Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Visiting my girlfriend for Valentine's Day. What should I bring?

last reply
8 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
It’s the most romantic time of the year. This is what we believe during Valentine’s day. And this time, I want it to be happier and romantic.
Wanna know why? I’m visiting my Chinese girlfriend in Shenzhen. It should be fun and exciting. This will also be my vacation in China!

Chen and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. Our ways met during AFA’s tour in Shenzhen, China.
For those years of being in a relationship with her, we’ve experienced a lot of struggles. There are times we don’t get along, but love is still present.
Even if our cultures differ, still we did our best for understanding to come. To some it up, we did experience ups and downs but our relationship even became more stronger.

Now, Valentine’s day is coming. I’ll visit her but I also want to bring something special to her. A gift. What could be the best gift to give to her?
What about a ring? Do you think it’s time to tie the knot? Do you think it’s time already? What do you think guys? But I don’t want to stress her with that. Thanks for your responses.
0 likes
Quote by valentineguy2018
It’s the most romantic time of the year. This is what we believe during Valentine’s day. And this time, I want it to be happier and romantic.
Wanna know why? I’m visiting my Chinese girlfriend in Shenzhen. It should be fun and exciting. This will also be my vacation in China!

Chen and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. Our ways met during AFA’s tour in Shenzhen, China.
For those years of being in a relationship with her, we’ve experienced a lot of struggles. There are times we don’t get along, but love is still present.
Even if our cultures differ, still we did our best for understanding to come. To some it up, we did experience ups and downs but our relationship even became more stronger.

Now, Valentine’s day is coming. I’ll visit her but I also want to bring something special to her. A gift. What could be the best gift to give to her?
What about a ring? Do you think it’s time to tie the knot? Do you think it’s time already? What do you think guys? But I don’t want to stress her with that. Thanks for your responses.

Just be aware that Chinese New Year (beginning of the Year of the Dog) falls on Feb. 14 this year so be prepared for that to overwhelm whatever you plan to do. When I spent Chinese New Year with my in-laws in Shanghai (my wife immigrated to Canada a couple years before we met), it was a whirlwind of family dinners, insane fireworks going non-stop until midnight on New Year's Eve, and a party that ran on and off for a week. Some real potential for romance, just as with our New Year's Eve, but also a lot of distractions since it is their biggest holiday.

5 years seems right for a ring but how much of that time have you actually spent together? It sounds like a long distance relationship and sometimes you need some time together before making that plunge (but it also depends on the couple, we were actually living apart when I proposed). Your call. Some nice jewelry would be good given how long you've been a couple (I once gave my wife, then my girlfriend, a gold necklace with a heart pendant and a small chip of diamond) and how serious you seem to be, just wondering if you're actually for THAT nice jewelry. Note that the Chinese like their gold "real", so 14 or 18 karat preferred. At least that's what a certain Chinese lady told me years ago ;).

Enjoy your trip and best of luck. Hope all goes well.
0 likes
A ring. 18k, simple, and something in the 1.00 ct range. Picking up a package of those instant ring sizer thingys (they're called Ring Snuggies or something) would be thoughtful, as it's unlikely that you're going to nail her ring size the first time around. You can have it professionally sized either there in Shenzen or back home (I'm making the presumption that eventually you will make your home in Canada).

It's a generalization to say that the Chinese prefer higher-end jewellery, but I'd call it an accurate one, from personal experience. You also need to bring gifts for her family, especially as it will be the Lunar New Year.

Good luck!!
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Constant Gardener
0 likes
It warms the cockles of my cynical heart to see that American capitalism has infected China so much since Nixon encroached upon Mao and Forrest Gump conquered the Asian ping-pong world.

It took less than 45 years!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
It warms the cockles of my cynical heart to see that American capitalism has infected China so much since Nixon encroached upon Mao and Forrest Gump conquered the Asian ping-pong world.

It took less than 45 years!

I've been making a hefty profit selling Forrest Gump autographed ping pong paddles to Chinese tourists.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Sweet post.

I say no to an engagement ring. Too much pressure on top of a lot of pre-existing pressure, and the emotion of the proposal will swamp everything else. Jen's idea of a simple ring would be nice. But wait on the proposal.

I say make her something by hand. For this Valentine's (Layla, if you are reading this, STOP RIGHT NOW - SPOILER ALERT!), I bought a little wooden box, stained it, added a photo of us on the front, and put a hand-molded clay heart embedded with a few glass beads inside. You don't have to be a great crafter or artist, the gesture of making something with your own hands for her will outweigh any flaws in the final result.

Good luck!
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
Sweet post.

I say no to an engagement ring. Too much pressure on top of a lot of pre-existing pressure, and the emotion of the proposal will swamp everything else. Jen's idea of a simple ring would be nice. But wait on the proposal.

I say make her something by hand. For this Valentine's (Layla, if you are reading this, STOP RIGHT NOW - SPOILER ALERT!), I bought a little wooden box, stained it, added a photo of us on the front, and put a hand-molded clay heart embedded with a few glass beads inside. You don't have to be a great crafter or artist, the gesture of making something with your own hands for her will outweigh any flaws in the final result.

Good luck!

Nice. I've written a couple poems for my lady over the years. 25th wedding anniversary is looming this summer but I haven't thought of what to do/give, yet. If our son isn't home for the summer, we will probably travel somewhere. Russia is one we've been wanting to do for a while that he wasn't interested in.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Give her the gift of multiple orgasms (when you're not around). Maybe she'll fondly reflect upon you when she's masturbating with it (maybe she'll think of other men or women), in any event...she'll be climaxing (indirectly because of you).

I can recommend the LELO Sona Cruise. This is a pretty fair price for the number of smiles you'll put on her face.

I gifted one to a ladyfriend for Xmas. It's become her #1 pleasure device. It's fun to use together, as well.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
An engagement ring is definitely not something to give just because of a holiday which dictates that a gift should be given. If you are ready to make that commitment and think that the timing will make for a nice backdrop, go for it. Otherwise I would recommend something thoughtful that lets her know that she’s on your mind.

For example, it sounds like there is some long-distance dynamics at play. A good idea to work with this would be a pillow or stuffed animal scented with your cologne so that even when you two are apart she can imagine that you are right there with her.
Or perhaps she has a pet name for you or there is a place that holds a special meaning for both of you. Either way, maybe it’s something that could be represented as a charm or a symbol. Give her a necklace of said icon, letting her know that if she feels like a part of her heart is missing (i.e. you) that there is a spare piece right there to make things whole again.
Better yet, you could try and recreate your first date, although that depends a great deal on what said first date was. If feasible, it holds with it a great deal of possibilities to pause and reflect on the time you two have been together.

This could also be a great opportunity to introduce her to a hobby of yours that maybe she hasn’t quite taken up. Play guitar? Get her one. Love to camp? Get her a hiking backpack. In to video games? Get her an Xbox. It’s kind of a niche idea but it has some latitude.

All together, it really just comes down to what YOU want to get her. If you are really stumped, close your eyes and take all logistics out of the equation (e.g. cost, timing, ability, etc) and try to figure out what you would get her if you could get her ANYTHING. Just anything at all. Come up with things and take them seriously as ideas. I think you will be surprised just how doable some of them are and there may just even be one you choose to go with. The world’s your oyster.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?