10 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Freddy Mercury passed November 24, 1991
David Bowie passed January 10, 2016

Both amazing & talented human beings. They left our world a better place.

Post one of their songs or performances, by them or a tribute version, that you love or is meaningful to you.

0 likes
Well, you already posted the obvious one.

How David Bowie and a couple friends backed by Queen from the Freddy Mercury tribute in 1992?

0 likes
And Freddy at his finest in one of my favorite Queen songs.

Lurker
0 likes
Amazing abbreviated version from AGT. I love her voice. Would love to hear her do the entire song...

Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
You reminded me that I haven't watched this in a few years... much too long...

Curiously enough, Bowie had the unenviable task of trying to follow Queen that evening.

Forum Kan-Guru
0 likes
And this one is probably just meaningful to me, but since it's also over 10 years since Syd Barrett (who wrote this song... Pink Floyd's first single) died and almost 10 since Richard Wright (on keyboards here) died, here's some rock royalty together:

Lurker
0 likes
A song that I've been playing a lot lately, is it underrated? Maybe.

Lurker
0 likes
It's hard to believe David Bowie passed two years ago on January 10, 2016. Fuck.

Crank this if you listen to it. It sends chills up my spine. This is from my favorite movie from 2017, although the original version
is from the movie, Cat People from, holy fuck, 1982. Wow.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ziggy Stardust was the first album I ever owned, quickly followed by Lou Reed's Berlin. Both assisted during my age of confusion and moving out of innocence. He was my only true man-crush. I did weep at his, as well as Reed's, passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED3SBJhawcA