Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Uploading Pics From Your Phone To Your Avatar?

last reply
24 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Can it be done and if so how does one go about it?
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
Quote by CunningLingu1st
Can it be done and if so how does one go about it?

hello! yes, you can upload images from your phone to your avatar, or anywhere else. simply go to 'settings' and choose 'change avatar'. then click on 'choose image', this will pull up a menu on your phone that will have you select from various places i.e. camera, my files, etc. select from where you wish to retrieve the image. i'll add that i'm on an android, it may differ slightly for an iphone. hope this helps!☺

Say. Her. Name.

0 likes
Quote by honeydipped

hello! yes, you can upload images from your phone to your avatar, or anywhere else. simply go to 'settings' and choose 'change avatar'. then click on 'choose image', this will pull up a menu on your phone that will have you select from various places i.e. camera, my files, etc. select from where you wish to retrieve the image. i'll add that i'm on an android, it may differ slightly for an iphone. hope this helps!☺

Thank you so much for your help.

I followed your instructions to the letter but unfortunately when it came to the 'Upload Image' part it didn't upload successfully.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 8, so pretty much bang up to date.

Thanks again anyway.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by CunningLingu1st

Thank you so much for your help.

I followed your instructions to the letter but unfortunately when it came to the 'Upload Image' part it didn't upload successfully.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 8, so pretty much bang up to date.

Thanks again anyway.

Perhaps the file is too big or your connection might be too flaky.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Quote by noll

Perhaps the file is too big or your connection might be too flaky.

Thank you noll, it does say...........'Only gif or jpg files allowed.Mximum file size 500kb'

No idea what that means but it's just a normal pic taken by my camera phone.
0 likes
Quote by CunningLingu1st

Thank you noll, it does say...........'Only gif or jpg files allowed.Mximum file size 500kb'

No idea what that means but it's just a normal pic taken by my camera phone.

Pics taken with the camera on one's mobile phone can easily be a lot bigger than 500kb, so I guess that's where the issue is (a nice error message of why it didn't work would have been nice of course). Your camera app may have an option to make lower resolution pics, or black&white, that'll reduce the file size. Or, if you want to use a pic that you've already taken, you could try to make it smaller. There are many apps for that on desktop. There may be some mobile apps that do that as well.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
If you upload your photograph to your image gallery first, I believe the size limit is much larger at 4mb.

https://www.lushstories.com/membership/details/imagegallery.aspx

You can then go to your 'Change Avatar' page and select it from the list of existing images.

https://www.lushstories.com/membership/update-details.aspx?s=avatar

Lush should automatically resize the image to compensate for the avatar limitations if done this way. I tested this myself using the background image from my profile page (approx 2.2mb) and it worked fine as an avatar.

Hope that helps!
0 likes
Quote by Liz
If you upload your photograph to your image gallery first, I believe the size limit is much larger at 4mb.

You can then go to your 'Change Avatar' page and select it from the list of existing images.

Lush should automatically resize the image to compensate for the avatar limitations if done this way. I tested this myself using the background image from my profile page (approx 2.2mb) and it worked fine as an avatar.

Hope that helps!

That's exactly how I've did it,I even went back to my gallery and edited the pic to make it smaller but still getting the same outcome
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by CunningLingu1st
That's exactly how I've did it,I even went back to my gallery and edited the pic to make it smaller but still getting the same outcome

It's possible then that the photographs you have taken on your phone are over the 4mb size limit if the image gallery as Noll suggested. Certainly possible on the latest smartphone models.

You might want to try a free resizer app and test the theory by shrinking a photo and trying the upload again:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Hope that helps!

LOL, makes you wonder why there is a 500kb limit on avatar pics if there's an auto resize option for the other route? Oh well ;)

0 likes
Quote by noll

LOL, makes you wonder why there is a 500kb limit on avatar pics if there's an auto resize option for the other route? Oh well ;)
Indeed
0 likes
Quote by Liz

It's possible then that the photographs you have taken on your phone are over the 4mb size limit if the image gallery as Noll suggested. Certainly possible on the latest smartphone models.

You might want to try a free resizer app and test the theory by shrinking a photo and trying the upload again:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer

Liz,may I be permitted to PM you?
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by noll

I checked again and it appears that rather than resizing the image gallery file, Lush uses an avatar-sized thumbnail of the larger version. The background image I have saved in my image gallery is 2.2mb, but if I set it as my avatar and save a copy to my desktop it is only 8kb. This would be consistent with many website platforms that can automatically create smaller thumbnail sized copies of images depending on the application on-site.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by CunningLingu1st
Liz,may I be permitted to PM you?

Sure.
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Sure.

Sent,first message I've ever sent on Lush.

Surely I don't have to prove I'm not a Robot every time I send one?
0 likes
Quote by Liz
I checked again and it appears that rather than resizing the image gallery file, Lush uses an avatar-sized thumbnail of the larger version. The background image I have saved in my image gallery is 2.2mb, but if I set it as my avatar and save a copy to my desktop it is only 8kb. This would be consistent with many website platforms that can automatically create smaller thumbnail sized copies of images depending on the application on-site.

Of course it's a copy. It would suck if your background shrunk when you wanted to use it as avatar as well For avatar uploads the same resize option could've been used (where after resizing the original uploaded file could simply be ditched).
Anyway, hopefully you can help CunningLingu1st get some identity. He sure looks like a robot now.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by noll
Of course it's a copy. It would suck if your background shrunk when you wanted to use it as avatar as well For avatar uploads the same resize option could've been used (where after resizing the original uploaded file could simply be ditched).

I meant simply displaying the original image but just sized down to 150px for your avatar, not permanently resizing the original file which would affect its use in other areas. smile

I'm sure I can help out Mr. Linguist.
0 likes
Quote by Liz
I meant simply displaying the original image but just sized down to 150px for your avatar, not permanently resizing the original file which would affect its use in other areas. smile

I'm not sure I get what you mean. If your 2.2MB original is changed into an 8kB thumbnail than an actual resize (+copy) has taken place on a file level instead of just an in-browser resizing in HTML/CSS, right?

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by noll
I'm not sure I get what you mean. If your 2.2MB original is changed into an 8kB thumbnail than an actual resize (+copy) has taken place on a file level instead of just an in-browser resizing in HTML/CSS, right?

My original thought was that by selecting an oversize image gallery file for your avatar, Lush was resizing the image using CSS image properties to leave a maximum dimension of 150px on any one axis but keeping the aspect ratio the same. However, as this is only affects the displaying of an image and not the image file size, that doesn't seem likely as even though the avatar image appears small, the file size when loaded on a page would still be huge. In a forum setting, this would be seriously detrimental to load times / performance.

I then revised my idea after testing with my own avatar and image gallery files to Lush actually creating a copy of your original image but in a permanently resized thumbnail format which has a much smaller file size. That is what actually appears to be happening.

So, we're probably taking about the same thing but not being perfectly clear about it. We are also probably annoying some people with techie jargon and need to stop.
0 likes
Quote by Liz

My original thought was that by selecting an oversize image gallery file for your avatar, Lush was resizing the image using CSS image properties to leave a maximum dimension of 150px on any one axis but keeping the aspect ratio the same. However, as this is only affects the displaying of an image and not the image file size, that doesn't seem likely as even though the avatar image appears small, the file size when loaded on a page would still be huge. In a forum setting, this would be seriously detrimental to load times / performance.

I then revised my idea after testing with my own avatar and image gallery files to Lush actually creating a copy of your original image but in a permanently resized thumbnail format which has a much smaller file size. That is what actually appears to be happening.

So, we're probably taking about the same thing but not being perfectly clear about it. We are also probably annoying some people with techie jargon and need to stop.

I feel I was perfectly clear about it

And who doesn't like 3-4 letter tech abbreviations?!

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by CunningLingu1st
Sent,first message I've ever sent on Lush.

You're good to go, my man. Interesting choice!

As to the difficulties you were experiencing, the ability to upload and store images in a gallery on Lush is only for members not on a free account. All of the details regarding the functionality of the various membership levels can be found here:

https://www.lushstories.com/premium.aspx

Uploading an image to use as your avatar is no problem but it still has to be under 500kb in size. Your photograph was about 4.4mb. Anyway, all sorted now.
0 likes
Quote by Liz

You're good to go, my man. Interesting choice!

As to the difficulties you were experiencing, the ability to upload and store images in a gallery on Lush is only for members not on a free account. All of the details regarding the functionality of the various membership levels can be found here:

https://www.lushstories.com/premium.aspx

Uploading an image to use as your avatar is no problem but it still has to be under 500kb in size. Your photograph was about 4.4mb. Anyway, all sorted now.

Thank you Liz, you are a darling!
0 likes
Quote by CunningLingu1st

OK, you're definitely not a robot! ;)

0 likes
Quote by noll

OK, you're definitely not a robot! ;)

Not sure if that's a compliment noll, but thank you
0 likes