Age....

last reply
47 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We are all at a different part of our lives than the other, but to this point in your life, what is the perfect age according to you?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
The Ice Age.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I'm rapidly approaching the end of my youth, so I can't evaluate any other age from personal experience, but from what I've seen of my parents and grandparents, I'm wishing I could go back, not forward!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I'm rapidly approaching the end of my youth, so I can't evaluate any other age from personal experience, but from what I've seen of my parents and grandparents, I'm wishing I could go back, not forward!

Time is like an arrow. It only goes forward, never backward.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Age is a good thing, depends on how you look at it ....we are all growing at different stages,if you're not happy with your age only you can fix it.... you can be active ( both physical and sexual) but never degrade yourself to any one.
You are who you are so enjoy life and be happy.
0 likes
The perfect age is Nineteen. Still a kid, yet an adult, but I wouldn't go back to being that age without knowing what I know, and the confidence I've gained. Most young people are too young to appreciate youth

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
While I definitely had a lot of fun in my early twenties, I don't think I really came into my own until I was around 25 or 26. You're still young, but old enough to have a few things figured out, and starting to get yourself established. That's a pretty good age to be.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me it was years 25-27. Oh to go back would be wonderful.
Lurker
0 likes
Really old.
Lurker
0 likes
Old, Bedrock was just a village and I was one of the original occupants.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
You really need to change your AV. With a username like that and that photo...
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Site administrator
0 likes
I was 18 the day I joined Lush. I am more than happy with my age thank you. I am guessing ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is about 45 possibly approaching 50.

*runs away and hides*
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
30 as just about perfect. I was in a good place emotionally and mentally as well as physically. Insurance rates drop about then, people take you seriously, but you're still young enough to stay up all night without suffering for a few days afterward. That said, 50 hasn't been so bad...
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
I was 18 the day I joined Lush. I am more than happy with my age thank you. I am guessing ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is about 45 possibly approaching 50.

*runs away and hides*

shove it Grandad!
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll settle for 40
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
0 likes

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

0 likes
Quote by apptobebad
You really need to change your AV. With a username like that and that photo...

Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad

shove it Grandad!

ok no witty reply. I have to say that made me laugh lots! Cheeky!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mid thirties is the best age. You have maturity, experience, and your body still has strength and endurance. Once I hit my forties it felt like the warranty on by body expired.
0 likes
In the past, I've been able to see positives about each decade, save maybe my teens when bullying in school more or less fucked me up real good. 20s was the time when I finally got away from that and from home and experienced love, lust, and the joy of life to their fullest. Thirties were the mature years when I enjoyed married life, becoming a parent, and re-engaged with church in a new way. Forties were kind of on cruise control, just living life and mostly enjoying it.

My present decade, however, is becoming a different beast. Other than getting some of my life back now that my son is a young adult and out of the house, I'm not really finding much positive in my fifties so far. More physical problems. Depression setting in on various fronts. Finding it hard to put much purpose or joy in my life. Writing for Lush is one of the few things that seems to get my old joie de vivre going. Maybe things will turn around and I'm trying to get some kind of engagement with something that will relight the fire, but it's not proving easy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some people call me a Neanderthal - does that count?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
At least 15 years old for a single malt. As for me, I enjoy the present age. I suck the marrow out of life and try to enjoy each moment.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
somewhere between 18 and a Wal-Mart greeter lol
Lurker
0 likes
If we are talking age as in decade. I have always liked the 50's, cool and beautiful cars, and liked the traditional family vaules from then. Also if we are talking music then like the 80's and like the victorian era for the pretty dresses and tea parties. Next if your refering to the perfect age physical, I think there is none, as we age we may wish we were younger but life wasn't any better then we just faced different challenges so I think it's important to find happeniess and contentment in the age you are.
0 likes
My late 30's have been terrific. I've seen my brother go from bumaround goofball to successful, homeowning responsible husband and father. I've seen my own boys go from being toddlers to pre-teens and teenagers, each responsible, kind and hardworking. I've met a wonderful man whom I plan on keeping around for awhile (or until he tires of me). I am blessed and lucky to be where I am in life and wouldn't trade my current position and age away for anything.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Physically, I would go with my 20's, I was in really good condition with no health issues.
Emotionally and mentally, though, I would have to go with my late 30s and early 40s. That was when I was the most content with my life in every way, and I wasn't dealing with encroaching age related health issues as I am now.
Professionally, well, I'd go with my mid 40's right up to now, as I have a stable career and a lot of professional satisfaction, but the emotional and relationship side of things has gotten more complicated.

If I were to pick a number, I would go with 35. I was in a good place in every way except professionally, and even there I had a decent full time job to cover my expenses.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I had serious amounts of fun in my 20s and 30s. But I'm happier now than I was then. I am glad I have the memories, but overall I think I'm happiest right now, at my current age.