last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Italian who missed AF 447 flight dies in car crash
by Jonathan on June 10, 2009

An Italian woman who arrived to the airport late for the fatal Air France flight 447 has died in a car accident, according to ANSA news agency.

Johanna Ganthaler, a pensioner from the Bolzano-Bozen Province (South Tyrol, Italy) and her husband, Kirk, were on vacation in Brazil and missed flight 447 after arriving to the airport late. They were able to board a later flight and avoided being victims of the horrible crash.

The couple rented a car in Munich, Germany and decided to drive home to Italy. On their way home, while driving through Kufstein, Austria, their car ended up in the opposite lane and they had a head on collision with a truck.

The woman died at the hospital that she was taken to. Her husband is still in critical condition.

That is such a sad story. You escape death in one tragic accident only to die in another a few days later.

http://www.airfrance447.com/06/10/italian-who-missed-af-447-flight-dies-in-car-crash/
Lurker
0 likes
That's actually kinda funny. Not funny ha-ha. More like "This milk tastes funny" kind of funny.
Lurker
0 likes
Have you guys seen the movie Final Destination? Same thing happened...
Lurker
0 likes
I love those movies Melli.
And I know what you mean Durrr. What a bitch to be able to miss that flight and then get killed on your way home from missing it!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess when it's your time to go, there's no escaping it
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde