This is Fashion?

last reply
12 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Now living in Alaska, I've never been one at the forefront of the fashion industry - believe me there are times up here that I feeling like I'm in the bar scene in Star Wars! But I saw this on Yahoo today and all I can wonder is why? Why would anyone pay good money for nothing? I mean these aren't jeans, they aren't shorts...they aren't much of anything really!

Is this what the fashion industry has been reduced to? Whatever happened to outfits that flatter and enhance rather than stun observers? Is the current trend one of who can be the most outlandish and shocking?

These things (for lack of a better word) won't keep you warm, or dry, and without something underneath them will most likely land you in jail for indecent exposure! So someone please tell me what's the point?

0 likes
I have always thought ripped jeans were a bit silly, but this kind of cranks it up to 11.
Gundriver
0 likes
Quote by Master_Jonathan
So someone please tell me what's the point?

Sorry, In my opinion there IS no point to this..
Resurrection the Beginning...My first story...Please feel free to have a look

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/resurrection-the-beginning.aspx

Resurrection the Resurgence...Second in the series...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/resurrection-the-resurgence.aspx

Resurrection the Redemption...Third in the series...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/novels/resurrectionthe-redemption.aspx
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad
Easy to wash

There you go again! Just thinking how little water and washing powder you will need to use... cheapskate!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
only fashion we all should have is to just go naked
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by apptobebad
Easy to wash

Can’t imagine sorting a pair out after the dryer! Of course standing out in the yard spinning them around might complete the drying process in a few
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Master_Jonathan
Now living in Alaska, I've never been one at the forefront of the fashion industry - believe me there are times up here that I feeling like I'm in the bar scene in Star Wars! But I saw this on Yahoo today and all I can wonder is why? Why would anyone pay good money for nothing? I mean these aren't jeans, they aren't shorts...they aren't much of anything really!

Is this what the fashion industry has been reduced to? Whatever happened to outfits that flatter and enhance rather than stun observers? Is the current trend one of who can be the most outlandish and shocking?

These things (for lack of a better word) won't keep you warm, or dry, and without something underneath them will most likely land you in jail for indecent exposure! So someone please tell me what's the point?

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Master_Jonathan

Sometimes a runway 'fail' inspires an improvement which becomes awesome street wear biggrin

Lurker
0 likes
I can't believe those were actually modeled. Totally impraitcal women's fashion seems to be getting ridiculous, try finding a nice snug sweater and you end up with a design that has the back longer then the front. I am not a fan of most modern fashion.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SilentBeauty
I can't believe those were actually modeled. Totally impraitcal women's fashion seems to be getting ridiculous, try finding a nice snug sweater and you end up with a design that has the back longer then the front. I am not a fan of most modern fashion.

MasterJ's pic is a design from Meiko Ban (Japanese former dancer/choreographer). Her designs are very avant-garde and sooo different, certainly not to everyone's taste. But she is consistent. Some designers throw out an item that is completely off the wall and not in keeping with the ensemble they show. They do that for publicity purposes, knowing that it will be def photographed and find its way across the publications. They all do it. Here's an example from my absolute fav fashion house Chanel. (Shoes are awesome!)

Soooo un-Chanel!

But Meiko is at least consistent across her range, whether we like her or not smile

and this is for you....

Chanel, of course.
Butterfly
0 likes
She want fingers lol

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SilentBeauty