Problem

last reply
8 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm on the verge of losing the love of my life to cancer and I poured my heart out to someone we both know and they seem more interested in thier own problems with a fellow lush member rather than what I'm going through and I'm very tempted to do something I'll regret that I'm sure this other lush member wouldn't give 2 shits about given the circumstances and I'm not sure what to do
0 likes
Drop the lush friend and worry about the love of your life.
0 likes
I'm with Impurethoughts. I doubt that I would confide in an online friend in a circumstance like that. That's more of a heart to heart with a good RL friend kind of situation in my book. Do you have someone like that IRL? If not a friend, then a trusted counsellor like a minister/pastor/priest?
0 likes
This "love of your life", he/she is the love of your life IRL, yes? It's difficult to tell based on your post. If this person isn't your love IRL, please remember that Lush is full of imaginary drama--some of it made up for attention, some of it made up for more sinister reasons.

If this person is the "love of your life" IRL, then I agree with the others, you need to be talking to a trusted RL friend. Or a pastor, or therapist--there are lots of support groups out there for family members/loved ones of those suffering from cancer and other diseases.

This is a good place to start: https://www.cancer.org/treatment/support-programs-and-services.html
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Drop the lush friend and worry about the love of your life.

this. a real friend would be giving love and energy and support to you right now, not demanding it for themself. sorry to hear about your love. it's a terrible disease. i wish you both peace and love.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chris_brown
I'm on the verge of losing the love of my life to cancer and I poured my heart out to someone we both know and they seem more interested in thier own problems with a fellow lush member rather than what I'm going through and I'm very tempted to do something I'll regret that I'm sure this other lush member wouldn't give 2 shits about given the circumstances and I'm not sure what to do

Unfortunately, many times on Lush, you gat what you lush for. Use common sense.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Jennifer's answer is best (HeraTeleia). A true friend would offer you unconditional comfort, not fixate on their own life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with Beffer. A faithful friend, whether online or in real life, wouldn’t think of themselves at a time like this. Since that person is only thinking of themselves, that should tell you that they are not a friend, and for that reason, you don’t owe them anything.

I’m sorry to hear about the pain you are going through. Don’t be afraid to do as HeraTeleia suggested and reach out for help. Please be assured that there is no shame in doing that. That’s what those groups are there for and they can be a big help.

By the way, Beffer, I like your new avatar. So pretty.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Referring to one's own experiences may be just that: a reference to show you understand how the other feels.

But if you pour your heart out and the other is really only interested in their own issues then they're probably not a good friend. Or they have such such issues at the moment that they're in need of a true friend themselves. Either way you (both?) need someone else at the moment to be there for you.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===