Quoting two different posts in your response

last reply
22 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Sophisticate
0 likes
I know how to quote someone's post and respond to it. Could someone please explain to me how to quote two different posts in that one response. Thanks in advance.
0 likes
Quote by principessa
I know how to quote someone's post and respond to it. Could someone please explain to me how to quote two different posts in that one response. Thanks in advance.

I do know how to do this one!

It's all in the code. So, you can quote one person, open another window, quote the second person, and then copy and paste that into your first response. It will notify both people that they have been quoted.

The other way is to copy and paste the thing you want to quote then put the [quote=username (then close the bracket) at the beginning and end with [/quote (then close the bracket)

Does anyone know how to do a quote within a quote? That's one I haven't figured out yet.
Sophisticate
0 likes
Thank you, B.

Now I want to know how to do the one you asked about.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Burquette
Does anyone know how to do a quote within a quote? That's one I haven't figured out yet.
Quote by Burquette
Also, I love boobies.

Sure. It would look like this. smile

[code]
Quote by Burquette
Quote by Burquette
Also, I love boobies.
[/code]
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

Apparently you can!

Quote by Verbal

I wonder if you can do a quote within a quote within a quote?

Quote by Burquette

I do know how to do this one!

It's all in the code. So, you can quote one person, open another window, quote the second person, and then copy and paste that into your first response. It will notify both people that they have been quoted.

The other way is to copy and paste the thing you want to quote then put the [quote=username (then close the bracket) at the beginning and end with [/quote (then close the bracket)

0 likes
Quote by Liz
Sure. It would look like this. smile
Quote by Burquette
*misses explanation because Liz is dreamy*
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by trinket

You've done it backwards Verbs. You're reading from the top so the first quote should be at the top, right?

.erutuf eht ni retteb od ot yrt ll'I ,yrros m'I .thgir yletulosba er'uoY
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i'm still confused...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i'm still confused...
Quote by apptobebad
No Shit!!

Now everyone is a smart arse. Thank you Liz
You should first read this Looky Here!!

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by prettywild
What about if you're on phone? ?
Quote by apptobebad
Done on a phone.

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
Quote by prettywild
What about if you're on phone? ?

Quote by apptobebad
Done on a phone.

Quote by honeydipped
you would follow the same instructions (i'm on my phone right now). do you know how to copy and paste on your phone?

thanks for the concise tutorial, liz!?

Say. Her. Name.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by prettywild
OK how did you do the qoute in qoute thing?

When I joined lush I didn't even know how to take a screen shot ... that's what I come here for , computer tutorials

Quote by prettywild
jeez, I don't think I need to know, I'll only argue with one person at a time

Like this smile

The above example quote-in-quote code looks like this:

[code]
Quote by prettywild
OK how did you do the qoute in qoute thing?

When I joined lush I didn't even know how to take a screen shot ... that's what I come here for , computer tutorials

Quote by prettywild
jeez, I don't think I need to know, I'll only argue with one person at a time
[/code]

So, it has an open quote tag

[code]
Quote by prettywild
[/code]

followed by your post, then a second open quote tag followed by your second post, then two close quote tags at the end.

[code]
[/code]

Hope that makes sense.
Unfuckwithable
0 likes
Quote by Apptobebad
One
Quote by Apptobebad
day
Quote by Apptobebad
we'll
Quote by Apptobebad
all
Quote by Apptobebad
be
Quote by Apptobebad
smartarses

and then this Free stuff

then say 'Hi'
Weaver of Words
0 likes
It used to do that automatically when you quoted someone that had quoted someone, etc. They changed it because some posts were getting ridiculously long. So if you want it now, you have to do it manually. It is also handy if you want to break down a long post so each part can be answered directly below it, or if you want to respond to two different people in one post.