chat idea separate from the chat rooms.

last reply
6 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I saw the site recently added a tube/video section and wondered if the site would be open to another way for people to meet up online.

Why not create a chat based section much like Omegle, but throw in catagories that people could explore?

Sometimes it is just daunting to go to the standard chat rooms and try to strike up a conversation with a random person. At least having something like this could break the ice for so many that come here.

No video though so as to cut down costs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just wish some would fill out there bio ,,that would help
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree! Should be mandatory when you sign up.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MissKat76

Why not create a chat based section much like Omegle, but throw in catagories that people could explore?

Sometimes it is just daunting to go to the standard chat rooms and try to strike up a conversation with a random person. At least having something like this could break the ice for so many that come here.

Have you explored the "groups" section?? It can be found on same line as forum and chat room buttons.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by MissKat76
I saw the site recently added a tube/video section and wondered if the site would be open to another way for people to meet up online.

No video though so as to cut down costs.

I think most find the chat rooms rather daunting at first but in time I believe the members get used to that and manage it in their own way. I only had a quick look at Omegle. You can chat on a one-2-one basis here in a room setting (a private chat). Clearly people have profiles that enable you to see their interests and hopefully some thing about them (their biography) if they have completed those details. There is also the member search option which has many filters including interests.

Sometimes members create their own rooms with specific topics but in the main they are picture focused rooms rather than discussion. The rooms are interactive and I would think represent quite a load on the site. Having static rooms of varying topics (see how many categories we have for stories) would represent a significant additional load on resources and of course they need moderating which would be an enormous task.

As above post the forums and/or groups may be the better option for you. smile

I hope I have interpreted your post correctly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
john, you aren't wrong, but not fully right either.

then again I suppose the site wouldn't want to provide something free like a randomized one on one chat to provide people with the thrill of meeting random people based on search criteria.

just note... unless the site goes back to allowing non-paying members to make rooms, then my statement of you being wrong will stand. hmmmm sorry if sounding harsh there. just trying to get my point across clearly.
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by MissKat76
john, you aren't wrong, but not fully right either.

then again I suppose the site wouldn't want to provide something free like a randomized one on one chat to provide people with the thrill of meeting random people based on search criteria.

just note... unless the site goes back to allowing non-paying members to make rooms, then my statement of you being wrong will stand. hmmmm sorry if sounding harsh there. just trying to get my point across clearly.

I had no intention of responding to your post in terms of right or wrong and I do not believe I did that; I was attempting to be helpful. smile