Login

Some transparency about the status of bug reports/feature requests please

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I've noticed that in the last year or so many bug reports seem to stay just that: reports. There's no feedback as to whether it will be fixed or even looked at. Some of them get bumped every now and then, either by new folks running into the same issue or the same folks who keep running into it.

I understand that not all bugs may get fixed. Some may not even be bugs, but perhaps just confusion/annoyances about some feature (those are most often addressed btw). It would be nice if there was at least some notification that the report was seen by, or is being passed to, the person who might be able to fix it. I suppose that's Gav for technical bugs, but might be some admin when it comes to for instance rights issues.

I assume that Lush wants their members to keep reporting bugs whenever they run into one in order to keep Lush as good as possible site. Some feedback would be nice. Same for feature requests really. Thanks!

I will not turn this into a feature request by asking for an issue tracker, though that might be useful

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Crap, wrong category. Was meant to be posted under "Site Announcements / Feedback". Sorry

Constant Gardener
0 likes
That's what Gav needs...

Help Desk tickets! Nicola should outfit him with a pager from 1993, too.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Pretty sure Gav's bug tracking involves a shit load of Post-It notes. smile

It's up to him how he works it though.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

I think my glitch was resolved. Everything, is up and running now.
0 likes
Quote by Liz

It is indeed up to the person who the issue is assigned to. For code related issues that is Gav of course. But for other issues it may be Nicola who has to decide whether a requested feature is desirable at all or not. And for yet other requests/reports it may be someone else again. At this point it's often not clear whether issues made it to someone's kanban board or not though.

Reporting bugs, making suggestions and even requesting features is a form of commitment from members to the site. Some feedback would therefore be nice, even if it says "won't fix/do".