Carl muthafuking Sagan

last reply
8 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are two of his speeches videos that are above the rest(although all are good)

This is my fav

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is at least anyone familiar with him? Any opinions on the video? Yay or neigh?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Pale Blue Dot- One of the greatest commentaries on humanity ever penned. Sagan grants perspective in a way I don't think anyone else has even managed. A brilliant thinker, scientist, and author, greatly missed by all familiar with his genius.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you... that had to be his best but another comes to mind.. not too many people get it and he got it. Helped to reach millions of people as well. He will be missed.

One of my best friends is bi-polar and he has to be one of the most insightful people I’ve ever known. Has helped me to carry on my quest for knowledge..
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I vaguely remember the Pale Blue Dot segment (was it from Cosmos?) It has got to be the most insightful dialog he ever presented, but the one I remember best from Cosmos is the Heike crab story about artificial selection and how evolution works. I miss him!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Loved that show, still love the speech. He was a major influence to me, and probably was to many/most people my age.

My fave book of his was The Dragons of Eden. All about evolution, and includes the heike crab story Beth mentions above.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I've given the hard copy of that book to a few people, coworkers, student acquaintances, etc...for housewarming gifts. Sometimes they are pleasantly surprised, a few times it has gone right over their head(s).
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I was in college at the University of Texas, one of my classes was a pioneering lecture series on the topic of extraterrestrial intelligence. The professor had been one of Sagan's students at Cornell. Sagan was scheduled to be guest lecturer during the semester, but at the last minute was invited to speak at a White House science symposium, so he chose the President over us. I was SO anxious to hear him say BILLIONS.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96
When I was in college at the University of Texas, one of my classes was a pioneering lecture series on the topic of extraterrestrial intelligence. The professor had been one of Sagan's students at Cornell. Sagan was scheduled to be guest lecturer during the semester, but at the last minute was invited to speak at a White House science symposium, so he chose the President over us. I was SO anxious to hear him say BILLIONS.

He REALLY made me realize just how small / insignificant this planet is in the whole scheme of the universe...with BILLIONS .