Audio stories on an iphone

last reply
5 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to love listening to the audio stories from my iPhone but for the past year or so it won't download any audio stories. In the box it just says error. I can however listen to the audio stories from another site. There's so many I'd love to hear. Can anybody help xx
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by angelaslater
I used to love listening to the audio stories from my iPhone but for the past year or so it won't download any audio stories. In the box it just says error. I can however listen to the audio stories from another site. There's so many I'd love to hear. Can anybody help xx

Hi smile

The audio player currently being used on the site is a flash object. Unfortunately, Apple's late co-founder Steve Jobs famously bashed Flash for mobile and refused to allow the technology on the iOS platform. That means no iPhones or iPads can run Flash content without using a third-party app. There are a couple of paid-for browser apps still capable of running flash elements I think, but they're not very good.

I will have a word with Gav, our website guru, and see if it might be possible for him to swap out the current audio player for an HTML5 version instead.

Liz
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi, thank you so much. There are a hell of a lot of people with iPhones so it could only be a good thing. Please could you let me know what Gav says. Thanks for your response
A xx
Lurker
0 likes
I use Mercury as my internet browser on my iphone, which allows me to download the audio as a file. Mercury maintains its own internal file library, which is helpful because that way the file doesn't find its way into your music library, for example. Not sure if you can do that w the built-in safari browser.
Code Monkey
0 likes
iOS has always been a tricky beast to stream files to. i have spent countless hours with my iPad connected to my proxy and sniffing the requests its making to diagnose the issue.

i have uploaded a new patch today, are things better in iPhone land?

btw can you also watch the movies we host here too?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ohh thank you so much. I'll try it tonight if I get some alone time smile
A xxx