Login

How do you shave?

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have been using gillette multi blade shavers for the last 30 years - Mach 3 or Mach 4 - never had any complaints.

then my wife decided to spend big money on a badger shaving brush and old style safety blade razer - the type my dad used to use.

Well there are people raving about these old style razers and I thought it was quite cool for a time - but sad to say I am fed up with the time it takes and scraping away trying to get the stubble off, having to apply a 2nd or third set of lather and then finding I have missed a bit.

Now I have gone back, in secret, to my old razer and it is better - no question about it.

so how do you shave?
Lurker
0 likes
I use an electric razor
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
You didn't specify which part of the body...

- I trim my beard with a Wahl trimmer
- I shave my neck with a Braun 320
- I trace my jawline with a Gillette Sensor
- I wax my pubis with a Gigi kit
- I shave my balls with a Schick Quattro
- I shave my legs with a hair-clipper

High-maintenance you say?
0 likes
I sport a full beard, so my experience is a bit different.

For keeping the beard trimmed, I use a Conair battery trimmer maybe once or twice a month. It has an adjustable depth control so you can choose the length of the beard and attachments for trimming the jawline. I also use it with no attachments for quick mustache trims.

For my neck, which isn't covered by the beard, I just use a triple blade disposable razor a couple times a week (buy them in packs of 18 at Costco).