A question

last reply
46 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
This is probably not the place to put this, but this forum is where most of the people that I know and that know me.....hang out.

As many of you know, I have been giving a lot of consideration to leaving Lush, recently, as I have been having a tremendous problem justifying my time here. I had pretty much decided to leave right after Labor Day, as that would coincide with me starting my job after completing my MBA. However, after much cajoling by some people, I am reconsidering. For this thread, please just let me know whether you would like for me to stay, like for me to go, or dont have an opinion one way or the other. Please be honest, as you wont hurt my feelings, no matter what you post. One of my reasons for leaving, is that after I left, that I wouldn't really be missed anyway, except by those few people that I chatted with extensively.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and will let those of you that posted an opinion, my final decision.

Becky
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Stick around, Becky. Life shouldn't all be auditing and business process improvement.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Since I'm your cajoler-in-chief, ya gotta stay because I SAID so! lol
The Bruiser
0 likes
I think you need to stay Becky as we would miss your forum posts. But at the end of the day it is your choice as to weather you stay or go. If you do decide to leave know will hold it against you as it was your decision to go. But if you decide to stay we will all still back your decision what ever you decide to do

For the past few months I’ve been using Instagram and been using the site to post my photography . Here’s the link to my profile 

https://www.instagram.com/farmerroger1/

My recommended read

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/amongst-the-arabian-sands

here’s a link to my photography album in my media

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/farmerroger/media?album=2399646

0 likes
I'd be sorry to see you go Becky. Sorry also that I didn't chat more.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Becky4Texas
This is probably not the place to put this, but this forum is where most of the people that I know and that know me.....hang out.

As many of you know, I have been giving a lot of consideration to leaving Lush, recently, as I have been having a tremendous problem justifying my time here. I had pretty much decided to leave right after Labor Day, as that would coincide with me starting my job after completing my MBA. However, after much cajoling by some people, I am reconsidering. For this thread, please just let me know whether you would like for me to stay, like for me to go, or dont have an opinion one way or the other. Please be honest, as you wont hurt my feelings, no matter what you post. One of my reasons for leaving, is that after I left, that I wouldn't really be missed anyway, except by those few people that I chatted with extensively.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and will let those of you that posted an opinion, my final decision.

Becky

Stick around but treat this place as an escape from the trappings and responsibilities of your everyday life.
It's an adult playground, treat it as such. Avoid the drama, to the best of your ability.

I predict, if you do stay, you will be motivated to write something, maybe a poem, but I hope a story or few.
You do have stories, naughty ones, I know.

No need to leave, just limit your time. Insomnia. Come visit. Need a quick fix. Chat room. Need to get
something off of your chest, remove your shirt and post pics on my profile.

Great. It's settled then. I'm specifically looking for panties being pressed between naked breasts. I'll check
later to see if you've posted that for me. Thank you very much.
Lurker
0 likes
Stayyyyy!! Don't leave me with this people especially this one above me
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by elude
Stayyyyy!! Don't leave me with this people especially this one above me

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hope you stay
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Lurker
0 likes
93 views and only 8 replies, two of which really turned in to be more self-serving that an opinion on my staying. This only re-enforces my thought that when people leave Lush, no matter how popular, they are soon forgotten. People just dont seem to really care about forging real friendships here.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Just found this post this morning... Though we only chat on occasion, I'd like to see you stay... I enjoy the times we have talked and your wit and thoughts in your posts... smile
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I saw your views vs. comments statistics and its close to other thread activity. So do not be alarmed. Yes it would be nice having you stay here and I have noted that prior. But if it's a work distraction then it's not good.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is not the first time you have considered leaving.
You know my opinion - as a deleted 'friend'.
If you have any doubts leave. Obviously with the views and comments a lot of people dont care. You can always return after you have decided you miss us or ?????
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
I say go.

Personally, I don't care much one way or the other. I've hardly ever talked to you in the forums, though I've seen your name around enough to believe you're a regular. But if you feel like a site is taking up to much of your time or energy or whatever, and you have to ask whether you should cut it out of your life, then you should probably cut it out of your life. LS will go on without you, and you'll probably go on fine without it, too. But if you feel like you miss it, and want to come back, well, you know what the URL is. I doubt it's going anywhere. In the meantime, go on and explore whatever it is that this site is distracting you from.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Becky4Texas
93 views and only 8 replies, two of which really turned in to be more self-serving that an opinion on my staying. This only re-enforces my thought that when people leave Lush, no matter how popular, they are soon forgotten. People just dont seem to really care about forging real friendships here.

As another deleted 'friend' I think your expectations are way too high/unrealistic. Don't come here for some kind of acknowledgement. Be here if you want to be here, don't be here if you don't want to. And if you change your mind later on, you won't be the first.

I wish you well whatever you choose.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I don't know that I would leave Beck, once you start your "real job" you'll find that a lot of little things will change, your schedule, your social interaction levels. Some of the things you get from Lush will come from other places and some of the things you give to Lush will change, I don't spend a lot of time here I log on in the am generally between 6-7 (with a cup of coffee, hence my user name) peruse a profile or two, add something to my reading q and run through the forums, just a little relaxation time before I start my day. Besides what do you have to loose by staying? I'm sure your friends will understand the change and you'll still have access to them when you need to vent or get your motor running (so to speak) or even a little advice from the forums. Just my
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by coffeekid63
I don't know that I would leave Beck, once you start your "real job" you'll find that a lot of little things will change, your schedule, your social interaction levels. Some of the things you get from Lush will come from other places and some of the things you give to Lush will change, I don't spend a lot of time here I log on in the am generally between 6-7 (with a cup of coffee, hence my user name) peruse a profile or two, add something to my reading q and run through the forums, just a little relaxation time before I start my day. Besides what do you have to loose by staying? I'm sure your friends will understand the change and you'll still have access to them when you need to vent or get your motor running (so to speak) or even a little advice from the forums. Just my

Thanks....best piece of advice received so far and from someone I have had zero contact with in the past. This is the kind of feedback I was looking for with my request.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by noll

As another deleted 'friend' I think your expectations are way too high/unrealistic. Don't come here for some kind of acknowledgement. Be here if you want to be here, don't be here if you don't want to. And if you change your mind later on, you won't be the first.

I wish you well whatever you choose.

For your information, I un-friend people for two reasons.....either they never want to chat or they chat with me like they are 15 years old. You can decide for yourself, which category you belong to.
0 likes
As someone who frequently debates leaving Lush (and probably would were it not for being a writer as well as forum poster), I can only say that this is one of the funnest (is that a word) forums I have been on, even leaving aside the writing aspect. Outside of Think Tank, I find that there really aren't too many serious shitstorms on here like I see elsewhere. I love dropping in here when my other regular forum gets too crazy because I know I can enjoy some forum games, sexy talk, and a beer at Rump's. I've contemplated leaving that forum for here, too, but can't since I can't be open about my involvement here for various reasons.

So, if you feel you need to go, I'd say go and see how it feels to be away for a while. But it might not hurt to keep your account live (or just deactivate instead of deleting) just in case you need a fix of sex, joy, and sanity from time to time. I've tried leaving and always seem to end up back.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by Becky4Texas
For your information, I un-friend people for two reasons.....either they never want to chat or they chat with me like they are 15 years old. You can decide for yourself, which category you belong to.

Well, we only chatted once, which actually led to us becoming friends. And I never got an invite/request to chat from you either after that. So whatever the reason is, it reflects as much on you as it does on me.

Anyway, with this question and the one you posted for friends before on your blog, I get the impression that you want friends, or even all Lush members, to be available for you at any time, to state how beautiful your pics are and how we'd miss you if you'd leave, over and over again. Like I said, your expectations seem unrealistic/too high. You seem to want 100% dedication and attention from all the people you interact with here and if not then you even want us to decide whether we are worthy of your time and membership. I'd say make up your own mind. Leave if you want to leave, stay if you want to stay.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by coffeekid63
[B]I don't know that I would leave Beck, once you start your "real job" you'll find that a lot of little things will change, your schedule, your social interaction levels. Some of the things you get from Lush will come from other places and some of the things you give to Lush will change,[/B] I don't spend a lot of time here I log on in the am generally between 6-7 (with a cup of coffee, hence my user name) peruse a profile or two, add something to my reading q and run through the forums, just a little relaxation time before I start my day. [B]Besides what do you have to loose by staying? I'm sure your friends will understand the change and you'll still have access to them when you need to vent or get your motor running (so to speak) or even a little advice from the forums.[/B] Just my

Hi Becky

This morning, I happened to find this interesting thread you started and I must say, you asked a fascinating question. Something about it prompted me to write and give you my thoughts about what I think you should do. You and I have never met here on Lush, which is my loss I’m sure, so I’m not speaking from any personal feelings I may have.

Before I get to the topic of this letter, I want to offer you my sincere CONGRATULATIONS on earning your MBA and having a job waiting for you. That is quite an accomplishment, one that you can be very proud of achieving.

As most of the previous people that have responded have said, I too think you should stay. CoffeeKid63 summed it up very nicely, and I agree with the reasons given. I would like to suggest if you decide to leave, don’t cancel your account, but simply deactivate it. This way, if at some future date you decide you miss this place; everything will still be here, including your friends that have meant so much to you.

You expressed a valid concern about whether anyone would miss you, and I can assure you, those people that have become your ‘true friends’ will miss you. Some people throw the word ‘friend’ around casually, but to me it means someone that wants to share things in your life and is willing to share things with you also. They rejoice when you are happy and they hurt when you are sad. They are always there for you, no matter what happens. I know this is a sex-oriented site, and many people are here only for that reason and I guess that is okay if that’s what they want, but I noticed from reading your profile, you want more. In that, you and I share a common goal, and like you, I have mentioned that fact in my profile. These people are the ones that will miss you and they will be sad to see you leave. The others who are only a ‘casual’ friend, if I may use that term, no, they won’t miss you, but then they were never your real friend anyway, so it doesn’t matter about them.

Starting a new job can be very stressful. You’re faced with new people, new situations and surroundings, new expectations and the added pressure of creating that good first impression with your supervisors and co-workers during the early days of your employment. You may find that having a place like Lush and your ‘true friends’ waiting here for you, and they’ll still be here, will offer an emotional outlet to vent your feelings and frustrations.

You were worried about the amount of time you spend here, and I can understand that, I too am here more than I probably should be, but as CoffeeKid63 said, I think you will find your new position will take up a lot of your free time. This will mean the quantity of time here will decrease, but you will no doubt find the quality goes up as each minute chatting with those friends about your day’s activities become more precious.

Whatever you decide to do, I want to wish you good luck and a happy future. I’m sure you will do fine. To sum up this long-winded letter about why I think you should stay, I’d like to end with the same question CoffeeKid63 asked, and that is, ‘What do you have to lose by staying?’
If you're feeling bored during this Covid-19 epidemic I’d like to suggest
you take a peek at a story I collaborated with SueBrasil, a brilliant author.
It's about a mistake in judgment a lady makes concerning a friend, based
on the hurtful words of someone that only thinks of himself. Will that
conniving person succeed in ruining a beautiful friendship, or will she see
through his lies? It's gradually creeping up towards the 30,000 mark
and we’d love any votes or hearing whatever comments you may wish
to make. It is listed in my profile under ‘FAVOURITES’ as Apologize.

www.lushstories.com/stories/first-time/apologize.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
I try to keep things simple ... some have asked, "What do you have to lose by staying?"..... I prefer to think of any site, like LUSH, more in the perspective of, "What do I have to GAIN by staying?" Now, I come in here to satisfy my "dirty little secrets" desires ... and enjoy the stories and the photos. I just try to keep it there ... whether I gain or not gain any new friendships, that's ok.. since I prefer to NOT put that pressure on any other person or myself.
Does anyone know if you leave or stay.... I agree with others... they really do not notice since there is another to fill that void. Many times I have made my account inactive ... then when life gets boring, I reactivate it... again.

Best wishes no matter what you choose, Becky!!
Lurker
0 likes
I try to keep it simple and to the point. I am here to write and perhaps chat with authors. I don't give a hoot about old farts wanking or playing hop-scotch rodeo with non thinkers. I think Lush is a great for writing, but the players and politicians give me the rash.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Becky4Texas

Becky

It's your life - do whatever you want. You don't owe anybody explanations. We're not a workplace, here... your attendance is not required.

If people truly care about you, they will accept whatever you do because it's best for you. Close friends will reach out and offer a way to stay connected and won't pressure you to do something when you don't want to.

You can go - come back later - change your habits. Don't feel you have to justify your online life decisions with anybody because you don't.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Stay if you're enjoying it. Leave if you're bored with it. It's all up to you confused cunt lol
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LusciousLushie
Stay if you're enjoying it. Leave if you're bored with it. It's all up to you confused cunt lol

Thank you for the sympathy to my dilemma, arrogant bitch
Prolific Writer
0 likes
It's truly your decision. Leave your account up and if you want to visit from time to time...do so. If not...it's always here for you.

I find it's good to take breaks. I used to chat here but don't do that much anymore and only focus on my writing.

I spend nominal time here. If you have to question yourself, it's best to leave for a bit.

Best of luck,
Mysteria
Xo