Fall-back career

last reply
29 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
You know, if shit just doesn't work out.

1) Why would you have to leave your present career?

2) What's your fall-back career?

(Don't tell us what your career actually is, but bonus points to anyone who can guess it)

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Lurker
0 likes
Hmm - odd question for me because I'm a writer-for-life. My fall back career is something I land with after I graduate college (Marketing Major)
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
I'd probably get fired for inciting a student protest, and then I'd fall back on my skills as a pharmaceutical guinea pig. Bring on the drugs and sugar pills!

0 likes
I'd most likely get fired for not reporting suspicions of illegal activity and then would work in a supermarket and work my way to the fucking top (supervisor, store manager, then CEO naturally) because that's just me. (In my humble opinion.)
0 likes
1) Move or early retirement, most likely. Perhaps if I seriously fuck up. The company is very successful and growing so no risk on that front and I'm well ensconced so can't see them letting me go unless I seriously fuck up.

2) Writing perhaps. My wife has talked about teaching in China when we're both retired so maybe that (she's Chinese and has connections).
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
1. I wouldn't...leave the career, that is. I'd leave the job if a more interesting project came along or if I was bitten by the travel bug and wanted to relocate, but I'll be in my chosen field of work for the rest of my working life.

2. Plastic surgeon that specialized in breast augmentation because titties.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

0 likes
1. I would leave my present career if they no longer needed me and I had the money to support myself.

2. Stripper.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I am just waiting for the right opportunity to become the World Dictator.
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
Quote by browncoffee
I'd most likely get fired for not reporting suspicions of illegal activity and then would work in a supermarket and work my way to the fucking top (supervisor, store manager, then CEO naturally) because that's just me. (In my humble opinion.)

The Scarface of the coffee aisle.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I AM in my fallback career! I was originally in politics until a scandal caught up with me and I had to give up my position in the Ohio Democratic Party when I was 29. That's why I'm working in my family's business now. If I blow THIS, I'll probably have to be a hooker!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Metilda
Hmm - odd question for me because I'm a writer-for-life. My fall back career is something I land with after I graduate college (Marketing Major)

Just erotica, or do you write in several genres? Do you make a living at it (if so I am deeply impressed and somewhat envious)?

I used to teach middle school (and didn't like it), but I'd probably teach high school if I lost this job.

Voice-over work would be fun, but I have no idea how to enter the field.
0 likes
I've changed career several times already so I'm not that keen to do it again. However, my current job's under threat from cutbacks so...
I think I'd work from home if I switched career again. Exam paper marking, perhaps? It would tide me over for a while.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

Just erotica, or do you write in several genres? Do you make a living at it (if so I am deeply impressed and somewhat envious)?

I used to teach middle school (and didn't like it), but I'd probably teach high school if I lost this job.

Voice-over work would be fun, but I have no idea how to enter the field.

I used to be a manager (variety of retail and entertainment stores) and later I was a freelance jeweler.

Writing has at times turned a better profit than those previous employment gigs as long as I approach it like a daily job: Routine, critique, improvement, marketing and advertising. I have no real problem with the routine, but it's a dicey business these days with places like Amazon calling the major shots and controlling an industry. So to improve my capacity and increase success, I shifted my college focus from business management to marketing.

Yes - mostly erotica. i write in multiple genres but 80% of my revenue is Erotica.

I love erotica and I intend on continuing with it in the future. My hope is to create a new publishing path as the existing options for trad and self publishing erotica authors are dominated by entities who don't like us and therefor throw us under the bus.

So I have short term (maintain a passive income while attending college) and long term goals.
Lurker
0 likes
beer taster or Pizza delivery at an All nude lesbian colony
Detention Seeker
0 likes
I would just fall back from Queen to Princess but then who wouldn't.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kylie_kained
I would just fall back from Queen to Princess but then who wouldn't.

I'm with you!
Lurker
0 likes
I spent 30 years in my first fall back career. The next one would be as a counselor to help people with personal problems, such as what to do as a fall back career.
Troublemaker
0 likes
1) I've gotten away with ridiculous amounts of rebellious behaviour in my current job but I expect I'll get fired or encouraged to leave at some point...I'm not concerned in the least about this

2) my fall back career: Sprite's houseboy
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by LYFBUZ
1) I've gotten away with ridiculous amounts of rebellious behaviour in my current job but I expect I'll get fired or encouraged to leave at some point...I'm not concerned in the least about this

2) my fall back career: Sprite's houseboy

is it wrong that i'm hoping you get fired soon?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
I play a mean Theremin.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
I play a mean Theremin.

heremin, theremin, everywhere a minmin.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
My ideal dream fallback career is to win the lotto, but then I woke up...

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

0 likes
Quote by Buz
I am just waiting for the right opportunity to become the World Dictator.

You better hurry, there's one in the making right in the good ol' USA

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a retired federal employee. I always wanted to be a philanthropist, and if I win the lotto, I certainly will. In the meantime, I give what I can to select environmental and progressive organizations about once a month.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Verbal
I play a mean Theremin.

Coo0O0º˚˚ºº∞ol!

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I’d probably get fired for not letting people use my intellectual property.

I think I’d be a shit-hot PR person. I love a good crisis.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Exploring the world and the oceans for lost treasures and fine wine
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tell everyone in the FD that when I am done "putting the wet stuff on the red stuff", I'm going to become a burden to society! I've been gainfully employed as they call it since I was 14 years old!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by noll

Coo0O0º˚˚ºº∞ol!

Hey, THAT was cool. Sounds just like a Theremin!