Login

Getting Hit on By Younger Strangers

last reply
13 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Do older women enjoy it when a younger man (say 18-23) makes a move on them when out shopping, at the bar or another public venue? do you find it flattering or annoying? Have their advances ever been rewarded?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have never been hit on by a younger person. I normally get older men hitting on me. Either way it is flattering and no I don't reward it.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I have found that age range in males to be particularly lacking in worthwhile personal attributes. They are largely arrogant, self-involved, know-it-alls who use women disrespectfully and are incapable of any behavior that doesn't solely advance their own selfish interests. But then, I live in a college town filled with guys like that.
Marx Sister
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
I have found that age range in males to be particularly lacking in worthwhile personal attributes. They are largely arrogant, self-involved, know-it-alls who use women disrespectfully and are incapable of any behavior that doesn't solely advance their own selfish interests. But then, I live in a college town filled with guys like that.

Having grown up in a college town (and periodically there since) with a significant participation in the greek system, I can see your point for sure. Even in the city I currently live, I definitely get it too - though I do live right next to one the campuses here too. I expect there are exceptions to this, but my assessment is at most times, not all that dissimilar.

To actually answer the question, I do not find it intrinsically flattering or insulting to be hit on in public. Most of the time I find it somewhat invasive, but occasionally someone with an extremely well thought out line will get me to laugh and I will potentially start a conversation. That's pretty much it. I do not reward the type of advances I think you are talking about, and I especially don't reward it with sex.

If you are going to comment on how a woman looks - which I don't really recommend - here is a decent guideline: comment on something that they chose, rather than something that they were born with. When you comment on a stranger's body, it's intrusive and gross... If you tell me I have a nice ass, I will think you're a jerk. If you tell me I have nice eyes, I will think you are boring and probably kind of a tool because that's all you can think of. If you say you think my hair looks nice, it's better if you clarify that you're talking about my hairstyle. Compliment the outfit I put together, or the cute headband or necklace I put on.

The reason I wrote out a little spectrum of commentary is to try and illustrate the ways in which they are different, and the subtlety of the relevant changes. I hope this has been helpful.
My Featured Stories
The Snowglobe Conspiracy – Solving a great mystery | There Is No Butterfly – Time Travel competition entry | Incurable Arousal – Most viewed | Toxic, But Not Sinister – Mutual loathing at its finest | You Were – An experience in the second person | Desiderium – A scattering of lovers
Lurker
0 likes
In this age of sexual abuse....I take offense to the term "hit on" and if I find someone is "hitting on me" they quickly find out that it was a big mistake to do so. If a guy approaches me with some class, or flirts with me, that is a different story as I will quite often flirt as well. I seem to have a real talent for making men feel about 2 inches tall, especially around their friends when they act like a jackass around me as a few guys here at Lush could probably attest, but would never admit.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am no longer particularly fond of young guys "hitting" upon me. I am past the younger brash and usually self interested types. Basically they are only out for one thing and are not particularly good at it I would imagine. Sexual harassment is something I have experienced often in my job and I can cut them dead with look and a sharp retort and I do it so others can hear which adds to the embarrassment. It's about time women were listened to.
Having had my flings and are now more mature in many ways I enjoy male and female company and can enjoy a casual relationship with a man my age but not younger or older by some years and who don't need to boast of their prowess. I can usually determine that BEFORE I become interested in any way. One doesn't have to enjoy sex to enjoy their company. I do have a brain as well.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
nope, it does absolutely nothing for me. however, i can be very biased. i'm in education and it kind of weirds me out. plus, at that age guys aren't the most suave. telling me i'm a 'hot milf' isn't going to sweeten the pot.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's not flattering to have someone tell me I have a great ass or a nice rack, or that I look pretty hot for an older lady. So no, not a fan of getting hit on by young men when I am out in public. At a bar or dance club I am slightly less likely to go for the jugular immediately, but they're not going to get rewarded for hitting on me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Kman99
Do older women enjoy it when a younger man (say 18-23) makes a move on them when out shopping, at the bar or another public venue? do you find it flattering or annoying? Have their advances ever been rewarded?

I usually appreciate positive comments and tasteful flirting - from any age.

Rewarding them? I smile. Sometimes I say thank you. But that type of thing isn't going to get me to want to hook up with anyone. Even if I was younger and single.
0 likes
Thanks for the responses. To add some context, I am actually quite a bit older than the group I mentioned here (am 34), but the thought of seeing older women with much younger men than myself is an interest of mine. I think it really got pushed into overdrive a couple years ago when I saw my friend (28 at the time) seduce an 18 year old boy at a halloween party. It was very erotic watching her sit on his lap and stroke his hair as he nervously stared into her eyes. She said he was too timid to be an enjoyable partner in bed, but it was still hot imagining how their trysts went (she shared some details but omitted a lot). He was clearly more timid and she was the obvious pursuant in this case. But I was wondering how often the boy is the one that makes advances in these cases. Of course, hooking up with someone at a party is very different than making unsolicited advances in public, regardless of age or gender.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love to hear that some younger people have a crush on me smile and it's pretty nice to notice them when they sit next or close to me... lol
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends on the boy/man, it depends on the move he makes, it depends on the mood I'm in, and at least a dozen other things... But yes, on a rare occasion I can imagine someone might be successful.
0 likes
I might be 25yrs young but don't care to see people younger than me in a sexual manner. I will say thankyou and chat them up if we have something in common or end the convo there.
Lurker
0 likes
I mostly have older men hitting on me, although a friend of my husband has approached me asking if Id be willing to teach his 16 year old son a few things;I'm still thinking about it