Give co-author more visible credit?

last reply
4 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Is there a way to give my co-author more credit? Split photo or something? I've written a LOT of stories, but this is her first. "Kitten's new toy" by Txtabber and lilkitten4free. It shows up on her profile, but she doesn't have an author badge and I'd love to see her get more credit. Can we replace MY profile on the story with HERS?

Thanks, guys and gals for your work here!
0 likes
Quote by TXtabber
Is there a way to give my co-author more credit? Split photo or something? I've written a LOT of stories, but this is her first. "Kitten's new toy" by Txtabber and lilkitten4free. It shows up on her profile, but she doesn't have an author badge and I'd love to see her get more credit. Can we replace MY profile on the story with HERS?

Thanks, guys and gals for your work here!

A submission gets credited to whomever submits it, with co-authors just getting a link from their profile. When I helped my co-author SallytheSlut with her first couple stories, they were her stories with me helping with the writing so she submitted and made me the co-author. Now that your story is up, to change whose profile it goes on, you'd presumably have to take it down and have lilkitten4free re-submit it with you as co-author. If you want you to remain as the principle author, then I'm not sure there's much more that can be done. There should probably be a "co-author" badge, eh?
Lurker
0 likes
Thank! I'll do the sequel in her name if she agrees
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Another way to bring more credit to your co-author is to put a thank you note at the bottom of your story - such as "My thanks to ___ without whose help and insight this story would not have been possible" You can embellish it however you like, but that would also let your readers know of the valuable help you got from your co-author.
0 likes
Quote by Master_Jonathan
Another way to bring more credit to your co-author is to put a thank you note at the bottom of your story - such as "My thanks to ___ without whose help and insight this story would not have been possible" You can embellish it however you like, but that would also let your readers know of the valuable help you got from your co-author.

This. I collaborated a couple of times before the collaboration thing was a thing, and the submitting author always put "Thanks to HeraTeleia blah blah blah" at the end.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!