Which bands have you seen Live?

last reply
185 replies
16.3k views
1 watcher
2 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I'm going to see an old favourite UK band of mine, were around with the whole mods late 70's, early 80's scene, now touring Australia, The Specials:

I've also seen:

Radiohead
Pulp
The Cure
BB King
Faithless
Muse

And a good many more.

Who have you seen live?
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Lord I havent seen a concert in ages! I would have to say that it was back in my "country" days and I have seen:

Brooks and Dunn
Toby Keith
Sawyer Brown
Clay Walker

NOW.....I hate country music! LOL I would give my right hand to see The All American Rejects though!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Alot. I go to loads of gigs, but recently haven't had time. The most recent two I have been to are Patrick Wolf and Yacht.
Seeker
0 likes
I have never been to a real concert. Unless you count the Goo Goo Dolls at the Brick Yard last summer. I saw them from the other end of the track, which is really far away.

But there are all kinds of bands that I want to see!!
Lurker
0 likes
Nic, I just downloaded and watched Urgh!, which is a concert movie made of the New Wave and Punk bands from about 1981. It's pretty good, and that's coming from someone who wasn't that involved in it at the time.

I'm surprised you're not into country anymore, Pixie. I thought country fans were lifetime fans. I'm glad you came over to the Good Side, though. Just kidding, people.

Back when concert tickets were still within reach, I've seen:

Rush-2112 tour
Yes-4 times
Moody Blues
Jethro Tull
Bob Seger, Night Moves Tour, and Van Halen, first tour, at a festival
Cheap Trick and KISS at a stadium, back to back
Steve Miller, rough crowd
Huey Lewis, unfortunately
Phil Collins, Face Value tour
Eddie Money
Mitch Ryder, free show
Rare Earth, twice, free shows

Detroit is the home of Rock and Roll.
0 likes
I love live music. Some of the concerts I've been to:

Live
Powderfinger/Silverchair
Robbie Williams
My Chemical Romance (I've never felt so out of place in a concert crowd as I did at this one!)
Greenday
Pink
U2
Madonna
Bon Jovi
Kylie Minogue
Billy Joel
The Wiggles

I would've loved to have seen The Cure. I used to have such a big crush on Robert Smith!
Matriarch
0 likes
I still have this on VHS somewhere Lisa:

Fantastic concert.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
save a horse ride a cowboy
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
i once worked for aggrecko a generator rental company and got to supply power for live shows ive see way to many to mention them all but a few
montly crew
kiss
poisen
rat
great white
bon jovi
faith hill
chris luduex
ted nuget
on and on and on goes the list it was the best part of the job i was on the stage or front row for most of them
save a horse ride a cowboy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was a driver for the Rolling Stones (One of the vehicles, One show, over two and a half days)
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I still have this on VHS somewhere Lisa:

Fantastic concert.

Thanks for the song, Nic. I enjoyed that. Looks like they put on a great live show.
0 likes
Quote by runonwords
I was a driver for the Rolling Stones (One of the vehicles, One show, over two and a half days)

How cool. Did you have much to do with them or did they keep to themselves?
Lurker
0 likes
Road crew for :- Elton John/Billy Joel
Choirboys
Angels
Rose Tattoo
John Englsh
Johnny Diesel
to name a few
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Seen loads of bands, probably because i like festivals and you see shit loads there... my best were most likely: Black Sabbath with the orriginal lineup (not randy obviously), then Ozzy on his own which was cool, Velvet Revolver, System of the down, Alice Cooper (he called me trash and i got the guitarists pick), Tori Amos (just her sitting between two pianos, playing them both at the same time. spellbinding actually) Brian adams was much better than i expected... lots more but they're the best i think. I'd have loved to see lots of the big rock bands from the 80s.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
Nic, I just downloaded and watched Urgh!, which is a concert movie made of the New Wave and Punk bands from about 1981. It's pretty good, and that's coming from someone who wasn't that involved in it at the time.

I'm surprised you're not into country anymore, Pixie. I thought country fans were lifetime fans. I'm glad you came over to the Good Side, though. Just kidding, people.

Back when concert tickets were still within reach, I've seen:

Rush-2112 tour
Yes-4 times
Moody Blues
Jethro Tull
Bob Seger, Night Moves Tour, and Van Halen, first tour, at a festival
Cheap Trick and KISS at a stadium, back to back
Steve Miller, rough crowd
Huey Lewis, unfortunately
Phil Collins, Face Value tour
Eddie Money
Mitch Ryder, free show
Rare Earth, twice, free shows

Detroit is the home of Rock and Roll.

Not this gal! LOL I cant stand to even hear a country song anymore!
Oh, and I see that you were at a Cheap Trick and Kiss concert. How long ago was that? I am asking, because as you know my hubs is from Detroit and he went to a Cheap Trick and Kiss concert a long time ago. Wouldnt it be weird if you guys were at the same one? LOL
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Now Castlequeen has to reveal her ill-spent youth as a rocker-chick.
If there's Deadheads, I was a Kinkhead, having seen the Kinks some 18 times, Ray solo 5 times and Dave solo 4 times. Seen:
Sammy Hagar
Cheap Trick
AC/DC
Blue Oyster Cult
Tom Petty
Nick Lowe
Elvis Costello
Dave Edmunds
Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band
Steve Miller
YES
ELP
Moody Blues
Eddie Money
Jefferson Starship
38 Special
The Smithereens
ZZ Top
Rolling Stones
Living Colour
Greg Kihn
Huey Lewis
Dylan and the Dead special one time concert at Oakland (the high lasted for days it seemed like and that was from second hand smoke...LOL)
Matthew Sweet
Fountains of Wayne
OK-Go
The Posies
George Clinton/P-Funk, etc, etc.
Squeeze
Molly Hatchet

I'm sure there's more that I've simply forgotten...now that a concert at a decent venue is in the hundred dollar range, I rarely go anymore. I saw the ads for Blondie, but 129.99 a ticket? Sorry, nostalgia isn't worth it. DEVO came by last summer, but 89.00? Don't think so.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ashes2ashez
Seen loads of bands, probably because i like festivals and you see shit loads there... my best were most likely: Black Sabbath with the orriginal lineup (not randy obviously), then Ozzy on his own which was cool, Velvet Revolver, System of the down, Alice Cooper (he called me trash and i got the guitarists pick), Tori Amos (just her sitting between two pianos, playing them both at the same time. spellbinding actually) Brian adams was much better than i expected... lots more but they're the best i think. I'd have loved to see lots of the big rock bands from the 80s.

I love festivals too. Saw Ozzfest a number of years ago, with the original Sabbath lineup, which was great. I've seen Alice Cooper a couple of times; I know his tour guitarist, so I get backstage there, which is pretty cool. Other shows that I've seen include:

KISS
Rolling Stones
Neil Young
Elton John
Ted Nugent
Smashing Pumpkins
The Tea Party
Matchbox 20 (I won the tickets, so I kind of had to go)
Godsmack

And I'm going to a Kings of Leon show in a couple of weeks. Ticket prices have just gotten really really ridiculous over the past few years, though. I don't go to as many shows as I used to, or as I would like to.

And Ashes: What Randy was there in the original Black Sabbath lineup of Ozzy, Tony, Bill, and Geezer?
Lurker
0 likes
How long ago was that?
It was 1979, Pixie, at the Silverdome. Cheap Trick was on before KISS, but cut their show short because someone threw an M-80 at them. I'll bet he remembers that if he was at that one. I think it was KISS' "Hotter Than Hell" tour.
Lurker
0 likes
Big Muso...every summer I go to a festival or two

Slipknot
Faith No More
Limp Biscuit
Metallica
Radiohead
The Killers
Clutch
Papa Roach
Frans Ferdinand
Korn
Trivium
Keane
Foo fighters
The Pixies
Bon Jovi
Linken Park
Prodigy
Tenacious D
Feeder
Killswitch Engage
Deff Leppard
Marilyn Manson
etc etc etc....there are so many more lol...I love gigs,festivals and concerts....

And I'm getting to see my favourite band , greenday' this year in London...can't WAIT
Lurker
0 likes
Manson was on the Ozzfest lineup I saw. Great live performer. Slipknot was on the bill too; they just plain sucked. I don't love them to begin with, but live they were frigging horrible.
Lurker
0 likes
slipknot were amazing live....but that was this year so maybe they improved with age...they rocked...I was jumping around acting like I was 18 again....My body wasn't happy the next day lol
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, I think it was 2000 when I saw them, and they were not good at all. Then again, they were on right after Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society, who just completely tore it up... One of the best live short sets I have ever seen.

Maybe Slipknot is like good wine.... words I couldn't possibly have envisioned ending the day with when I woke up this morning.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
How long ago was that?
It was 1979, Pixie, at the Silverdome. Cheap Trick was on before KISS, but cut their show short because someone threw an M-80 at them. I'll bet he remembers that if he was at that one. I think it was KISS' "Hotter Than Hell" tour.

I just asked him, and I was mistaken. It was Cheap Trick and Loverboy that he saw. Many many years ago! LOL
Lurker
0 likes
You've seen some great ones, CQ. I've always wanted to see some George Clinton. I have most of his stuff.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
You've seen some great ones, CQ. I've always wanted to see some George Clinton. I have most of his stuff.

He's touring right now....he'll hit Seattle in September....sure, no Bootsy, but George knows how to get that funk out...
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Durrasch
Yeah, I think it was 2000 when I saw them, and they were not good at all. Then again, they were on right after Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society, who just completely tore it up... One of the best live short sets I have ever seen.

Maybe Slipknot is like good wine.... words I couldn't possibly have envisioned ending the day with when I woke up this morning.

hehehehe OK then....
Lurker
0 likes
Most recent show last weekend Billie Joel and he still has it

the other day Bob Dylan Willie Nelson and John Mellancamp at Mc Coy stadium
and rocco the ticket prices are nutz

the two most recent ones

lots of Aerosmith Joey Kramer, the drummer, is a neighbor, including jam sessions

two many to mention u2 george theroughgood so many I forget
Lurker
0 likes
Hubs and I were talking to the guy that used to be in Pantera a few months ago in Tom Thumb grocery store.Vinnie Paul. He's also in Hell Yeah and Damageplan. Was funny seeing an aging rocker buying hotdogs for a cook out for Memorial Day. He dyes his hair too. *snicker* Could see gray chest hair too!! *snicker again*

I've seen quite a few as well but, I'm like everyone else. I refuse to pay a hundred bucks to see any of them. Same reason I won't go to Disney for $80.00 either.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
The best concert I've seen must have been Alice cooper.
He's freakin amazing!
Must have been 2003 or 2004 in copenhagen.
heart
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Catnip
The best concert I've seen must have been Alice cooper.
He's freakin amazing!
Must have been 2003 or 2004 in copenhagen.
heart

I saw him. He was really good, but not the best I have seen