Login

Announcing the birth of a "new" series - Wedding Interrupted

last reply
12 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Okay, it's not really new, I've just finally revised the titles for my Bride/Groom stories into a proper series and fixed up the links between them. A couple titles got changed back to their original versions, too.

For those who haven't read them, it's a series of erotic episodes that occur to both halves of a couple when the bride calls off their wedding after a steamy fling the night before the event.

Wedding Interrupted

A Bride's Awakening

Wedding Night Blues

Model Client

Mile High to Vegas

The Handyman's Tool

If you have read all of them already, there are no substantive changes but read them again by all means. If you haven't read them, please do. Comments welcomed and often responded to.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So glad you posted this- I need to re read and comment on the pastor’s secret, fantastic story! Bloody work interrupting x
0 likes
Quote by Emily260
So glad you posted this- I need to re read and comment on the pastor’s secret, fantastic story! Bloody work interrupting x

Which isn't part of this series but takes place in the same "universe". As mentioned before, April (from Pastor's Secret and it's two sequels) and her boyfriend Ross have cameos in one part of Wedding Interrupted.
0 likes
The final chapter nears completion. I'm targeting Sunday, Dec. 3 to post it but we shall see how it goes. Meanwhile, if you haven't caught up on the rest, see the first post for the list.
0 likes
Better late than never. It is in the queue...
0 likes
There's love, lust, and more in the air when a hike brings Julia back into contact with Curt...

A Bride's Confession

Which brings the story of this young couple, or at least this part of their story, to a close.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I really enjoyed this whole series. You should post more about your writing process here - I know you spent a lot of time sorting out the story lines in these. You should take us under the hood (so to speak) and talk about what you were tinkering with and why.
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
I really enjoyed this whole series. You should post more about your writing process here - I know you spent a lot of time sorting out the story lines in these. You should take us under the hood (so to speak) and talk about what you were tinkering with and why.

The agony and the ecstasy, eh?

Let's just say that "under the hood" was more like a poorly maintained 40 year-old Wankel rotary than my new car's 2017 Honda turbo four (Aside: Honda's new turbo is the best goddamned engine I've ever owned. I have it in a 2017 CRV but if I ever have to replace my Civic, I'm getting a model that comes with the turbo as well).

Any specific questions that might start things off? I know you've seen a bit of it already in my drunken rantings over in the bar.PewTr3Q5ZlB4wsOx
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
You were talking about conflicting plot lines, and I think even considering a multiverse type solution with differing outcomes based on certain key events (like the note after they call things off) (I think I gave that solution a big push at the bar). How did you solve it?
0 likes
The basic history goes like this:

I began with a simple idea: two interlocking stories about a wedding gone awry. First I wrote Curt (the groom)'s perspective (Wedding Night Blues), learning that his bride has left him, how he reacts, and his wedding night fling with his transgender friend Lily. Then I wrote Julia's perspective on why she did it (Bride's Awakening), about her fling(s) and how that led her to back out of the wedding. And, most importantly, the sense of regret I left hanging at the end. And at the time I was writing them, I had no greater plan in mind. I knew I could continue their stories but it was all very ad hoc.

When I then wrote the two-parter about Curt's rebound relationship with his client (and onetime crush) Angie, taking them to Las Vegas. And at the time, one possible ending for Mile High to Vegas was having Julia and Marcy visit the city at the same time on a "girls' weekend" and Curt hooking up with her. But I went another path, ending it with him in the dumps over Julia even after enjoying his fling with the model and her friend. So, I knew this ultimately had to lead to some kind of reunion and sorting out of the situation between Curt and Julia, but I wasn't sure yet what should be.

I went on to write Handyman's Tool, with Julia exploring the desires that had led to call things off in the first place. And, again, I toyed with her meeting Curt or at least setting things up for that meeting. In this case, an early version of the ending had her taking the bus home and getting off early to walk home via Curt's neighbourhood, and making a stop at his place. There were versions both where she meets him and where she just reminisces in his garden before slipping away thinking about him. But, again, I backed off and left at her going home unsatisfied and thinking about him.

So, really, the issue was that I knew I had to tie things up but was waffling on how. My heart, who is a serious sap, wanted them back together in a lovey dovey reunion. Plus I really wanted to write some sex scenes involving the two of them. biggrin My mind, however, kept putting out the narrative that (a) that's a horrible romance cliche and (b) realistically, would Curt trust her enough to take her back. The problem was compounded by the question of what to do with them if they didn't get back together.

Having had her discover her bisexuality, I toyed with Julia getting involved with a woman (possibly her friend Marcy) or hooking her back up with Danny, the guy who started the whole thing. Curt was easier: I actually wrote about 50% of a story advancing his relationship with Lily into a deeper one though, again, a reunion with Julia was part of that picture, too. It was just a matter of how that reunion would end, with them leaving together or each with a new partner.

It was at this stage that I toyed with an "alternative universe" where I would rewrite the two original stories to have Julia come to her senses and show up at the wedding, with some confessions and forgiveness but the ceremony actually happening. It wouldn't have solved the problem of how to wrap up the main timeline, though, and I kind of backed off on actually writing it since I decided it was more important to finish the main story before I went off on a tangent. Some of the ideas I kicked around did influence how I handled their eventual reunion, though.

I finally wrote one version of the reunion, but from Curt's POV. He remembered her birthday and sent her flowers, which led to dinner, which led to a tearful confession and a brief second breakup, which led to her apartment and ... . It was a pretty good story and had Curt and Julia going in some new directions sexually, with a D-S vibe developing and them having anal for the first time (since Curt had clearly enjoyed anal sex when he had it with Lily and Angie). But as I read it over and proofed it, I realized it had a problem: the story really needed to be told from Julia's POV. Not sure why I felt that way other than she's the one "coming back" so I guess I felt I needed to present her inner thoughts as to why. So, back to the drawing board.

The idea of them meeting while hiking goes back to when I was writing Mile High to Vegas. I mention in there that they were avid hikers and had met while hiking. When I was considering dropping a reunion with Julia into that story, I even had them meet at Red Rock Canyon near Vegas, where I went hiking one time down there. So the idea of them meeting at a favorite hiking spot goes back a long way in the story and I had made a number of false starts at stories based on that premise.

So it all came together in the end, but with no advance planning I was pretty much winging it all the way, writing the stories that made sense at the time I wrote them rather the ones that fit in to a master plan.
0 likes
Coming up on a year since I finished Wedding Interrupted, so I thought I'd bump the thread. I keep thinking about revisiting Curt & Julia but I'm not really sure where to go.

There's a couple gaps in the story that I could backfill (e.g. what happens between 5 & 6).

There's the story of what happens when they finally get married.

There's the possibility of Julia engaging in some new explorations that include Curt (a epic four-way between them and my other favorite couple, April and Ross, would be an option as would introducing Curt to Julia's swinger friends Pete and Maggie).

And I've even contemplated a major overhaul leading to publishing the series as a novella somewhere. That would necessitate the backfilling mentioned above as part of the overhaul.

Regardless, give them a read if you wish and let me know your thoughts here or in your comments.

And it all begins with a bride having a sexual awakening the night before the wedding:

A Bride's Awakening

(Follow the Read Again links. The linking is going backwards for some reason.)
0 likes
For those wondering, The Bride's Confession is gone (well, I have a copy archived, but it is gone from here). I re-read it recently and decided it was just too easy an ending given how things started. For now, the series shall remain open-ended unless I come up with a new ending or decide to repost it.

I have also not got them set up as a series right now, going back to the original arrangement of pairs of stories, save The Handyman's Tool where I put the two parts together in one long story for reasons I no longer recall.