last reply
11 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi,
I wrote a Lush story (and just submitted another) and wanted to discuss adding drawings. I am a newbie in this regard (and in the writing area too) and wanted to know if someone could convert words to art/drawings,as well as photos to art/drawings.

thanks
ejd1711
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Hi and welcome to Lush!

Congrats on getting your first (and soon to be your second) stories published.

At the moment, the only images that can be assigned to stories are in the form of a single cover image at the top of the story page. These look great, but we are looking into possibly creating 'visual stories' of some description at some point. These would be intended for people who wished to include multiple illustrations, photographs, etc.

So, for the time being you can only display one per publication, but stay tuned. smile
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

At the moment, the only images that can be assigned to stories are in the form of a single cover image at the top of the story page. These look great, but we are looking into possibly creating 'visual stories' of some description at some point. These would be intended for people who wished to include multiple illustrations, photographs, etc.

So, for the time being you can only display one per publication, but stay tuned. smile

That's too cool. There is so much you could do with that. Nice idea!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz
Hi and welcome to Lush!

Congrats on getting your first (and soon to be your second) stories published.

This is Awesome!

Before I published anything on Lush, this is how I wrote stories for those that I shared them with. Sometimes the pictures enhanced the text, other times it replaced it. Depending on the reader (some prefer text only and others like lots of pictures), a nice balance of the two certainly enhances the experience.

Oh, I do hope this comes to fruition.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
That would be great... I imagine it turning out like chris chan's sonichu comics.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi - I'm new to Lush having been here less than a week and have to say it is the best erotic web site I have found so far. Liz's comment about the possibility of "visual stories" interests me a lot. I am very much into erotic photography as well as erotic writing and on many occasions have created a photo story of sexual encounters as well as simply writing about them. My guess is that a lot of other folk have a visual imagination where sexy images can very effectively enhance an erotic story. So I wonder whether any progress has been made since Liz's comment about the possibility of introducing illustrated stories?

By the way I can imagine on the one hand stories which are primarily words with a few appropriate photos (or drawings, paintings) to enhance them or alternatively om the other hand something which is largely a sequence of photos with captions.

If anyone else is interested in this kind of erotic genre I would be very pleased to get into a discussion on the topic.
0 likes
Quote by CockyPete

By the way I can imagine on the one hand stories which are primarily words with a few appropriate photos (or drawings, paintings) to enhance them or alternatively om the other hand something which is largely a sequence of photos with captions.

Or, if you could get an artist of some skill to work with you, an erotic graphic novel/comic/comic strip.

At present, I don't even do cover art on my stories. I suck as an artist (I can sketch decently and that's about it) and don't really have a library of royalty-free art at my disposal (I'd want paintings or even computer art, not just photos). However, the idea of being able to illustrate beyond just the cover sounds great.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I was a bit disappointed by the lack of response/interest into this topic of illustrated erotic stories. Liz hinted earlier - back in June - that the "powers that be" in Lush were considering a development to allow illustrated stories to be submitted.

I realise that not everyone can produce good quality art - in fact very few people can - but I feel sure quite a few writers also possess appropriate photos - I certainly do. As a photographer I like to think that the old adage "a picture is worth a thousand words" can be true.
0 likes
Quote by CockyPete
I was a bit disappointed by the lack of response/interest into this topic of illustrated erotic stories. Liz hinted earlier - back in June - that the "powers that be" in Lush were considering a development to allow illustrated stories to be submitted.

I realise that not everyone can produce good quality art - in fact very few people can - but I feel sure quite a few writers also possess appropriate photos - I certainly do. As a photographer I like to think that the old adage "a picture is worth a thousand words" can be true.

Patience, young grasshopper, patience.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia

Patience, young grasshopper, patience.
I've met lots of grasshoppers, but I've never met one yet that had lots of patience. Sorry, but I couldn't resist making this remark.
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thanks for calling me a young grasshopper - I'm at an age more like an old frog, to name an alternative hoppy creature. Also I have been quite patient - I waited nearly two months before writing the follow-up!
Candyman
0 likes
Quote by CockyPete
Thanks for calling me a young grasshopper - I'm at an age more like an old frog, to name an alternative hoppy creature. Also I have been quite patient - I waited nearly two months before writing the follow-up!

We're working on it. Keep in mind, the wheels of progress turn slowly. Never mind, that our resident hacker, ahem - software guru - has a life outside Lush. But, he also has a number of other priorities to address, as well. It will happen, eventually.
"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis