Goodbye Chrome - Welcome Back Firefox

last reply
17 replies
4.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I switched to Chrome as Firefox was lagging and hanging etc.

Chrome after 1 year recently mainly after windows update started to do this too.

Well I have ditched Chrome and gone back to the latest Firefox which seems to be flying - no issues at all.

anyone else find Chrome gone slow?
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by rafael
I switched to Chrome as Firefox was lagging and hanging etc.

Chrome after 1 year recently mainly after windows update started to do this too.

Well I have ditched Chrome and gone back to the latest Firefox which seems to be flying - no issues at all.

anyone else find Chrome gone slow?

Oh good, it's not just me. I'd rather use FF anyway but do use Chrome for my blog and noticed terrible slowdowns over the summer. Hasn't been too bad of late.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
I found the opposite. I was an avid FF convert, but found that it was behaving oddly when trying to upload/post images. It would not navigate to the folder where the picture was that I wanted to upload. I switched to Chrome and it is working fine. They have also just updated Chrome and it seems even better. FF is still problematic for me. I use a MAC.
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Troublemaker
0 likes
This Topic sounds like a girl who dumped her bald boyfriend for a hot chick. smile
Mana wahine
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
This Topic sounds like a girl who dumped her bald boyfriend for a hot chick. smile

Dude, are we still on this??? GET OVER IT! So what if I left you koz you're balding. Big deal.
0 likes
I am once again considering FF. Google is getting a little too pushy about things like using the sync feature and a bit scary at times as well. OTOH, Chrome is still a bit slicker at some things than FF unless things have changed since my last try at using Firefox.
0 likes
Quote by Lauradj

So what if I left you koz you're balding.

* runs hand over exposed scalp and sighs *

Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by Lauradj

Dude, are we still on this??? GET OVER IT! So what if I left you koz you're balding. Big deal.

You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
The most annoying thing about Chrome these days is that when I log into a Google service Chrome is immediately logged into that Google account as well. I don't want my browser to become part of the websites I'm visiting. I want them to be separate things and remain separate. Like when I've read my mail on Gmail and later go to Lush I don't want my browser to still be an extension of my Gmail account.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Quote by noll
The most annoying thing about Chrome these days is that when I log into a Google service Chrome is immediately logged into that Google account as well. I don't want my browser to become part of the websites I'm visiting. I want them to be separate things and remain separate. Like when I've read my mail on Gmail and later go to Lush I don't want my browser to still be an extension of my Gmail account.

That was the final straw for me. Writing this in Firebox.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I went back to Chrome briefly but did not last long - there is a "waiting for cache" issue - look at bottom of screen left hand - whenever you visit a new page - and this causes delays.

I have now permanently switched to Firefox - no waiting for cache problems.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Well - I found out the hard way why Chrome has really been slow.

failing hard drive! Lots of bad sectors hence slow hard drive etc.

It failed completely 2 days ago and I am now working on another PC.

Luckily not too much data on the drive - mainly family pics though I have various sd cards where I can retrieve.

Have now ordered a new hard drive.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
New HD arrived - bought a formatted used seagate on ebay for £11 inc shipping. Have it all up and running now and its great - fast etc. Need to keep it that way.
Lurker
0 likes
just use chromium
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I don't trust Google with my privacy. The new webkit version of Edge is really quite good.
0 likes
Hrs ago is when I noticed Chrome go iffy on me. It's been l a g g i n g

I've used FireFox but don't like how it looks on either of my Samsung Galaxy Tablets.

Can you babes suggest something else worth downloading?

--

Edit:Goggle is only iffy at times on my Samsung devices as I use Safari on all my APPLE devices.

I downloaded Opera and goodness gracious, it's fast.
0 likes
I am currently using the new version of Microsoft Edge that is based on the Chromium engine (i.e. the same engine as Chrome and the open source Chromium browser). Works very well so far, though likely carries some of the same privacy concerns (depends on whether you trust MS more than Google, I guess), esp. if you use your MS account to sync across devices. Can use Chrome extensions, too, IIRC. I have UBlock installed and it is working fine. Edge Chromium is currently available for Windows 10 (and I think they are supporting on 8.1, unlike the original Edge) and Android for sure. Not sure about other OSes since those are the two I use. If you use Windows 10, it will be replacing the original Edge in an update this summer, IIRC.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For the last couple of years, I've noticed that the ideal scheme is with constant browser changes. Now one slows down, then the other. So you have to go constantly. What is the reason, I do not understand.