Your favourite sammich.

last reply
32 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Convict
0 likes
Whenever I've seen posts about food that Americans make, their ability to make awesome sammiches has always impressed me. It seems that the type of bread alone is a very well thought out decision. Not to mention the exotic styles of meats and cheeses etc. Aussies aren't into sammiches so exotic.

Please share your favourite.
Lurker
0 likes
BLT on Rye.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Chicken Club Sammich.

Pulled smoked paprika chicken, crispy maple bacon, mayo, lettuce and tomato on grilled sourdough.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Could you eat that while your man is going down on you?
Lurker
0 likes
Egg salad or maybe a BLT? I don't have either one very often though.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by Sugarbaby2017
Make me one, Trinky. CHOP! CHOP!

Oh, that looks so good! My favorite is also the traditional bacon, lettuce and tomato. Lightly toasted white bread with lots of mayo. MMM...
0 likes
A really fatty pastrami with swiss cheese and saurkraut on a soft sandwich roll. Or, a Reuben because, YUM!

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Large Deluxe Original from Schlotsky's.

Awesome Lady
0 likes
Philly Cheese Steak with good bread

Convict
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick
A really fatty pastrami with swiss cheese and saurkraut on a soft sandwich roll. Or, a Reuben because, YUM!

I just goggled sauerkraut. I don't think it's very popular here And pretty sure it wouldn't be my kinda thing. Currently I am eating a ham cheese tomato and beetroot on multigrain. I obviously need help with my sammiches
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I just goggled sauerkraut. I don't think it's very popular here And pretty sure it wouldn't be my kinda thing. Currently I am eating a ham cheese tomato and beetroot on multigrain. I obviously need help with my sammiches

Mmmmm, it's much better than it looks. Pickled cabbage, I think. Edit: Beetroot on multi-grain? Oh, you really do need help with your sammiches Still, beetroot? It doesn't sound like it'd by my thing, either, lol

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Normal Adjacent
0 likes
Quote by elizabethblack
Philly Cheese Steak with good bread

My parents are both from Philadelphia so I have to agree with this. The bread is key. I won't bring up the debate about what is the true Philly CheeseSteak controversy here. I love them all. I also love a good coldcut hoagie. Now that word is definitely regional. Some people just stare when you use it. I then just say sub.

hoa·gie
ˈhōɡē/Submit
nounNORTH AMERICAN
another term for submarine sandwich.

Convict
0 likes
Egg salad sounds nice.

Quote by Simmerdownchick

Mmmmm, it's much better than it looks. Pickled cabbage, I think. Edit: Beetroot on multi-grain? Oh, you really do need help with your sammiches Still, beetroot? It doesn't sound like it'd by my thing, either, lol

OMG! Pickled CABBAGE? They're just giant Brussels sprouts. Surely you jest.

I think you call it pickled beets. We buy it in a can. A hamburger or salad sammich isn't one without beetroot. Sometimes I grate a raw beetroot to put on sammiches.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Rare roast beef with roasted tomato and currant chutney, dollops of Dijon mustard cream, and fresh rocket on a crusty artisan baguette.

Troublemaker
0 likes
Liz on one side, Sprite on the other
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
Liz on one side, Sprite on the other

man with a death wish in the middle.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
CurlyGirly and Mazza's Big Sammich

Although the Liz and Sprite Sammich sounds quite Yummy too!
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Egg salad sounds nice.

OMG! Pickled CABBAGE? They're just giant Brussels sprouts. Surely you jest.

I think you call it pickled beets. We buy it in a can. A hamburger or salad sammich isn't one without beetroot. Sometimes I grate a raw beetroot to put on sammiches.

I do love a good egg salad sandwich.

Beets have never appealed to me. My mom liked them and she used to eat them, but as for me, those were the first thing donated to the food pantries. I hear they make a good dye. Full disclosure, though...I've never tried them

A French dip, and Philly cheesesteaks are also so delicious

Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Top five favourites:

1. Phillly Cheese Steak (thin shaved beef, mozarella, grilled onions and bell peppers)
2. Ham and Swiss on Rye (with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, dijon mustard, and mayo)
3. Reuben (pastrami on rye with swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and thousand Island sauce)
4. Western (Fried egg, bacon, cheddar, onion, and tomato, bbq sauce, on toasted white bread)
5. Left over turkey sandwich (white bread, butter, cranberry sauce, salt & pepper)

Honorable mention:

Peanut butter and banana (the name pretty much says it all).

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Unfuckwithable
0 likes

Pitta bread with Halloumi cheese and Salad. It's a very healthy option and totally yummy!!!

*EDIT - I also like the Sprite/Liz sammich idea
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can never turn down an Ultimate Porker at Jimmy Johns.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by captainkirkland
I can never turn down an Ultimate Porker at Jimmy Johns.

I don't know Jimmy Johns but I don't mind an ultimate porker myself.

Quote by Liz
Rare roast beef with roasted tomato and currant chutney, dollops of Dijon mustard cream, and fresh rocket on a crusty artisan baguette.

THIS!! again! I like the way you make sammiches. This thread is making me hungry!
Site administrator
0 likes
Most of the above are all yummy but with so much filling just how do you eat them? By this I mean you attempt to take a bite and most of the filling slips out... well thats my experience anyway since I have such a small mouth. On the odd occasion I have a Big Mac most of the lettuce etc. lands up on my top!

For me a rare roast beef with horseradish or duck with hoisin sauce. Now and again I just crave a simple cheese and pickle.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Most of the above are all yummy but with so much filling just how do you eat them? By this I mean you attempt to take a bite and most of the filling slips out... well thats my experience anyway since I have such a small mouth. On the odd occasion I have a Big Mac most of the lettuce etc. lands up on my top!

For me a rare roast beef with horseradish or duck with hoisin sauce. Now and again I just crave a simple cheese and pickle.

Don't take the stick out