Accessibility from Opera browser

last reply
4 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've had to download and start using Chrome for Lush because my preferred browser, Opera, has had issues with the recent forum upgrades and fixes and so on. Even after clearing the browser history, content doesn't always render properly (like there are no edit / quote buttons in the forum posts - stuff like that).

Is this a known problem? Being worked on?
0 likes
Hmm. I haven't used Opera in quite a while, though i knew they were still a going concern. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if testing in Opera got overlooked. At work we test in IE, Chrome, Firefox and, going forward, Edge. Those are quite simply the ones that the lion's share of visitors are going to be using. Hope gav and Nic are able to look into your issues.
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
Check the toolbar for the forum, which is immediately below the main, red Lush toolbar. Odds are you'll see a link to login.

Recent tweaks seem to have caused a linking issue between the forum code and the main site code. You can be logged into the site, but you're not logged into the forum. Click the login link from the forum toolbar, and once you log in from there, you should see all your standard forum features once more.

Quote by Metilda
I've had to download and start using Chrome for Lush because my preferred browser, Opera, has had issues with the recent forum upgrades and fixes and so on. Even after clearing the browser history, content doesn't always render properly (like there are no edit / quote buttons in the forum posts - stuff like that).

Is this a known problem? Being worked on?
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Since about 5 years Opera and Chrome share their rendering engine (Blink) that's responsible for rendering page layouts on screen. So most stuff that works well on one should work on the other as well. The main difference is in the browsers' interfaces and features that are not directly related to the rendering of the page.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by RejectReality
Check the toolbar for the forum, which is immediately below the main, red Lush toolbar. Odds are you'll see a link to login.

Recent tweaks seem to have caused a linking issue between the forum code and the main site code. You can be logged into the site, but you're not logged into the forum. Click the login link from the forum toolbar, and once you log in from there, you should see all your standard forum features once more.

This was it . . . thank you so much!