last reply
13 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
i have a friend whose been in pain for 6-7 years,

his spine is compressed and the vertabrae discs are pressing up against each other and its going to be like that for the rest of his life. how many of u would be able to live with that?
Lurker
0 likes
Everyone would. You do what you have to do and deal with it.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'm in pain every day

That's because I am married!!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by braindead
I'm in pain every day

That's because I am married!!

Boooo!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't know his situation but there are procedures that can be done to help eliminate or greatly lessen the pain like artificial discs, partial discectomy (Had one of those on L5 and worked like a charm), nerve blocks etc.

I've delt with a back back, back surgery etc. what you must do is explore all the options you have then DO DRUGS!!!!!

Thank the good lord and the neurosurgen my back surgery worked and I'm pain and drug free.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can \totaly understand the every day pain. I have degenerative disc problem. The only thing that anybody can do is find what works for them to get through each day. Wish everyone with any kind of pain like this all the best, and really good pain killers!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've had back pain for long time as well, Chiropractors and MD’s offered little relief, one of my friends told me about his inversion table, after checking them out I bought one that was five years ago and have had very little trouble since not to mention no more Chiropractor fees. I know it is probably not for everyone but it’s the best thing I ever bought. Back pain is terrible and I wish your friend well.
Algol
Forum Whore
0 likes
I've had back spasms, they're not the same, but they were difficult to tolerate.

My heart goes out to your friend completely
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Make sure he's explored all of his options medically.

As Bunny said, there are all kinds of things that can be done to relieve the pain. I'm not exactly "old" (though some would think I am... LOL) but I've had these little butterfly-looking plates implanted in my neck to keep three of my cervical vertebra from collapsing in on the nerves. I was having tons of pain, and at times my left arm and hand would be paralyzed. My surgeon told me that if I didn't have the surgery to spread the bones back apart, I was risking being totally paralyzed if I ever got into a car crash. It helped the pain a lot, and I never get the paralysis anymore, but what pain I do still have is going to be there for the rest of my life. Occasionally, I have to take a narcotic painkiller for it, but usually I just bear it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MrNudiePants
Make sure he's explored all of his options medically.

As Bunny said, there are all kinds of things that can be done to relieve the pain. I'm not exactly "old" (though some would think I am... LOL) but I've had these little butterfly-looking plates implanted in my neck to keep three of my cervical vertebra from collapsing in on the nerves. I was having tons of pain, and at times my left arm and hand would be paralyzed. My surgeon told me that if I didn't have the surgery to spread the bones back apart, I was risking being totally paralyzed if I ever got into a car crash. It helped the pain a lot, and I never get the paralysis anymore, but what pain I do still have is going to be there for the rest of my life. Occasionally, I have to take a narcotic painkiller for it, but usually I just bear it.

I get the paralysis in mmy legs. I never lasts long, at least so far. The last doctor I had said that there was not much that could be done for me, at least at that point, because the risks out wheighed the benifits. She gave me some really strong painkillers, but I had to stop taking them. They were highly addictive. One day of taking them and I was wanting them even when I didn't need them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SilverArdorDragon

I get the paralysis in mmy legs. I never lasts long, at least so far. The last doctor I had said that there was not much that could be done for me, at least at that point, because the risks out wheighed the benifits. She gave me some really strong painkillers, but I had to stop taking them. They were highly addictive. One day of taking them and I was wanting them even when I didn't need them.

This is the other edge to the sword. I took a spill back in 2000 and broke the humerus bone in my upper right arm. (Just so you know, the three hardest bones in your body to break are the skull, the femur, and the humerus...) It took three surgeries, over three years, to put it right. I was on painkillers for months at a time. I did get addicted, and spent a little while living in that special hell before I kicked. Kicked clean, with no help from any fancy-dan rehab or any kind of shit like that. This is one of the most important reasons to ask if he's checked out ALL of his medical options. The absolutely LAST thing he wants to do is get addicted to pain pills.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MrNudiePants

This is the other edge to the sword. I took a spill back in 2000 and broke the humerus bone in my upper right arm. (Just so you know, the three hardest bones in your body to break are the skull, the femur, and the humerus...) It took three surgeries, over three years, to put it right. I was on painkillers for months at a time. I did get addicted, and spent a little while living in that special hell before I kicked. Kicked clean, with no help from any fancy-dan rehab or any kind of shit like that. This is one of the most important reasons to ask if he's checked out ALL of his medical options. The absolutely LAST thing he wants to do is get addicted to pain pills.

Very, very true. It is no fun.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by elenai1230
i have a friend whose been in pain for 6-7 years,

his spine is compressed and the vertabrae discs are pressing up against each other and its going to be like that for the rest of his life. how many of u would be able to live with that?

I have dealt with ongoing pain due to various physical ailments, and I just hope your friend has the means to manage the pain. How many of us would be able to live with it? No-one can say until he or she is confronted with it, but having had to deal with it, I know that the physical and emotional toll are huge. Good luck.