can't post gif's in forum

last reply
7 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
i don't have any problem posting pics in the forum but every time i try to post a gif i get that critical error message. i have tried logging off then back in but nothing has helped
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
btw, i have tried posting those gif's on someone's wall and had no problem. just doesn't work in forum
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes

Seems to be working okay.

How are you trying to post the gif? i.e. using the Image Link option or trying to upload a GIF file?

Can you provide an example link?
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
yes, the yellow letter link at the top of post a reply page.

i just tried to post a gif here but once again got the critical error message.now will try just a pic

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
It's possible the GIF file size is too big. Do you know how big the file is that you're trying to upload?
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
they are small enough that i can post the same gif's on people walls but when i try to post them in the forum they won't load. example: today i posted an elvis birthday wish gif on wiseowl's wall and it worked. a few days ago i tried to post the same gif on moon03's birthday page in the forum and got that critical error message so it works on walls but not in the forum. it is like that with every gif i try to post in forum
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
i just checked the size on the elvis gif and it was 1.6 mb. i know it says only 1mb but thought one of perks of being gold member was being able to send bigger gif's
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
ok, think i know the problem now. it will only allow me to post gif's 1 mb or under in size.