Login

Concern for California as epic fires spread disaster

last reply
1 reply
0 watchers
0 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
I really don't know what we can do for California right now as epic wildfires are spreading mass destruction. The city of Paradise, California has been destroyed. Malibu was evacuated, and many thousands of homes destroyed. 29 people have been killed by the fires so far. I have no idea how many businesses destroyed along with all the jobs that go with them. It is destruction on a massive scale.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/us/california-fires-camp-fire.amp.html

I hope you all keep southern California in your mind for donations. The people are going to need a lot of help.

The latest news is that 42 people have been killed in the fires.
0 likes
Northern California is being devasted by the unfortunately-named Camp Fire. The death toll is in the 70s'. Over a thousand people are missing, albeit with the possibility of several people being reported missing more than once. Paradise, California will never be what it used to be. It'd be lucky if 10% of the original population should decide to move back and rebuild their lives. The air quality is fluctuating between "very unhealthy" and "hazardous".

The thing you should donate is money. Google "camp fire where to donate". If you donate items, it burdens the community because then there has to be people to sort through it; with money, they can just buy what they need. Donations of blood don't travel very well, so if you live too far away, that won't help, either.