Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Tone at work: Has it changed with recent allegations of sexual harassment.

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Since the recent revelations of sexual harassment have been made, has there been a change
in the tone in your workplace?

I'm talking about everyday tone, banter, chit-chat, not sexual harassment.

I'm asking the same question in the ask the guys forum.
0 likes
Nah cause my workplace is hella fabby and if any freak turns up, they get turned out.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
The property owners we manage for are the only ones who still make sexist remarks. They're a bunch of rich, dirty old men! A few of our contractors used to before they figured out I wasn't going to put up with it. I'm the only woman in the office besides my assistant who isn't old and fat, so Michelle and I are the only ones who get the dirty comments. Nothing much has changed. I know the maintenance guys talk about us between themselves, but not to our faces.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I have notice a change at my work. Women are "all business". No one shares even the most innocuous personal information.

Some months ago, even before these scandals broke, one female co-worker commented that I looked nice in my coat and tie.
(Only on rare occasions do I need to wear a coat and tie at work). She was the practically apoplectic apologizing for
the remark. There was nothing suggestive. She is know as a very Christian person, I appreciated the comment for what it was and nothing more.

Just a few days ago, my female boss wore a nice scarf. It was just for show, . . it was particularly cold. Did I say anything?
No. Just too scared it could be misinterpreted.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Guys still sneak peeks down my top. It doesnt really bother me tbh
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not really. Most of my colleagues know they will get a mouthful back if they get suggestive or sexist. It's a while now since any sexist remarks have been forthcoming.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't deal with the politicians and famous, semi famous an famous in their own mind types, so no nothing has really changed.