Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Are pictures going to be constantly disappearing?

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I highly doubt that I'm the only who've witnessed this: a major purge of pictures happened a while ago, it just happened again very recently.

Is this going to be a perpetual cycle? Because quite frankly, a great number of threads that were thriving with engaging/stimulating pictures just a short while ago now look like utter shit. Simply take as an example the thread Architecture, Interior Design and Style. This used to be an extremely popular thread in En Vogue where dozens of people regularly made contributions; people actually found interest in this thread enough so that it's still the 3rd currently listed in En Vogue after nearly 5 years of existence. The recent purge essentially just rendered more than 90% of pictures completely broken, and what was once a fascinating thread to browse is now left completely inhospitable and futile. And this is just a random example among dozens of others.

Am I complaining? Well yes, I obviously am. A great deal of people contributed numerous captivating pictures in an effort to make Lush an engaging place: a few assiduous people like Dancing_Doll, Liz, Dani and myself even went the extra mile and frequently provided inviting banners to promote their threads (even fully customized banners in my own case). I'll be entirely honest, it's downright depressing to see all these efforts provided by conscientious people suddenly being turned into ash for no apparent reason. Even a few reviews which Dancing_Doll and myself dedicated hours to produce now look like shitty and desolate rubbish (eg. UR3 Suction Cup Dildo, Fleshlight Reviews). Keep in mind that some of these threads gathered a few thousands views and are most certainly an entry point to the world of Lush for plenty of external visitors; I know as a fact that some of my own reviews appear in the first few results shown by Google when random terms are used in the search-bar. I'm not quite convinced that the current state of things will offer that great of a publicity to Lush or any sort of incentive to dive into the experience for all those newcomers.

So I'll genuinely ask again: are pictures going to be constantly disappearing? Because as a longtime dedicated contributor to this website, I just can't see myself liberally providing content that's not even cherished by the administrators enough to remain secured for more than a few months; and I highly doubt that others who spent hours finding/editing/posting pictures will have a much more positive perspective of these haphazard image-purges. To speak plainly, if these issues keep happening on a regular basis don't be surprised to see all the noteworthy contributors of Lush find another release for their precious time, while the only 'contributors' remaining will be a few fools counting from 1 to 1,000,000 in some random vacuous thread.
Site administrator
0 likes
I have alerted Gav to your thread.
Matriarch
0 likes
Apologies SP. Images should always remain on site when posted, for this very reason.

I know people put a lot of time and effort into their posts, and this shouldn't happen.

We have loads of space on our image servers, so it's not like we need to purge older images regularly.

We'll wait to hear back from Gav as to what's happened here. I know there was a bit of a mishap relating to images around the turn of the year. Hopefully, these weren't a victim of said occurrence.