How interested is she?

last reply
18 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Convict
0 likes
Why are you so curious about this when you still have a partner?

You really are doing a huge amount of over-thinking on this. Just because your friend never went near your girlfriend, it might only mean that she had nothing in common with her.

She’s wearing her hair down now instead of up, have the seasons changed? I can’t wear my hair down in summer because it’s too hot but love to let it down in winter.

I think you could be imagining she’s interested when she may not be.
Convict
0 likes
Ok. If it were me, I’d be looking for more obvious signs of interest. IMHO what you’ve said doesn’t indicate anything more than friendship.

You said she has some trust issues, There’s also that person called “your girlfriend” that may be a bit off putting. Does anyone ever really want a cheater?

Im not sure what it is exactly that you’re trying to “handle without anyone getting hurt”. I can’t see that she is giving you any signs at all. Wearing hair up or down isn’t really a strong tell and letting a surprise slip out doesn’t obviously mean you are a hot topic of conversation. It means her friend ruined the surprise.

If you might want some kind of a future with her, I wouldn’t act on anything until you are single.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
hmm... ok, here are my thoughts:

1. she's quite possibly staying away from your girlfriend because she doesn't want to feel like a third wheel.

2. this made me chuckle because i'm the exact opposite. my hair serves as my security blanket when it's down and is a sign of my comfort level around you when it's up.

3. she may be genuinely surprised that your girlfriend doesn't mind you going out with other women. a work lunch is FAR different than meeting for dinner and drinks. (p.s. lunch is often seen as the 'safe' meal. i'd put it one notch above a coffee date)

4. sounds like her friend is just shit at keeping secrets.

5. i once told my male coworkers that mt. dew lowered sperm count. i had no intention of 'doing' any of them.

i have to agree with trinket. i think you may be reading more into this because you're interested in her. the only way to know for sure is to ask her. i would hope you do her the benefit of not inquiring until you're single because it does seem like she respects your relationship. don't make her feel as though she was a factor in your break up - it's not fair.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First, if she is only your girlfriend, and y'all are not at leased engaged, you did not indicate y'all are. You ARE SINGLE.
Second, I'm not so sure your assumptions are correct.
Third, if you are so sure you are going to end the relationship with your girlfriend, why are you still stringing her on?

Brandie
Convict
0 likes
Rephrasing your question won’t help you get the answer you are looking for. I’m not trying to prove there is no attraction, You asked for opinions, got them but don’t like them. Now you are engaged and “we are going on a vacation that will make or break your relationship”? You’re engaged, but still turning yourself inside-out trying to figure out if this other girl wants you. You are ENGAGED!

For gods sake, do both you and your fiancé a favour and end your relationship now. If you were meant to be together you wouldn’t be giving so much thought to being with another woman.
Convict
0 likes
Your thinking is all over the place. I can’t imagine how you are going to make a decision about a future with your fiancé while you have all this other stuff in your head. But that’s not what you asked, I know.

I’m not sure anyone can answer the question for you. There are different types of friendships and many factors determine who we might be attracted to and what we would do about those feelings under differing circumstances. Good luck.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
This is one of the weirder threads on here.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I kind of hope your fiance dumps your ass..

Timing is never optimal for a breakup. I broke up with my ex while I was going through depression caused by a death of my student and a mentor. Jeez if you want to be with this "friend" then do your fiance a favor so she can go on that trip and party with a person who actually cares.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by Smoothwetkitty
I kind of hope your fiance dumps your ass..

Timing is never optimal for a breakup. I broke up with my ex while I was going through depression caused by a death of my student and a mentor. Jeez if you want to be with this "friend" then do your fiance a favor so she can go on that trip and party with a person who actually cares.

YES!! My thoughts exactly.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
This is one of the weirder threads on here.

I think you may have forgotten the "swimming pool of cum" debacle.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

i stand corrected. thanks (not) for reminding me. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

And there have been similar threads before as well where guys seemed to have been planning their next relation while the current one was still going on. Shows little respect to their current partner as well as the potential new partner they have in mind. Too much strategy, too little care in my mind.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by AlexPravda

Again, it does not work like that. There are places other than America, we are not traveling within the same country or even the same continent where you can just decide to change your travel partner on a whim.

Most of you don't seem to be capable of relating to other people's situations without projecting, so I will leave you to it. Good luck!

I do know there are places other than America. I've traveled to another country and I had to change my travel partner on a whim. It was actually rather fun to do.

Quote by Trinket

I’m not sure anyone can answer the question for you. There are different types of friendships and many factors determine who we might be attracted to and what we would do about those feelings under differing circumstances.

Trinket gave you an answer, no one can really answer that question. Unless we have experienced it. If I were in your situation, I wouldn't be paying any attention to the friend and be focused on my fiance. That's why most people get engaged.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by noll

And there have been similar threads before as well where guys seemed to have been planning their next relation while the current one was still going on. Shows little respect to their current partner as well as the potential new partner they have in mind. Too much strategy, too little care in my mind.

My thoughts exactly in this case. Quite blatant.