Parents, did you have a feeling, a hunch, or did you find out

last reply
11 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
what the sex of your baby was?
We do NOT want to know, and tell all who ask that we're just hoping for "happy and healthy".
However last night in bed we were discussing what things each of us would teach our child be it boy or girl, and we both stopped, looked at each other, and said "it's a girl." We don't know how how, or why, but we just KNOW. Various relatives have made guesses based on how much weight I've gained (not as much as expected, but still too much to wear my old stuff for the most part) and they're all about 50/50, we viewed the sonogram and my doctor was careful to make sure not to show us anything, and pronounced my baby healthy and 100% normal. Needless to say, we both bawled our eyes out at the viewing. It's a mighty potent moment in your lives...
So did you just guess, did you have a feeling, or did you just take the easy way out?
I've been less active here due to some emotional roller-coaster issues, but my doctor recommended that I try to do some normal stuff to keep me from getting too emotional one way or the other. I gave him a brief idea of this place and he told me to get back to writing, so be prepared for some new stuff soon...:-)
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Being total control feeaks, hubby and I wanted to know. Unfortunately, when I was pregnant with our daughter, she would not let anyone see anything gender-wise during her ultrasound (a modesty that has NOT carried over later and life). Later, the doctor thought there was something that may be wrong and send us for a high resolution ultrasound. That's when we learned she was ok, thank goodness, and that she was a girl. And yes, we cried during every ultrasound.
0 likes
I always thought my babies were boys. There was never any question. Ended up being right, too!

I didn't cry during either of the ultrasounds, but did feel emotional. I cried about a lot of stuff while I was pregnant though, including one time I'd rolled into the back part of the couch and couldn't get up. That was my lowest moment.
Lurker
0 likes
I battled our couch a few times too, although my lowest moment was a long hard cry over running out of butter.
0 likes
I can understand that!
Lurker
0 likes
Have a boy and a girl...then had the wiener tied off...ultrasounds on both but could never tell...the genitals where not getting a clear shot from the sound waves so no prediction.

But...the Dr. with my daughter was sure he knew it was another boy...through all the prenatal exams including all the way through delivery. Out comes my daughter facing down...he holds her for a second covering the genitals and says..."any last guesses"? Then proclaims after he rolls her over..."I'll be damned...beautiful little girl". Guess he was going by heartbeat/rate when he made his prediction.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
I always thought my babies were boys. There was never any question. Ended up being right, too!

I didn't cry during either of the ultrasounds, but did feel emotional. I cried about a lot of stuff while I was pregnant though, including one time I'd rolled into the back part of the couch and couldn't get up. That was my lowest moment.

My doctor did tell me that at some point I will get stuck in our waterbed, I can hardly wait...should be good for several hours of weeping...but hubby has been....absolutely fantastic so far. I was feeling sad about not fitting into anything anymore, and he wrapped his arms around me from behind, kissed my cheek and told me that I had to gain some size because there just wasn't enough room for two beautiful souls as it was. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky with that guy....
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by castlequeen
Quote by Lisa

My doctor did tell me that at some point I will get stuck in our waterbed, I can hardly wait...should be good for several hours of weeping...but hubby has been....absolutely fantastic so far. I was feeling sad about not fitting into anything anymore, and he wrapped his arms around me from behind, kissed my cheek and told me that I had to gain some size because there just wasn't enough room for two beautiful souls as it was. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky with that guy....

Awww....
Lurker
0 likes
We didn't know for either one.
0 likes
Quote by castlequeen
Quote by Lisa

That's so sweet. You're very lucky!
Lurker
0 likes
With my first, everyone said it was a boy. Unfortunately I lost him at 22 weeks.

So, the next one ... I carried similarly ... everyone saying again it was a boy. I painted the baby's room a great blue-lilac and bought boys clothes in navy & red ... and the doctor says ... Mrs. C ... you have a daughter. A Daughter??? I looked at my husband ... saying ... what about the Boy?? We had only 2 boys names picked out, with no girl names! LOL

Of course, with the next baby .... I just figured I'd stay with the idea it was a boy. But, I made sure we had both a girl's name and a boy's name picked out, just in case. We had a son.

Sigh ... when I was pregnant ... I felt so damn sexy!! (loved having a busty-bust!)
Lurker
0 likes
Ah yes, the boobs. I was already a 36c before pregnancy and they grew substantially during. hubby was enthralled and would have paid the doc to keep them that way if he could.