Login

HANG IN THERE, TEXAS

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have heard about the devastation in Texas as well as measures to curb further loss and damage to properties.
I have also just heard about a Tornado warning for New Orleans.
As a Rescuer and one with a humanitarian heart, my heart goes out to those affected by the events.
While back here and not being able to do anything but pray, I can just say; HANG IN THERE, TEXAS!!
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Ditto. The images shown on the news are devastating, I can't imagine what it must be like to have to abandon your home to the rising flood waters. I saw the picture the other day of the helpless pensioners stranded in waist-high water. I know they have now been rescued but that is just shocking.

And an enormous FUCK YOU to pastor Joel Osteen of Lakewood Church who I read has finally been publicly shamed into buying some air mattresses and preparing to open the doors to flooding victims in need.
Lurker
0 likes
I think that lame ass Joel finally opened his church up.

Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Fortunately, all the Texans I know along the gulf coast are safe and dry. I hope this gets fixed quickly and doesn't drag on like repairs from Katrina did.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I'm still waiting to hear if my friend in Schulenburg, TX west of Houston is okay. :-(
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had vowed to stop posting in the forums, but I am making an exception for this thread. I live in Austin. We got 12 inches of rain from Harvey, but Houston is around 52 inches the last I heard, which is a US record for one storm. Then, there is Rockport, Aransas Pass and Port Aransas, which is where Harvey made landfall with 130+ MPH winds and the big storm surge. Rockport was simply devastated. Corpus Christi, where I went to high school was better off, but they still had half the city without power. I was supposed to go to my high school's 50th anniversary party Friday, but my hotel reservations got cancelled due to the damage at the hotel, which is on the bay.

If you want to help, send cash donations to the Red Cross, and ask that it be designated for Harvey victims. That will be needed for years. Also, we have a no kill pet shelter called Austin Pets Alive, which normally houses 150 or so pets. They now have 1,000 homeless pets who they took in from shelters in the affected areas. When I dropped off a carload of pet supplies last week, there was a line of folks signing up to volunteer to help care for and find the owners of the lost pets. The wait was two hours to sign up. Someone I know who works there told me that they are housing over 70 baby squirrels who fell out of their nests during the high winds here. Please help if you can. This will be worse than Katrina, Andrew or Sandy. Thank you.