Online Messaging Offline

last reply
50 replies
4.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
While I investigate solutions around the recent stability issues, I will be shutting down the online messaging service.

This will effect the following:

* No Black Box message alerts
* No private chat
* No online label against users indicating whether they are logged in or not

Services shall resume shortly.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Bump, people

0 likes
Don't use that stuff much anyhow. Getting this place stable is more important. Good luck, gav. Hope you can sort things out.
Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
No online messaging might force people to a long break from the site if they can't communicate with friends thru private chats or black boxes...

Hopefully the stability issue is getting the kinks out
Best of luck Gav
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love the services shall resume shortly part. Thanks gav!!! Love the private chat.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Really missing the black box and private chat...hope they come back soon!
0 likes
Quote by gav
While I investigate solutions around the recent stability issues, I will be shutting down the online messaging service.

This will effect the following:

* No Black Box message alerts
* No private chat
* No online label against users indicating whether they are logged in or not

Services shall resume shortly.

I was curious and Ta-da ^

Thankyou Gav.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Looks like it’s working now. Thanks
1/30/18. It’s still down. You can send but recipient does not get the message
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
the black box messages still show up on the on line message feature...or it does on mine
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by ginger86
the black box messages still show up on the on line message feature...or it does on mine

they just don't actually go anywhere once you send them.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Blonde Ginger
0 likes
i have had 2 on line messages today. one at 12:01 pm and one at 4:36 pm and they were recorded in my on line message saver thingy so i was able to read them. they didn't show up in a black box but somehow i got them
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by ginger86
i have had 2 on line messages today. one at 12:01 pm and one at 4:36 pm and they were recorded in my on line message saver thingy so i was able to read them. they didn't show up in a black box but somehow i got them

oh! ok. that's something i wasn't aware of. lol - not that it helps me much. flying blind here. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Blonde Ginger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

oh! ok. that's something i wasn't aware of. lol - not that it helps me much. flying blind here. smile

maybe that isn't a good thing though. if someone is sending those messages and they are going into the on line message saver would that compromise what gav is trying to fix
Sitting at the edge of darkness
0 likes
Thank you for the update. Really missing the bob messages. They are going into the log, but not showing up in real time. Agree site does need to be stable , however, that is my main way of staying in touch with friends.

Just a suggestion, maybe post in the banner at top of screen that it is down and being worked on. Took me a while to find this post in forum.
Check out Kiteares A-Z of kinks and fetishes in micros. The first is of course A Actirasty (if you read it you won't have to google it!)

I HAVE FINISHED MY A-Z GLIMPSE OF THE MEETING OF INTERNET FRIENDS. STARTING WITH ANTICIPATION https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-anticipation--2.aspx

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/good-morning-baby.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/-sweet-nectar-.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Way to go Gav, best of luck.
Code Monkey
0 likes
...and we're back.

You will have to logoff and log back in again before the forum recognizes you again.

There will be issues, so please let me know anything you find wrong with the forums and story sites.

Bring back the BB's smile
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by gav
...and we're back.

You will have to logoff and log back in again before the forum recognizes you again.

There will be issues, so please let me know anything you find wrong with the forums and story sites.

Bring back the BB's smile

Logged out and back in again - can only spot one minor bug.

The ‘number of friends online’ stat on the right side of the top red bar shows zero, but shows the correct figure outside of the forum.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Liz

The ‘number of friends online’ stat on the right side of the top red bar shows zero, but shows the correct figure outside of the forum.

about 1000 BBs at once, btw, apparently crashes your account... silly

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Liz

about 1000 BBs at once, btw, apparently crashes your account... silly

0 likes
I just a BB that BBs were back. Kind of meta.53qqfHoKgAGS1zys
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Actually, when I am in the forum, I don't see the Friends in the red bar at all. I have to go out to the home page or stories to see it.
0 likes
Also, I got a serious error when I posted that.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

log off, close lush, relog. i was having the same issue until i did.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

edit: and now, it's doing it again...

Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Good point. I've removed the count from the forums.

Short-term this is how it will be, until we can have some shared storage between the sites.
Code Monkey
0 likes
...testing....crash
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
i also noticed you can't see or access the chat room in the forum
Blonde Ginger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

edit: and now, it's doing it again...

seems to do it when quoting somebody
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by ginger86

seems to do it when quoting somebody

aww - yeah, you're right. thanks! smile