last reply
21 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Hey all,

We're pretty busy at the moment, especially with a competition on. There have been a few messages over the last week to the helpdesk about wait times, so thought it was worth an update.

If you're a gold/platinum member, you'll likely wait 1-2 days. If you're not, we're probably talking about a week to ten days at the moment.

We will always get back to you one way or the other to advise if a story has been published or returned. If you want to check your story has been submitted okay, go to your 'my stories' page. You should see a date of submission and it should say 'not verified'.

Competition entries will be given priority as per usual during a competition, regardless of membership level.

And because I love a shameless plug, if you want to upgrade to gold/platinum, here's the link

https://www.lushstories.com/premium.aspx.

Ta, Jen
Site administrator
0 likes
But I submitted one last year and its still not done!

Sorry... I could not resist that.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
But I submitted one last year and its still not done!

Sorry... I could not resist that.

It's like you want spanked.
Site administrator
0 likes
Oh! In that case I am with this lot...

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
I was more than pleasantly surprised how quickly my comp entry was verified and I'm very appreciative. However, maybe submitting at near midnight didn't hurt. Who knows. I'm just grateful the Mods do such a good job of getting our stories... especially the comp entries.

Thank you all!
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
I'm about to become part of the problem. LOL I have a new Monster Sex story off for editing, and I'm through the first couple of stages of editing my contest story as well.

The review of submissions on most sites is little more than a quick scan, so with each story receiving a careful review here, it's absolutely praise-worthy that the turnaround time stays as low as it is.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by RejectReality
I'm about to become part of the problem. LOL I have a new Monster Sex story off for editing, and I'm through the first couple of stages of editing my contest story as well.

The review of submissions on most sites is little more than a quick scan, so with each story receiving a careful review here, it's absolutely praise-worthy that the turnaround time stays as low as it is.

Are you kidding? We fight over yours. Never a comma out of place, lol
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Don't get the big head, RR. They also fight over mine. Only the fight is to determine who gets stuck with the poor, pitiful thing.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
LOL, no worries.

I know that without my editor fixing all the mistakes I miss, it wouldn't be nearly as easy. I send him the cleanest copy I can manage, and he still catches stuff every single time.

Quote by RumpleForeskin
Don't get the big head, RR. They also fight over mine. Only the fight is to determine who gets stuck with the poor, pitiful thing.

Chat Moderator
0 likes
Can we make this a sticky? I routinely refer new authors to this thread, and I always have to search for it.
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Bumping this. There are quite a few verifiers having a well earned vacation at the moment, so we're a bit thin on the ground.

Please be patient

Thank you
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Jen
Bumping this. There are quite a few verifiers having a well earned vacation at the moment, so we're a bit thin on the ground.

Please be patient

Thank you

also, think about it. if you're sending in a story with enough issues that we have to return it, you're doubling the time spent on it. sometimes tripling it if you do it again. please be considerate of the mods and your fellow writers who are patiently waiting for their stories to be published.

thanks,
Sprite.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

also, think about it. if you're sending in a story with enough issues that we have to return it, you're doubling the time spent on it. sometimes tripling it if you do it again. please be considerate of the mods and your fellow writers who are patiently waiting for their stories to be published.

thanks,
Sprite.

So my six thousand word, single paragraph with no quotation marks opus featuring *censored* and *censored* should wait until Fall?

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

So my six thousand word, single paragraph with no quotation marks opus featuring *censored* and *censored* should wait until Fall?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Smut-slinging slut
0 likes
As a gold member whose story has been in Lush Limbo for a week, is there something that we non-moderator members can do to help out other than sit back and try to be patient? (By the way, that's only a business-days-week, not a full week)
Am I a good witch, or a bad witch? History will decide
Partner-in-Lust / Cummunist
0 likes
Quote by krystalg
As a gold member whose story has been in Lush Limbo for a week, is there something that we non-moderator members can do to help out other than sit back and try to be patient? (By the way, that's only a business-days-week, not a full week)

Hello there!
If you are talking about The Jealousy Test Date, it was submitted on July 12th (that's four calendar days) and I am modding it now, so to quote dear ol' Axl, all I need is just a little patience
Curiosity is one of those insatiable passions that grow by gratification.
Smut-slinging slut
0 likes
Yes I was, and thank you. I was counting the submission date as 1 day. But the question posed still applies. Is there something non-moderator members can do to help during crunch times? And now that song will be in my head all day!
Mana wahine
0 likes
Quote by krystalg
Yes I was, and thank you. I was counting the submission date as 1 day. But the question posed still applies. Is there something non-moderator members can do to help during crunch times? And now that song will be in my head all day!

Making sure the story is as clean as possible helps. Obviously, the job of the moderator is to do the final checks and proofreads, etc, but we're not editors. Anything that requires substantial work will be returned with an explanation. A story that is put back in the queue over and over again without any edits from the member, or with the same areas that need work is just wasting everyone's time.

Only submitting one chapter at a time. Even I am guilty of this, lol. We understand that people are anxious to get chapters and any series out, but submitting more than one story at a time floods the queue. There is also the risk of any chapters being published out of order, or some stories being lost behind others as we don't always see them if the member has multiple stories in the queue at any one time.

I guess, just have patience with us. If the queue gets crazy, then there is a thread that will be updated, but we're all humans behind the keyboards, and like all Lush members, mods have day jobs and real lives. We're all volunteers who do this to help out, and we get just as anxious when the queue is busy or stories take a long time, as regular members do.

If all else fails, send nudes and booze to us.
Smut-slinging slut
0 likes
Quote by laura

If all else fails, send nudes and booze to us.

Bikini Booze Delivery at your service!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by krystalg

Bikini Booze Delivery at your service!

I interpreted it as he meant photographs. Maybe I just got tripped up by his phrasing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by krystalg
Is there something non-moderator members can do to help during crunch times?

One thing we can do to make the moderator's job easier is to check each other's stories before submission. It is so much easier to spot someone else's mistakes than your own! Find a friend what is good at spelinng [spelling] and grammer [grammar] and get them to read through your story carefully (offering to do the same for them in return). I did set up a Lush group to do this, though it fizzled out. Don't rely on computer spell-checkers or grammar checkers.

Also, dare I suggest, a bit controversially, don't submit too many stories?

I submitted a flash fiction story last night and to my surprise it was published before I woke up this morning!