Login

How do you like to handle comments?

last reply
4 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Depends on the comment. If they comment on or critique a specific aspect of the story or have a question, I might respond to that. If it is an especially good, well-written comment, I might compliment them on their comment. If they comment about wanting to read more, I might point out other stories I've written that are in the same vein or that are related (since many of my stories are in the same fictitious setting and I occasionally have characters from one pop up as supporting cast in another). Most comments, however, tend to be very short and along the lines of "Nice/good story" and those don't really merit more than a thank you at most.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Same here. If someone writes a comment, I always try to answer it, even if it's just a "Thanks for reading my story. I'm glad you liked it!" answer. If someone writes more or asks a question or showers me with praise ;) I will write more. But as seeker said, most comments are short and to the point. Not everyone writes paragraphs (although some have!)
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I always try reply to every comment made on my stories; even if I just like the comment. It's basic good manners for me. Criticism? I take it and consider it next time I write.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I prefer to send the commenter a personal note through private messaging. I like to keep the comment section under my story clean without any of my return comments. I like that we have the option though.