last reply
13 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
cat

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Detention Seeker
0 likes

My Satan! Yep I really named him him that after he bit the vet on his 1st ever visit and he said he was a lil devil. (I was joking at the time but when I paid for his injections it was printed on his papers) I just thought what the hell it stays!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Also...

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by kylie_kained

My Satan! Yep I really named him him that after he bit the vet on his 1st ever visit and he said he was a lil devil. (I was joking at the time but when I paid for his injections it was printed on his papers) I just thought what the hell it stays!

Well, there sure is something mystical about him as light seems to pass through him and he has no shadow

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Golden Retrievers. I've had two. The one I have right now is an 'English style'. They tend to have boxier heads, rounder eyes, and are heavier boned and have shorter hair than the American version - kind of like a long haired Lab. They can be lighter in colouring too, incl. cream coloured.

I love all dog breeds though.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
[/quot

Lucky dogs....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Golden Retrievers. I've had two. The one I have right now is an 'English style'. They tend to have boxier heads, rounder eyes, and are heavier boned and have shorter hair than the American version - kind of like a long haired Lab. They can be lighter in colouring too, incl. cream coloured.

I love all dog breeds though.

Im a dog lover too
Lurker
0 likes

Labrador Retrievers
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We have a Begal - Jack Russell mix that looks like a Black and Tan Begal and is the size of one. But he acts just like a Jack Russell. He just showed up on our front porch one Saturday morning at our camp on New Years eve. He was a very loving and affectionate dog from the very first moment we found him.

Hubbie fed him and fixed a warm place for him to sleep out of the weather. He followed us every where we went around the camp. When we left to go into town he would be waiting for us at the front door when we returned. He was trained and would sit, roll over, crawl, and play dead. We asked the few people around us if they knew who he belonged to. No one had ever seen him before.

We took him to the vet the first day we could to get him checked for a chip. We figured he had to belong to someone in the area. He was trained and well behaved. There was no chip so we decided to keep him. The vet checked him out and he was healthy and around 3 years old. So we got him his shots. After we got him clear of the fles and ticks we brought him inside. He was house broken too. He has been the best dog we ever had. Even our cats liked him after just a few days. He rides in the truck and goes to the camp with us.

Brandie
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I had a Spaniel and a Beagle growing up, so I'm naturally quite fond of these two breeds. They both were more of the 'hunting' variety than the 'house' variety, although nobody in my family ever hunted. They looked similar to this:

If I had to buy a dog myself though, I'd totally go for a Boxer, preferably a black-and-white one (which is rarer):

I mean, come on, a huge part of the fun in having a dog is to own a big silly creature which looks at you with silly eyes after being reprimanded for their silly antics. Might as well go full-silly and get the ultimate doggy-dog with oversized jowls and a perpetual sad face, haha.

Seriously, one of my uncles consistently had Boxers when I was a kid (brown ones), and I just absolutely fucking love the temperament of these dogs. Don't get fooled by their silly expression, Boxers are some of the most noble animals you could find. My uncle never trained his dogs in any particular way whatsoever, and his Boxers were invariably extremely protective with us kids. They'd run to us and act like a banister whenever we were standing next to a body of water (eg. lake or river), they'd instantly jump in the water when we were swimming to make sure we'd have something to hang on to if we ever struggled, they'd even turn against my uncle and bark at him when he was mischievously throwing us in the air and making us scream.

The most admirable thing about all of this is that Boxers are inherently extremely lazy. Throw a ball at a Boxer and he won't even bat an eye (seriously); present him to a group of kids and he'll tirelessly behave as their guardian for 16 hours straight. They're the quintessential rugged brutes with a heart of gold. And they'll gladly act as your faithful buddy when you need them most without ever fighting for your attention or asking anything in return. It just makes me want to throw a cookie at them and make their big sad face a little less sad, haha.

Plus they're relatively low-maintenance, with their calm/idle temperament and their very short hair. Really the perfect dog for me...