Login

Alpha title listing by author

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I can get to the author's page but the listing is by story line. If I am trying to see the continuation of a story, I must go through multiple story lines to see each chapter.

Am I just missing a filter switch? If yes, can you point it out to me?

Appreciate any guidance you can provide.
Lurker
0 likes
There's no way I know of to filter an author's works on the reader end of things. The author can choose to display their stories by title or by genre.

Hopefully, the author will have done one and/or both of the following things, since presumably they want you to read each chapter.

1- given each chapter a story that makes it obvious where it falls in the series, even if each chapter is in different categories, making it harder to find at a glance.

2- set up the internal links that allow you to navigate to the next chapter from within the previous chapter itself. If they've done this, you should see a link underneath the words "continue reading" at both the top and bottom of the story, with a link to the next chapter.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner
There's no way I know of to filter an author's works on the reader end of things. The author can choose to display their stories by title or by genre.

Hopefully, the author will have done one and/or both of the following things, since presumably they want you to read each chapter.

1- given each chapter a story that makes it obvious where it falls in the series, even if each chapter is in different categories, making it harder to find at a glance.

2- set up the internal links that allow you to navigate to the next chapter from within the previous chapter itself. If they've done this, you should see a link underneath the words "continue reading" at both the top and bottom of the story, with a link to the next chapter.

Or you can be like sprite in Butterfly Beach and not even HAVE a part 7, just a 6 and an 8, thus sending the reader looking all through her ten thousand stories, looking for the next chapter and ultimately give up in total despair, falling to the floor and weeping in frustration.

I like to think she did this to create a disconnected, non-linear experience in the reader's mind, but I suspect she was just high.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner

Rats!. But thanks for the prompt reply.