Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Has anyone caught their SO looking up or chatting to their ex on social media?

last reply
11 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know this is going to sound stupid. I'm normally not the jealous type except when it comes to my husband talking about his first serious relationship. Anyway I caught my husband trying to find the woman and it is making me feel insecure.

If anyone has found their significant other chatting to their ex what did you do?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune
I know this is going to sound stupid. I'm normally not the jealous type except when it comes to my husband talking about his first serious relationship. Anyway I caught my husband trying to find the woman and it is making me feel insecure.

If anyone has found their significant other chatting to their ex what did you do?

I don't go back or do i talk to my ex's and I will look to see what's up with them. I wouldn't worry about that unless she starts calling. In this world where people sleep with anyone anything is possible and that's why I get the wrong feeling I bail.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I admit I have checked out my first lover on Facebook just to see how they are doing. However I rarely talked about my ex lover with my husband in over the past 12 years we have been together. However my husband for a good few years would talk about his ex, nothing positive just how she screwed him over big time repeatedly. This woman used to date my BIL before getting with my husband, she is a few years older then my husband so I don't know. It just makes me feel insignificant.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have no doubt he isn't over her. On a side note I found her profile, she is way prettier then me. I can see why she could charm men. My husband is mildly dyslexic and had trouble spelling her name. HAHA.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sirene_Jaune

Quote by Sirene_Jaune
I admit I have checked out my first lover on Facebook just to see how they are doing. However I rarely talked about my ex lover with my husband in over the past 12 years we have been together. However my husband for a good few years would talk about his ex, nothing positive just how she screwed him over big time repeatedly. This woman used to date my BIL before getting with my husband, she is a few years older then my husband so I don't know. It just makes me feel insignificant.

If he talks about her openly, he's not trying to hide it and it probably doesn't mean anything to him. Talk to him, get how you feel out in the open and give him a chance to reassure you. If he doesn't know he's hurting you, he's just going to keep doing it.

It's normal to have the feelings you are. If love was a guarantee and not a gift it would have no value. It's natural to be upset when you think you might lose something you value. The best thing you can do for both of you is to talk about it otherwise you risk compounding things.

Best of luck
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Not in my current relationship, but in a previous one my girlfriend (it was serious, we were talking about marriage) would talk to her ex on the phone, which made me really jealous. He came and visited once, which made me even more jealous. That visit ended up kind of breaking us up.

In retrospect I am glad we broke up, though.
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
I'm still friendly with most of my exes to a certain extent. We may have broken up (a long time ago), but it doesn't mean they're bad people. I'm not close with them, but I do keep up with them on Facebook, and say hi every now and then. I haven't been opposed to getting a coffee or drink with them if I run into them - just to catch up. There's no chance of trying to rekindle whatever spark - we've been there, done that, and decided to move on when it wasn't working out. Anyway, I've been been married for 10 years, they've gone on with their own lives. I'm happy for them, they're happy for me. It's not really a big deal.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

0 likes
People can't help being curious. I've looked up everyone I've ever known and browsed their profiles as furtively as possible. It's not wrong to be curious about an ex. What would be worrying is if your SO thought it was fine to meet up with his ex and be friends with them to the point where they hang out alone.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i've kept tabs on my ex, tho i'd never chat him up or try to get back into touch. mostly, i'm learning his habits and tracking his movements - it'll come in handy when i decide to assassinate him.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Neither of my boyfriends have exes. I've had guys I dated in high school and college try to get in touch with me over the years, but I don't give them any encouragement.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
None of us have social media contacts so the answer is no.
As for contact with ex's - One of their ex's is one of our partners, partner so they are in regular contact - in more ways than one as one of our FWB.