feature set here, which I think a lot of people will enjoy.

Hopefully we can give it a really good test this week, and sort all these teething problems out.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Thanks for starting a new thread Noll. I thought it best to keep it a separate announcement as those type of posts often get hijacked with technical problems and all the rest of it.

There's something up with the login process at the moment. Mods aren't able to get in either. It's being investigated. Apologies!

There are a lot of really cool features on the mobile site we'd like to merge with our feature set here, which I think a lot of people will enjoy.

Hopefully we can give it a really good test this week, and sort all these teething problems out.

I'm in and i'm not let anyone else in! it's mine! all mine i tell you!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Is it just for mod testing at the moment or can we all try it?

Edit: Congrats. Lush expands, Good to see it after visiting for 5 years.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Infernal_Majesty
Is it just for mod testing at the moment or can we all try it?

Edit: Congrats. Lush expands, Good to see it after visiting for 5 years.

you can all try it, tho we're still ironing out the kinks. kinks. get it? kinks... *crickets* wow. tough crowd.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I played the slide whistle for you if that made you feel any better, Sprite.

Will give it a go when out and about tomorrow to see if I can help the guys win one of the games on the forums.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you can all try it, tho we're still ironing out the kinks. kinks. get it? kinks... *crickets* wow. tough crowd.

You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
0 likes
Quote by sprite
I'm in and i'm not let anyone else in! it's mine! all mine i tell you!

I expected you'd call it a feature, but close enough.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We all have to recognise that odd things happen when new releases come out - I'm sure you will sort them all.

I can sign in ok but my main observation is that not all my friends have come over. Will this be resolved?

Look forward to the full facility being complete.
Matriarch
0 likes
The login process is being fixed as I type.

It should all be sorted out today.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
One thing I’ve noticed is that there seems to be no link to older stories. I’ve been watching one of mine and the views have dropped to a trickle. I think this may be because the search engines default to the mobile page and prevent any but computer users or actual members from getting into Lush’s main page. I feel this may help new stories get views but I fear it may be much harder for them to become famous.

Edit.
If I’m right, this will severely limit the number of stiories casual surfers will see.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Milik_the_Red
One thing I’ve noticed is that there seems to be no link to older stories. I’ve been watching one of mine and the views have dropped to a trickle. I think this may be because the search engines default to the mobile page and prevent any but computer users or actual members from getting into Lush’s main page. I feel this may help new stories get views but I fear it may be much harder for them to become famous.

Edit.
If I’m right, this will severely limit the number of stiories casual surfers will see.

Hi Milik,

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

You have 88 stories showing there: https://m.lushstories.com/profiles/view/Milik_the_Red/stories

Can you elaborate please.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by Milik_the_Red

Edit.

Hey Milik,

Just to add to Nicola's point, you can search on the mobile site for stories by number of likes, or comments etc. Using Jailbait (great story by the way!) it's there as one of the most commented on...

Testing The Waters.
0 likes
My views have fallen off a cliff since the new mobile site launched as well. The ones I'd been watching, which had been steadily advancing, are down to 10% or less of what they were the day before the soft launch.

I didn't have a single hit on any of the three at the top of my watch list the day of the launch.

Yesterday when I looked, the view counts on the mobile side and the desktop side didn't match, either. The mobile side was lower in all cases I checked. Today, the few random checks I did match up between desktop and mobile.

I'm not sure if it's an oversight, but on the mobile "My stories" link, at the bottom of each page of stories there's a previous and next button, with a box in the middle showing the current page. That box is editable, but changing it does not jump to a page. It simply reloads page 1.

It's either broken functionality, or that page # listing should be made not editable by the user, so it doesn't appear to be a means to jump to a later page. I really hope it's a glitch that needs a tweak, because having to scroll one page at a time through a list as long as mine is enough for me to stick to viewing the full site on my mobile device.

Come to think of it, the same applies to the "My Comments" link on mobile, so I suspect any listing that could have multiple pages shows the editable but non-functional page # listing.

In my case, "My Comments" is also seriously glitched out. The most recent comment showing is from two weeks ago. With "All" selected, it shows one like from yesterday, and everything else for several pages afterward shows a like on the same story, from a user "Unknown" 4 days ago.

As it stands, the mobile site appears to be solid from a reader's standpoint, but I doubt I'll be using it at all as an author. The inability to jump through paginated listings is a deal breaker for me.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Jen

Hey Milik,

Just to add to Nicola's point, you can search on the mobile site for stories by number of likes, or comments etc. Using Jailbait (great story by the way!) it's there as one of the most commented on...

Thank you, Jen. My concern is that Lush’s very impressive homepage won’t be accessible to casual surfers anymore. I don’t know if this mobile version will have full accessibility but at the moment it didn’t seem to be intuitive enough to easily find profiles and older stories buried deep. It’s kind of ‘Lush lite’ and I’m not sure that’s good for surfers or the writers here. Perhaps a button to allow a transition to the full site could be added, but I’m not sure even that will overcome the auto redirection built into it.

Having said that, I admit I hate mobile versions of any site, so take my criticisms with however large a grain of salt you feel it deserves.

Signed, the conputer age dinosaur ?
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Hi Milik,

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

You have 88 stories showing there: https://m.lushstories.com/profiles/view/Milik_the_Red/stories

Can you elaborate please.

Nicola, I’ve been playing with it today and can see how to navigate to an extent now. I can’t say I find to be the equal of our main homepage but that is just a preference I suppose. My fear is that surfers won’t bother digging past a page or two before moving on. As with our current all time lists, if one isn’t on the first or second page, the story often dies on the vine. Hopefully this fear will prove unfounded.

My initial concerns were basically related to the auto direct function. I’ll wait to see how the views react as time goes on.
The Creep
0 likes
If possible ... The "seeking" can it have a choice of yes or no? Also, the setting of what we prefer with our private setting here in the main site can be merge with the mobile? Thank you
0 likes
Quote by nicola
The login process is being fixed as I type.

It should all be sorted out today.

Thanks. I just logged in, but am now stuck in a Complete Your Profile page that requires me to fill in personal data that I don't wish to submit. All links keep redirecting me to this page. This may lead to people submitting nonsense making all of the data, even that of those who filled out the data truthfully, less useful, as the collection as a whole will be polluted. Hopefully this can be fixed. Until then I'll log out.

Edit: there's one link that does get me beyond this Complete Your Profile page and that's the Report Bug link ;)

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I’m a mobile user and it use to give me a choice of mobile or full site. Now it just tosses me straight to mobile and I can’t get out of it short of using a link I saved in my messages. Well that or typing in the address to the full site. Am I missing something.
Tinker Bell
0 likes
Quote by Dream_Weaver
I’m a mobile user and it use to give me a choice of mobile or full site. Now it just tosses me straight to mobile and I can’t get out of it short of using a link I saved in my messages. Well that or typing in the address to the full site. Am I missing something.

I’m having that same issue. It locks you in to the new site and doesn’t allow full access option.

DreamWeaver can you share your link with me? ?
Please read my naughty new Micro.

~Famished~

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/famished-1

Super Admin
0 likes
Quote by pixie72

I’m having that same issue. It locks you in to the new site and doesn’t allow full access option.

Hi,

You should be able to find the Desktop link in the Footer of most pages, except the Activity Feed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by pixie72

Lushstories.com/?vw=fullsite.

That takes you right to the desk top site.
Tinker Bell
0 likes
Quote by Dream_Weaver

Lushstories.com/?vw=fullsite.

That takes you right to the desk top site.

Thanks my friend! ?

~Famished~

Tinker Bell
0 likes
Quote by griffers

Hi,

You should be able to find the Desktop link in the Footer of most pages, except the Activity Feed.

Thank you Griffers I will try that! ?

~Famished~

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had a quick play around with it just before. While its seems like a cool layout I seem to have come across a couple of minor issues. One when I accept a friend request it doesnt seem to translate across to the desktop site. Also when responding to a message and get a response back it won't appear. I guess it's like everything and it will take time to iron out of the bugs. All in all from first impressions I'd give it a 7 out of 10. I think for the time being I'll stick to the desktop site. The new mobile site is 110% better than the old one though.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I think the options on why you are there should change. I think mobile is more set up as you’re looking for people to hook up with. For me, I’m just on lush to write.

I think if you’re a member already on the main site it should carry over to there. Why do we have to pay again. I also don’t like the adds. For me, I’ll stay on the main site.

Good luck with your new endeavor.

Hugs,
Xo
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27
I think the options on why you are there should change. I think mobile is more set up as you’re looking for people to hook up with. For me, I’m just on lush to write.

I think if you’re a member already on the main site it should carry over to there. Why do we have to pay again. I also don’t like the adds. For me, I’ll stay on the main site.

Good luck with your new endeavor.

Hugs,
Xo

You shouldn't see any ads if you are logged in as a paying member.

Let me know if that's not working for you. It does for me.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by nicola

You shouldn't see any ads if you are logged in as a paying member.

Let me know if that's not working for you. It does for me.

I’m only a paid member on full site. Not on mobile. When I’m logged on mobile, there are ads.

Hugs,
Xo
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Mysteria27

I’m only a paid member on full site. Not on mobile. When I’m logged on mobile, there are ads.

Hugs,
Xo

All members here who've paid, are meant to be "grandfathered in" and you shouldn't see any ads.

I'll get that fixed up.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Quote by nicola

All members here who've paid, are meant to be "grandfathered in" and you shouldn't see any ads.

I'll get that fixed up.

Thanks Nicola...

Hugs,
Xo