Lush TV Thread

last reply
666 replies
40.7k views
3 watchers
10 likes
Lurker
1 like
I know that other TV threads have been made but I thought I'd consolidate most of them into one thread.

We currently live in a Golden Age of TV where television is pretty much on part with movies.

So let's talk about it.

What shows are you watching? What upcoming shows are you looking forward to. Which one are you dissapointed in? What older shows do you think are underrated? What show do you think are overrated.

All thoughts... All queries....all discussions.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
The typical big names:

GoT
West World
True Detective

Legion (one of my favorites and the weirdest show I’ve ever seen)
Archer (never not entertaining)

All of the Marvel Netflix shows

Agents of Shied (its beginning was super rough but when Wars became a villain the show really took off. It’s a nice bit of escapism and Chloe Bennet is gorgeous which helps).

Mr. Robot (Rami Malik is the most under appreciated and talented actor on cable or otherwise television right now imo).
Lurker
0 likes
I just watched the first 9 episodes of Atlanta season 2.

What an original show. I enjoyed the first season, but this second season is very unique. Very intelligent understated comedy. Every episode is like a well made short film with a different theme every episode.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I've only seen about 3 episodes of Atlanta. I may binge that show soon.

I am watching Westworld Season 2, and The Terror. I recently enjoyed the series, Counterpart.

Will there be a third season of True Detective? I thoroughly enjoyed the first two. And I am impatiently waiting for Game of Thrones.

Generally, I find TV frustrating but am always hopeful of something new. I watch a lot of historical documentary type shows. Unfortunately, The History Channels has begun to veer from its premise. Will it go the way of MTV which went from a great music video showcase to a channel for mindless crybaby emo teenie 'drama' that makes you want to puke?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz

I am watching Westworld Season 2, and The Terror. I recently enjoyed the series, Counterpart.

Will there be a third season of True Detective? I thoroughly enjoyed the first two. And I am impatiently waiting for Game of Thrones.

Generally, I find TV frustrating but am always hopeful of something new. I watch a lot of historical documentary type shows. Unfortunately, The History Channels has begun to veer from its premise. Will it go the way of MTV which went from a great music video showcase to a channel for mindless crybaby emo teenie 'drama' that makes you want to puke?

The Terror is Great.

Best TV of the year so far. You really have to pay attention and watch the whole scene. It's great. I t actually ignited my interest in the Franklin expedition. It could have a been a great miniseries even with without the supernatural aspects.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Westworld Season 2
I could watch GoT all day every day and like Buz, eagerly awaiting the final season.

Marvels Agents of Shield
Gotham

Although I've not seen it True Detective is on my list, alongside Ray Donovan. I tried to watch The Walking Dead but it didn't really do much for me. I've not seen Breaking Bad either, which is meant to be very good.

However, nothing beats The Simpsons, imo.TnAX39nVsqAUsnTB

Oh and I'm watching a series at the moment called Kiss Me First, a British thriller series. It is superb!
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Will there be a third season of True Detective? I thoroughly enjoyed the first two. And I am impatiently waiting for Game of Thrones.?

Yes. Season 3 of True Detective will star Mahershala Ali.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

The Terror is Great.

Best TV of the year so far. You really have to pay attention and watch the whole scene. It's great. I t actually ignited my interest in the Franklin expedition. It could have a been a great miniseries even with without the supernatural aspects.

Yes, l Googled all the info l could on it. The search for The Northwest Passage during the sailing ship era produced a lot of disastrous results but you have to be inspired by the sense of exploration and adventure. I'm loving the series. It is extremely well done and casted.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

Yes. Season 3 of True Detective will star Mahershala Ali.

Great!
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Cobra Kai. Nuff said.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
Cobra Kai. Nuff said.

I have this one on deck. It has a 100% on rotten tomatoes.

0 likes
I might be the only one here who does BUT I LOVE Supernatural... I am addicted to the show and I hate that it’ll finally come to an end soon.??

I’m also beyond ready to see the new season of Game of Thrones??
Brown Sugar
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
I just watched the first 9 episodes of Atlanta season 2.

What an original show. I enjoyed the first season, but this second season is very unique. Very intelligent understated comedy. Every episode is like a well made short film with a different theme every episode.

Agreed. That "Teddy Perkins" episode was an entire sequel to the film "Get Out". I was screaming, "Get out" the entire time. Donald Glover is an amazing artist...period. This is off topic, but I'm loving his (Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino) message in his new video - This is America.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

I have this one on deck. It has a 100% on rotten tomatoes.

It was everything I could have hoped for and didn’t know I wanted in a KK sequel of the adult years. Damn good writing. Excellent acting. Pure 80s nostalgia soundtrack. Be prepared to binge binge it all in one go.
Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
Quote by AmeliaLeigh
I might be the only one here who does BUT I LOVE Supernatural... I am addicted to the show and I hate that it’ll finally come to an end soon.??

I’m also beyond ready to see the new season of Game of Thrones??

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE SUPERNATURAL!!
0 likes
Quote by Denim_Daisy10

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE SUPERNATURAL!!

It’s to the point now that I love all the characters bc the actors/actresses are so amazing... the preview for this Thursday has me so excited lol Lucifer looks like he’s trying to be a good guy now to impress his son ???????????????????????????????????????
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have just binged on the first 2 seasons of Van Helsing. Also love Gotham, Supernatural, The Blacklist, Hawaii Five-O, NCIS: Los Angeles. Am about to start on a new series on SYFY called Siren
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
This looks awesome. I love arctic adventure stories. How have I never heard of it? I will jump on this.

We just finished a slow one-or-two-a-night binge watch of Bates motel. It's a little uneven, but Vera Farmiga steals every scene she's in. Love her. And the last season is disturbing and trippy and well worth the wait.

Most of what I watch is HBO, like the rest of the world. Silicon Valley, Westworld, GoT (CAN'T WAIT!), John Oliver. Bill Maher, though he can be kind of a dick.

I watch a lot of baseball too. smile

Quote by DamonX

The Terror is Great.

Innocent Puck Bunnii
0 likes
Into the Bad Lands- I finally finished the season two. Loved it!

Precious Assassin ?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by hornyscot
I have just binged on the first 2 seasons of Van Helsing. Also love Gotham, Supernatural, The Blacklist, Hawaii Five-O, NCIS: Los Angeles. Am about to start on a new series on SYFY called Siren

I had high hopes for Siren. I stopped watching after four episodes. It plays like a PG rated network TV show. Horrible dialogue writing and bad acting.

Let me know what you think about it.

The scenery is great though. (filmed in Port Moody BC)
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

I had high hopes for Siren. I stopped watching after four episodes. It plays like a PG rated network TV show. Horrible dialogue writing and bad acting.

Let me know what you think about it.

The scenery is great though. (filmed in Port Moody BC)

You made it further than I did. I dropped it after the first 15 minutes. Horrendous acting.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

You made it further than I did. I dropped it after the first 15 minutes. Horrendous acting.

Yeah, I tend to give a bit more leeway to shows that are filmed in BC. This is a bad one. With my OCD it takes a lot to make me not finish a show.

Normally I don't blame the actors for bad acting, because usually its the writing that is to blame. This is terrible all around.

This is the kind of garbage that I would expect from ABC or CBS.
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
I think The Terror is great too. I knew as soon as I saw the trailer I would watch it. I love reading about and watching shows on exploration and throw in a little supernatural and I'm hooked. I have watched the episodes more than once. I missed a few things first go round. Not sure if that is just me but I do that with a lot of shows. Especially Westworld.

I have started watching Killing Eve on BBC and so far so good.

On Cinemax, I am watching a series called Rellik (killer spelled backward). It is a British police procedural murder mystery. It is a little different. It goes back in time several times during each episode. Literally rewinding whole portions you've just watched. Interesting storytelling gimmick. It's not great but I want to know what happens and that is sometimes all it takes to keep me watching.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We watch very little TV. Mostly the local morning FOX news and weather and sometimes the evening news and weather. So little, that we do not have cable or satellite tv. We leave it on for our cats. They like to watch it and they do not care what is on. They will watch test patterns and snow.

If I'm laid up sick in bed I will watch cooking shows, Me TV, Justice Network, NCIS. Occasionally we will watch a good movie. We prefere the more physical forms of intertainment.

Brandie
Southern Charmer
0 likes
I don't really have a TV show that I am into at the moment, but I am loving One Strange Rock on National Geographic

I am also watching Tabula Rasa on Netflix. A woman is in an accident and loses her short-term memory. Everything before the accident is there, but she forgets every day afterward. The police are trying to solve a disappearance of a man last seen with her, but she has no idea who he is. There are so many twists and turns, but it does have subtitles.

I wrote a Taboo story with WannabeWordsmith. I think it's great and would love for you to read it. Blank Canvas 1 I'm excited! Blank Canvas 2 is now out!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There has been some really great TV recently.
My favourites dramas have been, in no particular order:
Vikings
The Good Doctor
Genius (Einstein and Picasso)
Babylon Berlin
The Tunnel

My favourite reality shows:
Forged in Fire
The Curse of Oak Island

These are only just a few of some really good shows.
WooHoo!!!! 27,000 views! Could I dare to hope for a famous story...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-runner.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NOLAHotGal
We watch very little TV. Mostly the local morning FOX news

Obviously....
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

Obviously....

It was marginally less vapid than I expected. Which is to say still pretty damn.

Anyway. Another one I enjoyed a lot was Hulu’s FutureMan. Very entertaining. A shit ton of quality laughs.
Lurker
0 likes
One of the most underrated comedy shows is coming back on May 29th...

Recognize the stair car in the background from Captain America Civil War?

Russo Brothers Easter egg...
Lurker
0 likes
The Bridge returns to the BBC tonight with the first episode of series 4.